• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#46 Harrek

Harrek

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 857 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

Mike's spreadsheet is fabulous.  But I'd still like to see an updated triads list PDF from Reaper with all the current colors post Kickstarter when they catch up on things there!

Heroes delusions, with feet in the grave.

#47 MikeGolfJ3

MikeGolfJ3

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:14 AM

Mike's spreadsheet is fabulous.  But I'd still like to see an updated triads list PDF from Reaper with all the current colors post Kickstarter when they catch up on things there!

Thanks, Harrek!

Or, Reaper could be send me the graphic bits & pieces and I would greatly put the charts and lists together.  (Yes, I truly have a paint fetish :devil: )

Seriously, I volutnteer to do the task.  I just need the "real" swatches and I can put them together based on the online catalog listinngs.

#48 Unruly

Unruly

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 505 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

My guess would be that the swatches shown in the online store are the real ones. It wouldn't make sense to do it otherwise.

#49 MikeGolfJ3

MikeGolfJ3

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

My guess would be that the swatches shown in the online store are the real ones. It wouldn't make sense to do it otherwise.

I am sure the swatches online are as close as can be for displaying on our RGB screens; however, CMYK swatches would be more accurate.

I'm still game if Reaper is. I can work the sets in photoshop and export to a usable format.

#50 Doug Sundseth

Doug Sundseth

Wizard of Wavicles

• Members
  • 4429 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

I am sure the swatches online are as close as can be for displaying on our RGB screens; however, CMYK swatches would be more accurate.

Probably not. CMYK is a very narrow color gamut (much narrower than sRGB) and based on what you can get with four specific translucent colors. When you have more pigments you can usually get a larger gamut. Either Adobe RGB or Prophoto RGB would be better, with a printer that can reproduce as much of that gamut as possible. Since neither of those can be reproduced in a browser, sRGB is probably as good as it gets for online use.

#51 MikeGolfJ3

MikeGolfJ3

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:11 AM

Probably not. CMYK is a very narrow color gamut (much narrower than sRGB) and based on what you can get with four specific translucent colors. When you have more pigments you can usually get a larger gamut. Either Adobe RGB or Prophoto RGB would be better, with a printer that can reproduce as much of that gamut as possible. Since neither of those can be reproduced in a browser, sRGB is probably as good as it gets for online use.[/quote]

Thanks! I hadn't taken that into count.

#52 OneBoot

OneBoot

She of the Singular Footwear

• Bones Supporter
  • 3095 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

Not sure if this helps, but it looks like in the KS pledges, Reaper is including a two-page, very nice handout of all their current paints, arranged by triad.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

"By the raising of my Likes, something OneBoot this way hikes." ~Pingo

"If we represent your standard for normal, I have some bad news." ~buglips*the*goblin

"Love is not blind. It just sees with more than the eyes." ~ShadowRaven

ks_banner_bones_2_core_set.jpg

Painted Bones Tally: 13 ??? out of 247 Awaiting recount
5.26% painted, 100% enjoyed

#53 Talae

Talae

Definitively Indecisive

• Bones Supporter
  • 3656 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

Not sure if this helps, but it looks like in the KS pledges, Reaper is including a two-page, very nice handout of all their current paints, arranged by triad.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

While that graphic is wonderful, I wish that is contained the Kickstarter paints. That being said, I already have plenty of paints on my wish list and adding to that would make me even more broke for even longer.

Talae's WIP Thread of Everything (including My Daughter and her Mad Paint Skills)

Aaaaand Talae ruins the fantasy.

That's his unofficial job around here...  :devil:

#54 MikeGolfJ3

MikeGolfJ3

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:35 AM

If someone will scan and send the Reaper handout, I'll do a check to make sure the chart linked here matches.

#55 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 6769 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

If someone will scan and send the Reaper handout, I'll do a check to make sure the chart linked here matches.

http://www.reapermin...+bones +dropbox

Currently DMing Boldly Into Darkness Go: Down The Murder Hole.

@Last Knight
WHY DID YOU POST THAT?

LK is my hero!

#56 MikeGolfJ3

MikeGolfJ3

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

Thanks, LastKnight
I'll give it a look over and post back

#57 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 6769 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

You're welcome.

Currently DMing Boldly Into Darkness Go: Down The Murder Hole.

@Last Knight
WHY DID YOU POST THAT?

LK is my hero!

#58 CashWiley

CashWiley

Great Old One (With Bow)

• 7404 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

Clearly the solution is for Mike to buy all the paint and make swatches.

Actually, that's on my schedule of stuff to do after I inventory Bones, now that I have the KS paints to fill in their holes. My plan was to make a sheet of sequential swatches but then also do color chips. It's very time-intensive from the small test runs I did. But also very useful, so...

(edit to add that I have most of the current MSP and HS paints, except the modern ones (heavy something?))

Edited by CashWiley, 15 July 2013 - 01:45 PM.

• Last Knight likes this
The Wily Brush: Man vs Paint
Project Index
Proud member of Corporea's Corps, Mocha's Minions and Pixel's Posse
Former member of the CashWiley Fan Club
Posted Image

#59 MikeGolfJ3

MikeGolfJ3

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

Clearly the solution is for Mike to buy all the paint and make swatches.

LOL nice try Cash  :;):

truthful, i have all the colors except for the KS release colors, but i dont have the time to do "real" swatches

#60 maxstyles

maxstyles

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

I printed up a chart with the names of the colors and a space to paint a swatch on some card stock.  Whenever I opened a paint to use, I would fill in the swatch since I had the color open already.  It took a while but it was filled up eventually and its are really handy reference.  One of my best paint jobs ever! ::):

• Pingo, briggart, Last Knight and 1 other like this

Um?  Wait!  What?!?!?!

http://www.maxstylespainting.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users