Koborlas

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15029 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:24 PM

Welcome to the land of offically pinned Factions Korborlas. The moon is full. It's a perfect night to hunt. Summon the pack and let's see what kind of game we can bring down. Let their blood freeze in their veins as they hear our howls echo through the night.

There are not a lot of historical posts, but see below for some linkage:
Koborlas, Lupine Faction

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#2 spiritual_exorcist

spiritual_exorcist

Godlike

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:16 PM

I've been looking around a bit at various minis, stumbled across these which seem like they might make excellent Feral Pups: http://www.crocodile...ems/WGE-322.jpg

Granted at DV 8 and 44 pups I doubt anyone will ever field a Lupine Pup anyway, but you never know!
There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone for any reason other than sticking a dog's skull on a stake.

#3 Brushmaster

Brushmaster

Deity of Brushlicking and Drybrushing

• Black Lightning
  • 3683 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:34 PM

I've been looking around a bit at various minis, stumbled across these which seem like they might make excellent Feral Pups: http://www.crocodile...ems/WGE-322.jpg

Granted at DV 8 and 44 pups I doubt anyone will ever field a Lupine Pup anyway, but you never know!

Meh ! Hate those figures . ::P:
Just remember - Your weapons are made by the lowest bidder!!

"The fortunes of war are always doubtful" - Seneca

Law of Tactical Unreliability
Tactical geniuses aren't....

Posted Image

#4 spiritual_exorcist

spiritual_exorcist

Godlike

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:47 PM

Well ugly figures for an ugly datacard! ::D: I like them a lot.
There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone for any reason other than sticking a dog's skull on a stake.

#5 shakhak

shakhak

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3076 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:43 PM

I know the datacard for Feral Pups only lists a single model, but since it's an adept we can freely take advantage of the proxy rules and end up with with a mixed number of soldiers that have similar but different sculpts just from the DHL line.
I suggest:
02872: Male Were Wolf
02863: Female Werewolf
02747: Jean Paul Werewolf
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The low DV does suck. Luckily everything else in the army has a large base and can block LOS to the little guys.

I recommend using them in pairs for any troop. Attack the opponents strong hero or leader with these and a more expensive model. They'll give you the support bonus and I find the opponent using defensive strikes on the model that is harder to hit while he still has the larger mav.
Using Frenzy is optional. On the big guys they sometimes need a 10 even with support, so the 3 extra attacks they get by Frenzy can be handy.

My biggest problem with them is that I like the Wolves better. Disable when using the same tactic I described above is flat out awesome. I'll happily give up a #MA for an opponent to lose one of his.

A cool RTS from one of the designers of Warlord 2.0 Cairn

CustomKorborlas64.jpgReptus.gifDarkspawn.gif

#6 spiritual_exorcist

spiritual_exorcist

Godlike

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:58 AM

I agree, I might consider the Pups a little more viable if the Wolves weren't there, but as it stand the Wolves are a much better unit point for point.

#7 Stubbdog

Stubbdog

Obssessive Over-Analyzer

• Bones Supporter
  • 6979 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:12 AM

Here is a quick idea:

Troop 1:
Istvan
2x line breakers
3x feral lupines
3x wild wolves

Troop 2:
Female slayer Cpt
Corm (holy symbol, cure 4, 2x cure 2)
3x slayers
3x wild wolves

Troop 3:
Female Slayer cpt
4x wild wolves

Luckstone
---------------------------------------
3 troops, 4 cards, 22 models, 1499 points

wild wolves disable lowers the DIS value of their targets as well as their MAs, which they can either use by themselves, or they can use to help lower the chances of an enemy passing the slayer's shock charges.

No secret as to tactic, take advantage of disable as much as possible to attack things and not let them attack back to be able to compete against the larger number of models they will be facing.

#8 spiritual_exorcist

spiritual_exorcist

Godlike

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 02:18 AM

I have to admit I think the discipline penalty is often overlooked with regard to Disable.

Distract + Shock looks like a very viable option.

If a shock and Disable mode both based a defender at the same time I would question the sequence of play and whether or the Shock roll was made prior to the Distract taking effect. It seems tough to determine based strictly on the wordings of both SA.

Disable takes place before the current combat (according the FAQ), so I'd guess that it would indeed affect the Discipline roll for a Shock model that charges at the same time as that discipline rolls looks to be part of the combat...maybe? Seems like a wildly powerful combo though. Would be nice to get this officially clarified but I think as it reads it would work.

Attention Crusaders, if this does hold true a troop of War Dogs + Lion Lancer's would be seriously nasty!

Still waiting for someone (anyone) to post a viable 1000 point Koborlas list?

#9 rgtriplec

rgtriplec

Godlike

• Members
  • 1921 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:11 AM

Still waiting for someone (anyone) to post a viable 1000 point Koborlas list?

I had given a list during pre-beta testing that had cubs, gnats(turned little people-halflings, bsg, goblins) and wolves that were all 2 and three track models, I also suggested a sub-culture within the lupines of druids that were Bull Ork size and a giant based solo that was a turned ogre. The SAs were mostly Warmaster, leap, fs andbackstab on the druids. It was designed to hopefully lower the cost of a force making them more fieldable. But I think the current list was already pretty far under way at that point.

I think at this point any new model they get will have to be pretty cheap. I guess it would be a way to work some kind of half turned on standard bases into the game.

The SA was called the Howling, it was a mercy type thing but different where yoiu could turn a stunned model into a Rager on its last track.
It's Dwarfs not Dwarves. 1500+ Warlord Armies: Dwarfs, Elves, Mercs, Reven, Goblins, Lupines, Sisters, "To be is to do"-Socrates "To do is to be"-Sartre "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da" - Sting "Scooby Dooby Do"-Scooby Do "Yaba Daba Doo"-Fred Flintstone

#10 spiritual_exorcist

spiritual_exorcist

Godlike

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:05 AM

I'm not sure I see Lupines as traditional Werewolves though, infecting people through the countryside as they go, more like natural shapeshifters.

I suppose the typical Highlanderish Clansman would be right at home amongst them, perhaps not every member of the clan is blessed the the shape shifting gift, which would open the door for a few human models to bolster their ranks.

#11 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15029 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:01 AM

Attention Crusaders, if this does hold true a troop of War Dogs + Lion Lancer's would be seriously nasty!

Yes, yes it is. :devil:

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#12 shakhak

shakhak

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3076 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:30 AM

Possibly the best miniature Reaper has ever produced:

Posted Image

A cool RTS from one of the designers of Warlord 2.0 Cairn

CustomKorborlas64.jpgReptus.gifDarkspawn.gif

#13 rgtriplec

rgtriplec

Godlike

• Members
  • 1921 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:17 PM

Possibly the best miniature Reaper has ever produced:

That saying a lot, but I'll give you that it is the best Werewolf model.
It's Dwarfs not Dwarves. 1500+ Warlord Armies: Dwarfs, Elves, Mercs, Reven, Goblins, Lupines, Sisters, "To be is to do"-Socrates "To do is to be"-Sartre "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da" - Sting "Scooby Dooby Do"-Scooby Do "Yaba Daba Doo"-Fred Flintstone

#14 WolfLord

WolfLord

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:49 PM

I just saw the figures for Aislynn and the Lupine Sentry and I think that Aislynn look really cool. The Sentry looks interesting, but the positioning of his right foot bothers me. The way it's curled under doesn't look right to me. Maybe I just need to see it up close, like I do Kainus. He looks pretty cool too, but in the picture it looks like his lower jaw is metal and there's something about his head in general that's throwing me off.
WolfLord

"Expect me when you see me."

#15 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6555 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:59 PM

They are magnificent sculpts, but I can't get into the concept of dog or wolf people. Our GM has removed them from his game universe from too many jokes about them eating other animals' feces. Shame, really.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users