#91 MikeGolfJ3

MikeGolfJ3

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:41 PM

Harrek,
If you are able to make them, I will add them to the swatches.

I can make them. I'll have to see what was new from the last ReaperCon. I will assume the CAV KS paints will be in swatches on the website as they will be production paints. And I don't have them yet (of course) to make swatches anyhow!

I've got all the KickStarters covered from the campaign pages. Just need the special edition swatches.
Gracias!

#92 Harrek

Harrek

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1778 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:39 PM

This may be overkill for a color swatch (or just the right kind of killing?). But I'm almost in the mood to buy myself an X-Rite color checker and take color corrected pictures of all of my paints.

It'll be far from being the whole MSP collection. But it's still several scores of bottles (mostly Bones 1-2, LTPB kit).

That is EXACTLY how I make the swatches.  I have it to profile my photo printers already and use it to do the swatches I paint.

• MikeGolfJ3 likes this

Heroes delusions, with feet in the grave.

#93 MikeGolfJ3

MikeGolfJ3

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:20 PM

I know this is near impossible, but I have a couple of samples and want to try to figure out what color they are or are supposed to be.  I know some are "mistakes" but i cannot imagine Anne's "mistakes being that far off the mark.  Any ideas how to make a good "guesstimate".  

#94 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 7950 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:48 AM

I think that relatively few are true mistakes where a batch of paint was messed up. I believe that most of the samples are actually Anne experimenting with colors as she zeros in on a specific color in which case all you can really do is lump it into a general category. I would even hazard to guess that most of the samples are variations of theme colors that didn't quite hit the color that Anne wanted.

Edited by Heisler, 13 April 2016 - 01:09 PM.

* 50 Shades of Alien Greys

* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
* My two hobby blog; Wargames and Railroads

#95 Arc 724

Arc 724

Jedi Inquisitor and wearer of many vests

• House Tabletop
  • 2983 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:02 AM

Would it be possible to get a COLOR family revision? 

Additionally, I the idea of taking the color family tree and putting the ENTIRE thing on one side a 11x17. Would it be possible to get this? I can print 11x17 here at work. :)

• MikeGolfJ3 likes this

|| Current Project: General Drake || Iron Bristle Studios || Arc of Fire ||

House Tabletop

Ludimus Ut Vive

"We Play that we may Live."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You can have a donut but you have to put the entire thing in your mouth and take a selfie" - Ub3r_n3rd

#96 MikeGolfJ3

MikeGolfJ3

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:00 AM

There have been several asking for this one. I'll work on it in the next few weeks. As far as printing on one 11x17 page, I'm not sure if that would be feasible. Once I get the color families setup, I'll experiment with that. It may not get released until Harrek gets the swatches made (if he has time).

#97 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Super Administrators
  • 13793 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:58 AM

added the current HD and Bones swatches to the top post.

• ub3r_n3rd and Harrek like this

bryan@reapermini.com

tabletop.gifTabletop: Head of House tabletop.gif

Ludimus Ut Vive

#98 Harrek

Harrek

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1778 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:48 PM

Bryan, any chance to do a swatch file for the "special" paints?  I realize this is not official and they are not available other than at special times. But it would be cool if it was complete.

And thank you for the update!  As well as the mention to get them to be more accurate as well!  I know it find it easier to reference something like this to get an idea of what color to use, then I can go to my paint case to look at the color first hand.

#99 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Super Administrators
  • 13793 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:56 PM

Bryan, any chance to do a swatch file for the "special" paints?  I realize this is not official and they are not available other than at special times. But it would be cool if it was complete.

And thank you for the update!  As well as the mention to get them to be more accurate as well!  I know it find it easier to reference something like this to get an idea of what color to use, then I can go to my paint case to look at the color first hand.

I have no plan to develop swatches for any of the limited promotional paints. The process is not easy or painless enough for it to be something I wouldn't have to specifically schedule work time for. Neither do I have a good deal of confidence that we would be able to complete every promotional swatch and miss zero.

I made this PDF for internal reasons, and as such limited it to paints that are in production and not licensed (you will note the lack of MSP Heavy Gear swatches - not an intentional slight, but merely unnecessary for the purpose of the document). These promotional swatches do not and would not serve this internal purpose.

• Harrek likes this

bryan@reapermini.com

tabletop.gifTabletop: Head of House tabletop.gif

Ludimus Ut Vive

#100 Harrek

Harrek

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1778 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:58 PM

Thank you for the lightning fast update Bryan.  I understand the business logic completely, but I always like to ask knowing the answer could well be No and am fine with that.  But you don't know unless you ask of course.

#101 Harrek

Harrek

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1778 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:36 PM

Anyone else notice something odd in the latest PDF file?  It's 7 pages.  And the last 2 pages seems to be the Core Swatches repeated again but horizontal instead of vertical and also chopped off on each page?

Edited by Harrek, 22 May 2016 - 05:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users