Sign in to follow this  
Ironworker

A Case for Ray Guns!

Ok I started to elaborate on one of the things I said in another post but then that turned into a rant and I started adding graphics and the whole thing got too big for a post on a message board so I added it to my blog instead. It's not specifically about Chronoscope but I'd like you guys to consider some of my points when you explore some of your futuristic characters. Oh and the last bit may not be entirely work safe depending on where you work. :devil:

A Case for Rayguns

I'll add some wieght to IWs case - there aren't many figures out there that are good for representing the various energy weapons in Traveller - Fusion Guns, Plasma Guns, Lasers, etc.

20080318-rax6wnmasrd65378wmb5j1pb9d.jpg

I got yer case right here. ::): Truth be told, that's really a crate, I know.

But seriously, I have it on good authority that some decent Flash Gordon era ray guns are in the pipe. Things may change in the long run, but signs point to yes. I expect to see a variety of these sorts of things in the form of weapons packs.

IW,

I'm behind you 100% on all of your arguments. Despite all the reasons why portable lasers won't make feasible weapons barring some incredible breakthroughs in technology, ray guns are an integral part of sci-fi.

Voice of dissent here. I love sci fi pulse rifles/ballistic guns and hate laser/ray guns. Laser guns reminds me too much of 60-70s cheesy sci fi. Just a personal opinion though.

Voice of dissent here. I love sci fi pulse rifles/ballistic guns and hate laser/ray guns. Laser guns reminds me too much of 60-70s cheesy sci fi. Just a personal opinion though.

I'd like to say that I like 'em all. Give me an M41a Pulse Rifle or a Photonically Charged Molecular Agitator and Destabilizer any day. ;) it's ALL GOOD.

One correction: bolters are actually gyrojets with a ballistic kicker and using explosive rounds. Since the only gyrojets around turned out to be failures...

Damon.

Ironworker, If it helps, I'd say that this model (Boris) has rayguns.

ChronoA.jpg

And for fans like Madzerker, The UCOR Security trooper and Sergeant (the only picture showing 2 models) have pulse/ballistic type weapons.

Veronica Blaze (the girl) has the more traditional modern handgun, even.

As the Frog says, this line will have all types. That's kind of the design intent of the line - to have everything we can.

Heck, I've even got one of these coming up, and he's not sci-fi!

ChronoC.jpg

That last one is a really nice figure! Release some troopers (modifiable enough to switch out the firearm) and the WH40K Praetorian fans will love you to death...

Damon.

Give me sprue after sprue of easy-to-aquire modern and futuristic guns that don't have a stupid Imperial sigil for me to have to either put up with or file off, and I'm a happy man!