• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#76 Bonwirn

Bonwirn

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1219 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:53 AM

For those of us who are "shade challenged"...  How would one go about using these charts to order the colors from dark --> light?

It is clearly not by rows and columns... but more like a diagonal amongst the colors.

Paint Club organizer at Boardwalk in Greenville, SC the first Sunday of each month

Avid Hirst Arts (www.hirstarts.com) caster and builder.  Have questions?  Please send me a PM.

#77 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 6694 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:20 AM

For those of us who are "shade challenged"...  How would one go about using these charts to order the colors from dark --> light?

It is clearly not by rows and columns... but more like a diagonal amongst the colors.

Near as I can tell it is by column. Darkest on the bottom, lightest on the top. I'm not quite sure how he determined what color should appear in a given column and I certainly wouldn't use all the colors in a given column as I move up from dark to light. Its just a guideline showing how he feels the colors can be grouped together.

* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war - Shakespeare's Julius Caeser
* Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
* Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, ... - Shakespeare's Henry V
* My two hobby blog; Wargames and Railroads

#78 Harrek

Harrek

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 970 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:34 AM

I don't think it was his intent to help find shades as much as just simply a view of all the colors near similar colors.  I just use them as a reference when I am looking for a color.  Helps me get to the actual bottle to look at.

Heroes delusions, with feet in the grave.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users