• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#16 Macharius

Macharius

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:16 AM

Sorry, I have again to ask a question :unsure: :
The default Darkspawn army list is a mixed listed of Elves (Isiri and Corrupt) and Demons ?!
The conclave list is a more or less true demon list ?!
Will there ever a "true" Elves list for the darkspawn ??
Posted Image
It was nice from the Isiri to summon me!
Taltos is a fine feeding place!

#17 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15029 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:19 PM

Who knows what the future holds <shrug>

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#18 shakhak

shakhak

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3076 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:10 AM

Sorry, I have again to ask a question :unsure: :
The default Darkspawn army list is a mixed listed of Elves (Isiri and Corrupt) and Demons ?!
The conclave list is a more or less true demon list ?!
Will there ever a "true" Elves list for the darkspawn ??

I hope they dive deeper into the corrupted elf and especially the Isiri elves in future Darkspawn releases.

I think they can now that their more monstrous races have been expanded on and the Blood Stone Gnomes have been pulled out of the faction.

I know I'd like to see some Isiri adepts. Those scrawny half demon elves just have too much potential to go unnoticed.

A cool RTS from one of the designers of Warlord 2.0 Cairn

CustomKorborlas64.jpgReptus.gifDarkspawn.gif

#19 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6555 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:22 PM

The imps aren't flyers anymore?!?!?
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#20 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15029 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:32 AM

The imps aren't flyers anymore?!?!?

They haven't been since RC2008 came out in April, and during quite a bit of the Beta. They now have Hover, which essentially grants you the movement of a Flyer, but without the protection against melee and ranged attacks of being airborne. Think of them as Flyers-Lite now.

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

#21 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6555 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:57 PM

Well I haven't been playing Warlord, but I still follow the news regarding the Darkspawn army I have. Thanks for the heads up.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#22 rgtriplec

rgtriplec

Godlike

• Members
  • 1921 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:02 AM

So, what is Xeldorian, Tyrant of Darkness? I'm curious what would have the ability to have RA 6.

I read somewhere it was an eye-beast. Don't know anything about eye-beasts. Why would they have six RAs? I looked at DHL models: Conjuctivus and Eyebeast, but they offer me little help in understanding?
It's Dwarfs not Dwarves. 1500+ Warlord Armies: Dwarfs, Elves, Mercs, Reven, Goblins, Lupines, Sisters, "To be is to do"-Socrates "To do is to be"-Sartre "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da" - Sting "Scooby Dooby Do"-Scooby Do "Yaba Daba Doo"-Fred Flintstone

#23 bluethunder

bluethunder

Enlightened

• Black Lightning
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:25 PM

My understanding is that he is like a beholder from D&D. Each eye stalk fires a magical beam attack. The high RA# seems most suitable to simulating that ability.

Edited by bluethunder, 28 December 2008 - 02:25 PM.

#24 rgtriplec

rgtriplec

Godlike

• Members
  • 1921 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:24 PM

I wonder who is going to sculpt it? I'd like to see Jason Wiebe do it. I like his monsters.
It's Dwarfs not Dwarves. 1500+ Warlord Armies: Dwarfs, Elves, Mercs, Reven, Goblins, Lupines, Sisters, "To be is to do"-Socrates "To do is to be"-Sartre "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da" - Sting "Scooby Dooby Do"-Scooby Do "Yaba Daba Doo"-Fred Flintstone

#25 bluethunder

bluethunder

Enlightened

• Black Lightning
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:44 AM

A buddy of mine uses the old DHL eye beast. It looks pretty good to me as is.

#26 rgtriplec

rgtriplec

Godlike

• Members
  • 1921 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:31 AM

I was looking through the Darkspawn models. I take it its demons, elves and some kind of hybrids. Which models are elves? And that not counting things with pinchers and claws...

So are these the only "traditional" drow or dark elves?

Witch Queen
Javolith
Vysa
Nasithe
Thuusia, Pain Mage
Aundine
Isiri Paintender

#27 shakhak

shakhak

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3076 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:00 PM

I don't think any of the Isiri are traditional Drow or Dark Elf. The Isiri are elves of various types that have been crossed with demons.

Think Elven Tieflings, whose demonic heritage is not only embraced, but twisted and manipulated by rituals. So you get claws on some, horns on others, and with the right ritual you get the Burrowing Spawn or Soul Tender.

The Witch Queen and Aundine are Corrupted Elves. Born as full blood elves, then drawn to the darkspawn.

A cool RTS from one of the designers of Warlord 2.0 Cairn

CustomKorborlas64.jpgReptus.gifDarkspawn.gif

#28 bluethunder

bluethunder

Enlightened

• Black Lightning
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:20 AM

I agree, but they DO have "driders" and they look sweet in a very "drowish" way. :lol:::P:

#29 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15029 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:37 AM

A new, second edition post has been pinned, and now, this thread shall come to a close.

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543

- Argentee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users