• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#91 MikeGolfJ3

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:41 PM

If you are able to make them, I will add them to the swatches.

I can make them. I'll have to see what was new from the last ReaperCon. I will assume the CAV KS paints will be in swatches on the website as they will be production paints. And I don't have them yet (of course) to make swatches anyhow!

I've got all the KickStarters covered from the campaign pages. Just need the special edition swatches.

#92 Harrek

• Bones Supporter
  • 1540 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:39 PM

This may be overkill for a color swatch (or just the right kind of killing?). But I'm almost in the mood to buy myself an X-Rite color checker and take color corrected pictures of all of my paints.

It'll be far from being the whole MSP collection. But it's still several scores of bottles (mostly Bones 1-2, LTPB kit).

That is EXACTLY how I make the swatches.  I have it to profile my photo printers already and use it to do the swatches I paint.

• MikeGolfJ3 likes this

Heroes delusions, with feet in the grave.

#93 MikeGolfJ3

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:20 PM

I know this is near impossible, but I have a couple of samples and want to try to figure out what color they are or are supposed to be.  I know some are "mistakes" but i cannot imagine Anne's "mistakes being that far off the mark.  Any ideas how to make a good "guesstimate".  

#94 Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 7608 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:48 AM

I think that relatively few are true mistakes where a batch of paint was messed up. I believe that most of the samples are actually Anne experimenting with colors as she while she zeros in on a specific color in which case all you can really do is lump it into a general category. I would even hazard to guess that most of the samples are variations of theme colors that didn't quite hit the color that Anne wanted.

* 50 Shades of Alien Greys

* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
* My two hobby blog; Wargames and Railroads

#95 Arc 724

Arc 724

Jedi Inquisitor and wearer of many vests

• House Tabletop
  • 1865 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:02 AM

Would it be possible to get a COLOR family revision? 

Additionally, I the idea of taking the color family tree and putting the ENTIRE thing on one side a 11x17. Would it be possible to get this? I can print 11x17 here at work. :)

• MikeGolfJ3 likes this

||Current Project: Hero Forge 1 & 2 ||                ||Previous Project: Edele of Aelfheim: RBG ||

||To see a full list of my Complete works please visit: Iron Bristle Studios||

House Tabletop

Ludimus Ut Vive

"We Play that we may Live."

#96 MikeGolfJ3

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:00 AM

There have been several asking for this one. I'll work on it in the next few weeks. As far as printing on one 11x17 page, I'm not sure if that would be feasible. Once I get the color families setup, I'll experiment with that. It may not get released until Harrek gets the swatches made (if he has time).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users