• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#16 shakhak

shakhak

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3076 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:08 PM

They are magnificent sculpts, but I can't get into the concept of dog or wolf people. Our GM has removed them from his game universe from too many jokes about them eating other animals' feces. Shame, really.

Reintroduce them, but set the mood by them eating cute cuddly animals. But instead of animals like rabbits go for something like Gnomes.

I'm super pumped to see these models come out so fast. The only thing left is the Hero elite.

If the faction is ever expanded more what would you guys like to see?

A cool RTS from one of the designers of Warlord 2.0 Cairn

CustomKorborlas64.jpgReptus.gifDarkspawn.gif

#17 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6424 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:16 PM

I will say that between Reaper's Lupines and Rackham's Wolfen, you can really assemble a cool army of these critters. I traded some Wolfen for painting services to a friend who did just this. They actually look pretty cool together, but this was before Reaper started really fleshing out the line.

I'd love to see this faction, and while we're at it, all of the Warlord armies, statted out for Chronopia.

Glad you're getting your sculpts.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#18 bluethunder

bluethunder

Enlightened

• Black Lightning
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:26 AM

I am also really loving the new sculps for the Koborlas. Wile I too have substituted many of Rackham's Wolfen in my army, I cant wait to have all official sculpts.

#19 rgtriplec

rgtriplec

Godlike

• Members
  • 1921 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:07 AM

I have 10 Wolfen models to use for anything large, and 4 DHL goblin wolves and 3 Reven Beastriders to use as Wildwolves and tons of standard based stuff for pups.

So, what would be a good list for 1500, I'm not into casting or range.

Thanks
It's Dwarfs not Dwarves. 1500+ Warlord Armies: Dwarfs, Elves, Mercs, Reven, Goblins, Lupines, Sisters, "To be is to do"-Socrates "To do is to be"-Sartre "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da" - Sting "Scooby Dooby Do"-Scooby Do "Yaba Daba Doo"-Fred Flintstone

#20 bluethunder

bluethunder

Enlightened

• Black Lightning
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:50 PM

Slayers are definitly a must plus 2 line breakers. I also usually mix in feral pups, wild wolves and moor hounds. I use Aislinn, and Vasyl, but Corm is a tak it or leave it kind of thing.

#21 bluethunder

bluethunder

Enlightened

• Black Lightning
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:08 PM

I am totally stoked!!! All the models are out for the wulfys! No more proxy models!!!! ::P:

Edited by bluethunder, 18 February 2009 - 03:08 PM.

#22 Sir Drake

Sir Drake

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:53 PM

Are the Koborlas going to be part of the Savage North?

Are they going to be available for open Beta testing anytime soon.

A friend of mine really wants to get into warlord, but wants to run the wolves, so doesn't want to start till they are available.

#23 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14520 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:07 PM

Are the Koborlas going to be part of the Savage North?

Are they going to be available for open Beta testing anytime soon.

A friend of mine really wants to get into Warlord, but wants to run the wolves, so doesn't want to start till they are available.

1) Yes, most definitely

2) I know that they are in closed beta at this time. No idea how soon it will be before a more open beta will made available. Gus will likely chime in with more information on this.

3) Have him start, but use his wolves as proxies with another army for the time being. Reven Bull Orc Berzerkers and Ogres Beastriders would probably be a good alternative data card in the interim so he can learn the rules.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#24 Gus Landt

Gus Landt

Godlike

• Members
  • 5087 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 05:33 PM

Yep, they will be in Savage North. I will be posting next week asking for playtest groups for a number of Savage North factions, Koborlas included. ::):
“There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way” - C.S. Lewis "I'm not sure God wants us to be happy. I think he wants us to love, and be loved. But we are like children, thinking our toys will make us happy and the whole world is our nursery. Something must drive us out of that nursery and into the lives of others, and that something is suffering." - C.S. Lewis

#25 Sharky

Sharky

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:25 AM

My Dwarves and their Giant Slayer doctrine luuuvvves fighting the Woofs. ;)
"Those who say there's nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves never had real tea.
It's like a syringe of adrenalin straight to the heart..."

"And I'll scrap anytime you say..." - Alex "DeLarge"

#26 Sir Drake

Sir Drake

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:53 AM

Gus,

Me and my friend Matt would love to join in play testing the Korborlas. Put us on the list.

#27 WildFerret

WildFerret

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:39 AM

I am the Matt Sir Drake speaks of :) Incase you needed an account to associate with it :)

#28 Stubbdog

Stubbdog

Obssessive Over-Analyzer

• Bones Supporter
  • 6979 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:34 PM

Drake and Ferret,

The first thing i see is...

You are local... and yet you dont come game with us?

Be there tonight... Reaper HQ starting around 6:30pm...

We gather every Friday night.

Actually I love the idea of people helping to spread the wod by playing in different local stores. But, at the same time playtesting in public is a little different. So, yep, come up to Reaper HQ and join the test gang.

#29 WildFerret

WildFerret

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:48 PM

yeah mainly local... I used to come up there and paint on Saturdays but life got in the way... haven't really gamed in like2 months... stupid life... someone... kill it.

tonight eh? I will try to make it up there tonight. How late do you guys play normally?

#30 Sir Drake

Sir Drake

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:52 PM

Not sure I'd consider an almost hour drive local. Which is why I was kind of hoping to start some warlord on another night down in Grapevine. Still a long drive, but can make it 30-40 mins.

I'll try and get up there some Friday's. But not tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users