25 replies to this topic

#1 brushforhire

brushforhire

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:28 PM

Awhile ago i came ago the largest dragon miniature to come about. I remember it having a slogan about "it's so big it has to have it's own site" or something like that. Does anyone remember the site? Or is it defunk. I don't remember it ever even going up for sale. was curious what ever happened to it.

#2 Brushmaster

Brushmaster

Deity of Brushlicking and Drybrushing

• Black Lightning
  • 3683 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:52 PM

I think it was Wizards of the Coast's Collosal Red Dragon , but don't quote me on that . :rolleyes:
Just remember - Your weapons are made by the lowest bidder!!

"The fortunes of war are always doubtful" - Seneca

Law of Tactical Unreliability
Tactical geniuses aren't....

Posted Image

#3 Rastl

Rastl

Goddess of Shiny Things

• Bones Supporter
  • 2497 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:56 PM

Magnificent Egos. I don't have the link but it was their dragon. Sculpted by Sandra Garrity I believe.
Consistency and dedication are the hallmarks of -- oo! Shiny!
Nobody likes stompy mechenbooty. - Krztoff
Indulge me and visit my blog: RastlWorld
p.s. LOOK! I was the ANTI-RASTL! Only 20 words! - Anne
28mm troops with a difference .. or two. RastlWorldMinis

#4 Ishil

Ishil

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 758 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:58 PM

I think it was Wizards of the Coast's Collosal Red Dragon , but don't quote me on that . :rolleyes:

No, it was Viszeralyn, Colossal Oracle Dragon by Magnificent Egos. Some people certainly bought one - there were one or two threads here. Egos seems to be defunct, but it looks like you can still get hold of it via Paizo.com.

Ishil
Jesus loves you. But not that much.

#5 brushforhire

brushforhire

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:07 PM

THAT'S IT! thanks. been driving me nuts forever. maybe i will have to keep an eye out for one. i want to paint one just to say i did it.

#6 Ishil

Ishil

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 758 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:53 PM

THAT'S IT! thanks. been driving me nuts forever. maybe i will have to keep an eye out for one. i want to paint one just to say i did it.

I can understand that - but have you seen how much they're selling for?

Ishil
Jesus loves you. But not that much.

#7 brushforhire

brushforhire

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:07 PM

cheapest i found was $200. Kinda wrestling with it in my head whether or not i can justify that. possibly. I spent $80 on Marthrangul, what's another $120 or so for something like Viszeralyn. My big thing now, however, is as to whether i actually like the dragon enough to do it. or if i can even get one. Which seems like they are on eternal backorder from what i've read.

#8 muttmutt

muttmutt

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:10 PM

No, it was Viszeralyn, Colossal Oracle Dragon by Magnificent Egos. Some people certainly bought one - there were one or two threads here. Egos seems to be defunct, but it looks like you can still get hold of it via Paizo.com.

Ishil

I want that dragon.....must have the dragon. :wub:
The only good dwarf is a drunk one.

#9 Eostar

Eostar

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:04 PM

I have one - a definite impulse purchase! I want to improve on my technique before starting. (another 10 years or so should do it :rolleyes: ) I got mine off Ebay from Valiant Enterprises for a great price. He isn't listing any Magnificient Egos items now, but it may be worth asking.

Paizo is asking 249.99, USD but has her on backorder. Fantization is selling her for the same amount and seems to have stock.

It looks like Magnificient Egos may be back into limited production. There's a new dragon listed- Geiger, Deep Dragon. No full pictures of him yet, just the box artwork.

Eostar

#10 Bruunwald

Bruunwald

Godlike

• Members
  • 1519 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:38 PM

Wow! That thing's gorgeous!
CreepyTown Miniatures is now on Facebook!
www.creepytownminis.com

#11 sethohman

sethohman

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1931 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:48 PM

It is absolutly gorgeous in person. They had one in the local hobby shop here for a while. Sandra Garrity just happens to be local - never met her, though :(

Mike

Mike

I hope never to be a giraffe named Marius in Denmark.

#12 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 13087 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:51 PM

Skya painted one up, can't recall her website but she is a member here.

Gorgeous work of art of course. Always did like that one, but if I had 200 bucks burning a hole in my pocket & it was only to spend on a hobby item, I think I'd use it for Fine Molds Millennium Falcon model instead, epically now with the way Mag Egos does business as well, hmmmmm.

RM
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#13 StarFyre

StarFyre

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:51 PM

Sorry to resurrect this thread but if anyone is still wanting this, Cool mini has 2 in stock:

http://www.coolminio...ter-dragon.html

#14 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6610 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:47 AM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the resin dragon from Heresy. It's still being cast up for back orders, but it's HUGE.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#15 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4455 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:44 AM

Also on the huge list: http://www.coolminio...tures/cang.html
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users