Reaperbryan

Color Charts MSP and RPP

Yeah they are on top of things with that app. Glad I grabbed it. Once I finish this move I need to finish going through and getting my paints in there. Halfway maybe.

• Like 1

Well mostly on top of things!

If you mean missing paints they can only do so much if they are not in possession of said missing paints.  That is understandable but I like how they will post on social media and the like looking for people who can help send swatches of the colors/paints they do not have.

Well mostly on top of things!

If you mean missing paints they can only do so much if they are not in possession of said missing paints.  That is understandable but I like how they will post on social media and the like looking for people who can help send swatches of the colors/paints they do not have.

Well I meant in 2 ways.  They don't support my device AND they don't come close to my paint inventory in their system!  Remind me to show you my spread sheet at ReaperCon!

I have like 7 non Reaper paints so yeah I would not understand the issue. :)  The other issue is easy to fix...you need an android.

I have like 7 non Reaper paints so yeah I would not understand the issue. :) The other issue is easy to fix...you need an android.

No thanks. Don't want to go up in flames! A spreadsheet works everywhere and has every paint on it.

Edited by Harrek

17 hours ago, Highlander said:

How current are the charts? 

The link that says 2016 color chart is up to date.

• Like 1

I know that this has been discussed elsewhere, but perhaps someone would be kind enough to clarify some Reaper paint questions for me.

As I understand it, the MSP series is numbered from 9001 to 9454.  Similarly, the HD series is numbered 29801 to 29854.  These paints can be purchased online and are available.  However, as I look through my collection of Reaper paints, I discover the following. 

- There are some labeled Sample with no numbers nor names.  These seem to be some that were included, helter-skelter, with no order, in boxes that contained my Reaper orders.  I assume that they are handouts for various purposes and are not organized or tracked.

- There are some in a 61xxx series.  I can find no reference to them on the Reaper web site, but I have about 17 of them.  I vaguely remember them being available on the web site in the past and that they could be ordered.  But, apparently, no more.  And they do not appear on a file of current Reaper products.

- There are some labeled Promo in a 96xx series.   I have no idea where these came from; I had about 10 of them. They appear in a file of current Reaper products numbered from 9655 to 9693.  In addition, during Reapercon, I bought a case with 10 holiday colors, not labeled Promo, that fell within this number range.  But they are not available for on-line purchase.

So, is my read correct?  That only the paints listed in the online "Build Your Own Paint Set" are available to order?

1 hour ago, Highlander said:

I know that this has been discussed elsewhere, but perhaps someone would be kind enough to clarify some Reaper paint questions for me.

As I understand it, the MSP series is numbered from 9001 to 9454.  Similarly, the HD series is numbered 29801 to 29854.  These paints can be purchased online and are available.  However, as I look through my collection of Reaper paints, I discover the following. 

- There are some labeled Sample with no numbers nor names.  These seem to be some that were included, helter-skelter, with no order, in boxes that contained my Reaper orders.  I assume that they are handouts for various purposes and are not organized or tracked.

- There are some in a 61xxx series.  I can find no reference to them on the Reaper web site, but I have about 17 of them.  I vaguely remember them being available on the web site in the past and that they could be ordered.  But, apparently, no more.  And they do not appear on a file of current Reaper products.

- There are some labeled Promo in a 96xx series.   I have no idea where these came from; I had about 10 of them. They appear in a file of current Reaper products numbered from 9655 to 9693.  In addition, during Reapercon, I bought a case with 10 holiday colors, not labeled Promo, that fell within this number range.  But they are not available for on-line purchase.

So, is my read correct?  That only the paints listed in the online "Build Your Own Paint Set" are available to order?

Sample colors are experiments in progress, a failed batch of paint or "happy accidents", i.e. anything that isn't an official color, so no color code. Since they're still very serviceable paints, we occasionally get one of these unique colors.

The 61XXX series are from the discontinued Heavy Gear line of colors. 32 licensed colors.

The 96XX colors are the promotional colors as you've figured. These include seasonal specials like the Holiday colors *and* ReaperCon exclusives. Generally limited edition paints, so Reaper doesn't make them very often. Often it has been one batch, and then gone. For example, Carnival Purple, Big Top Red and Drow Nipple Pink are all names that have been dropped now and again.

• Like 1

Thank you for your clarifying reply.  I can now focus on completing my paint collection in the MSP and HD series.  Some great colors, though, in the Heavy Gear and LE series.

You can never have enough colors.

• Like 3

One additional clarification - the 94xx series are actually HD paints, a 54 paint set line marketed as Bones paints. The colours were designed to dovetail nicely into the existing 29xxx HD series. The 94xx includes metallic colours, which the original HD line lacks. All of those lines are MSP. The 9xxx series are called Core and most colours come in triads. The HD lines are single colours that are formulated to be a little more opaque. They all thin down well, mix together well, etc.

• Like 2