• Overlords Followers of Khardullis
    • Overlords Onyx Legion
    • Razig
    • Reptus default
    • Reptus Nagendra
    • Reven default
    • Reven Bull Orc
    • Reven Goblin

Geez, Noghra beating out the Default Reven! My bets are that the Tenacious FA will change that for next year :)

No big surprise, Necropolis, Crusaders and Dwarves leading the poll, these have continually been the most popular factions since the game came out.

I was looking at your survey and was surprised at the Army options available. I have a standard Crusader Army that I play and have recently begun work on a Darkspawn Army. Other than the lists in the standard rules, where are these other lists posted? I"ve been asking my local hobby shop about the Darkspawn book and apparently it's not on the radar yet. Do you have any guidance for me on this? Thanks in advance.

I'm A big Razig player, He's where I cut me teeth and he's still my first choice, he's tough to play and I've had my butt handed to me on several occasions. But I get to yell "AAAARRRRRR!!!" at least once a game.

That being said

I love playing Reptus, Tough and solid and they never let you down.

I'm also building a Goblin force, just so I can use my Warlord conversion.

Drkwarur, Unfortunatly with the release of Chronicles 07 (and the soon to be released 08) there won't be anymore armybooks, at least in the foreseeable future.

On the plus side all the new rules and sub factions are available for free!!!

Edited by ladystorm

Thanks Sergei!

I wasn't aware the chronicles were replacing the Faction Books. Now I just have to find where the new rules and lists are posted....Thanks again

Drkwarur, Unfortunatly with the release of Chronicles 07 (and the soon to be released 08) there isn't going to be anymore armybooks, at least in the foreseeable future.

On the plus side all the new rules and sub factions are available for free!!!

I play a lot of dwarfs list, but play both elves and bulls and default reven. I have crusaders, lots of necropolis and lots of mercs but don't play them. The only army I really want to play that I don't is goblins. Maybe if they get a buff in Rage 2008 I will.

Thanks Brushmaster. I took a look at the lists and was really surprised at all of the changes. I'm planning on taking the trip to Origins this year. Any of you planning on playing in the Warlord Tournament??

I play a lot of dwarfs list, but play both elves and bulls and default reven. I have crusaders, lots of necropolis and lots of mercs but don't play them. The only army I really want to play that I don't is goblins. Maybe if they get a buff in Rage 2008 I will.

Interesting...with the exception of Nefsokar, the factions that got books have much higher subfaction counts.

I think a large part of that might be that the factions with Faction Books got their sublists years before the ones who don't have them did. Giving people time to build up the sublist army in addition to the default.

Thanks Brushmaster. I took a look at the lists and was really surprised at all of the changes. I'm planning on taking the trip to Origins this year. Any of you planning on playing in the Warlord Tournament??

Thanks , but it's a wee bit far to travel ....... all the way from Australia . :upside:

Interesting...with the exception of Nefsokar, the factions that got books have much higher subfaction counts.

Truthfully I think it is because the main models used by the Crypt Legion, Army of Justice, and Tomukh are the basic models released with the original Core Rulebook. So in general people started out playing armies that were sub-lists or nearly sub-lists before the sub-lists were released. Onyx Legion is another one that is similar to an original list and sees quite a few people using it. Newer sub-factions require more of an investment to play as they use newer models in much different model counts; you have to make a real effort to put together some of the newer Sub-Factions, whereas many of the old ones all you have to do is leave out some of the models you use in your default list.

I'm currently running a tightly themed Merc Sisters of the Blade army, and a fairly sucky darkspawn army (i havn't invested enough in it yet...please dont beat me...lol). And i'm looking at doing a freelance evil army some time in the near future.

I'm not to fussed with the Sub-lists i'm just taking the default list and looking for tightly themed ways of playing it.

I tend to play Reptus, O'lords Onyx Legion or Razig (generally in that order of preference, tho I've been playing more O'lords lately), but I have enough models that I can play anything I feel like except Reven. I occasionally play Freelance to try out gimmick builds for fun.

~v

I'm not going to participate in the poll. I have the Warlord Book (wich I understand is obsolete) and the Crusaders book but have never actualy played. So it seems I just buy the minis.

If I did activly play, I would play Crusaders, Darkspawn, and Mercinaries in that order.

I did not used to have an interest in Mercinaries till I saw the Merc Sameri. Cool. But wouldn't they be called Ronin?