trooper

How to use the Elves?

As a coming sign of the apocalypse, my wife/CFO has decided that she would like to play Warlord as I am just starting it as well. What I'm looking for for her is ideas on force composition, what spells/items to use, and what tactics to employ. We'll eventually shoot for a 1501 point force.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Brian

A friend came up with the following list during his lunch break. My wife loves animals, so the idea was to try and go without any actual Elves. I'm not sure if a viable list can be done without them. But, here it is. Comments are very welcome and encouraged.

[*]Troop A 637 pts

[*]- Silver Dragon (Warlord) (2539 / $24.99)

[*]- Silvermane, Unicorn (14457 / $12.99 or 2064 / $9.49 or 2151 / $9.49)

[*]- Hunting Cats x4 (14453 / $8.99 each)

[*]- Feary x 4 (14469 / $4.99 each)

[*]- Drys (3154 / $3.99)

[*]

[*]Troop B 74 pts

[*]- Galaroth, Sniper (Unique Solo, proxied with a satyr) (3053 / $5.99)

[*]

[*]Troop C (Satyrs) 241 pts

[*]- Tanwylen, Sergeant (14462 / $5.99)

[*]- Satyr Warriors x4 (14415 / $4.49)

[*]

[*]Troop D (Unique Monster) 107 pts

[*]- Giant Eagle (14086 / $34.99)

[*]Troop E (Unique Monster) 125 pts

[*]- Mossbeard (14209 / $24.99 or 10010 / $19.99)

[*]

[*]Troop F (Mercenaries) 249 pts

[*]- Minotaur Sergeant (3013 / $13.99)

[*]- Minotaur Warrior (2964 / $13.99)

[*]- Minotaur Warrior (14007 / $7.99)

[*]

[*]68 pts left over for spells/equipment. It contains some proxies so ReaperCon and GenCon tournaments might be iffy but for regular play and almost all other tournaments it’s kosher.

[*]

[*]22 models

[*]It’s light on ranged combat, though.

Oops...my inexperience with the game is showing through. Thanks for the warning on the illegal troop.

Cheers,

Brian

Realize also that the Reaper proxy rules are *very* flexible. The only model you cannot proxy at this time is the actual Warlord in an army. Everything else is legal for proxy, even at GenCon and ReaperCon. So, bearing that in mind, you can pick other models and just use the existing Elven datacards for them. You might try using spiders, wolves, boars, elementals, snakes and even the familiar packs for models to use as substitutes. You could probably build a nice woodland protectors list that way.

~v

Swap out the minotaurs and you could get

Chiral

3x centaurs

and would have 15 points left over, and could give Drys 3x divine vigors or 3x cure 1

If the Warlord of the army can't be proxied, how does one field the Silver Dragon for official events? She Who Must Be Appeased really likes the Deathsleep model and wanted to use that for the SD's stunt double.

Thanks for the information about using the stats with different models. That will please her. We're off to the factory store on Friday night so she can pick out figures.

Thanks, again, for the help.

Cheers,

Brian

Thats easy get both :)

Will Deathsleet even fit on a 2 inch base?

I think so, his base is pretty small...I've got him, just haven't assembled yet, but his footprint is actually not too big.

When I play the Woodland furries I put the Unicorn in every troop possible. Not many tracks but if you can keep him in combat a couple rounds he is devistating, especially against the evil guys. Hitting at 6-10 he generally cause 4-6 wounds per round for me.