Nefsokar

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15029 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:20 AM

Welcome back for another year. Beloved of Sokar, infidels have once again disturbed the final rest of your ancestors. These crimes against our people shall not go unpunished. For every tomb desecrated, for every coin stolen, we shall exact a terrible price in blood. Fear not what faces you, these crimes have woken Sokar from his deep slumber, and he shall ride at your side.

For historical references, feel free to view past Faction discussion threads:
Nefsokar 2007
Sokar is Near 1.2
Mehet Hesep

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#2 merlonc

merlonc

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:04 PM

I have finally decided on my next warlord army and it will be a Nefsokar people of the wind army. My other army is Elves.

To get started quicker I traded bitz at reaper con for a Senet, Ibrahim, Atifa, 4 raiders, 2 mounted archers and 3 lancers. I will fill in the rest with mercenaries and proxy a Sokars Avatar to start with.

Any suggestions for people of the wind?
To the everlasting glory of the Infantry

#3 rgtriplec

rgtriplec

Godlike

• Members
  • 1921 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:08 AM

I have finally decided on my next warlord army and it will be a Nefsokar people of the wind army. My other army is Elves.

To get started quicker I traded bitz at reaper con for a Senet, Ibrahim, Atifa, 4 raiders, 2 mounted archers and 3 lancers. I will fill in the rest with mercenaries and proxy a Sokars Avatar to start with.

Any suggestions for people of the wind?

Since you look to be going all cav, take the dust devil and scorpion too, because they can keep up with your riders. If you take mercs, the best choice would probably be Shadow Sisters because they move 7 and have ranger. I think you probably chose one of the hardest armies to win with, because cav is so expensive and harder to defend. Take advantage of your delay and mob the weakest flank of your enemy with everything you have. Hopefully you will crush that side in time for your khasim grunts and/or sisters to catch up. Cav models are vunerable because they are easier to base, so getting your standard based grunts in there as fast as possible to support them, after yur initally charge, is vital.

Fatima and Tariq are spies so they are important in this army because your whole FA is based around deployment. With your spies you can hopefully deploy your strong units after your opponent... placing them on his weak side.

Fatima becomes even more important because she can cast Hold and slow, while you single out your opponents weakest flank.
It's Dwarfs not Dwarves. 1500+ Warlord Armies: Dwarfs, Elves, Mercs, Reven, Goblins, Lupines, Sisters, "To be is to do"-Socrates "To do is to be"-Sartre "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da" - Sting "Scooby Dooby Do"-Scooby Do "Yaba Daba Doo"-Fred Flintstone

#4 jdripley

jdripley

Compulsive Forum-goer

• Members
  • 1184 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:44 AM

The Glory of Sokar will rise again, as sure as the Dawn and as full of strength as the noon-day heat!

Here's a 1501 force with a few variations:

Troop 1:
Neb'nesew Ne'pet, 3x Awakened Mummies
Troop 2:
Tariq, 3x Tomb Guards, 3x Ammat Devourers
Troop 3:
Mi-Sher, 3x Anubis Guards
Troop 4:
Anwar, 2x Raiders, 2x Lancers
Troop 5:
Giant Scorpion
Troop 6:
Sokar's Avatar! (you need to put the exclamation point because yes, it is that awesome)

That leaves 90 points to fill in 1501 (or 89 if you want to play 1500 even). Here are some "kits" I cooked up. I like that you can take the same list and swap out spell/gear kits for a different feel in the list.

Kit 1:
Felling of the Firstborn, Teleport, Cure/2
Kit 2:
6x Cure/2
Kit 3:
Part Death's River, 2x Cure/2, Blessing
Kit 4:
Sokar's Presence (on the Avatar of course), 2x Cure/2, 2x Cure/1

If you weren't into spells as much as I am, you could lose 51 points worth of spells and take Khufu instead of Neb'nesew Ne'pet. If I were to do that I'd put Khufu in charge of Tariq's squad, and give Neb'nesew Ne'pet's squad to Tariq.

What do you guys think?? Sweet list, huh?

My basic plan is to use Anwar's troop to range way around in hopes of turning the flank and getting a charge on the rear of the enemy. Tariq will bring his adepts straight up the middle, supported directly by the Avatar. Mi'Sher will keep her Anubis Guards in reserve, hoping to engage a weak spot with the Guard's high MAV value and quick speed. Neb'nesew Ne'pet will lead from the back, supporting with whatever spells he has. The Giant Scorpion will use its burrow ability to go wherever it so pleases and to sow fear and terror wherever its spiney visage appears.

Spell strategy...
With Kit 1, it's a more or less straight forward game. Use the above "default" strategy, and right before the charge use Felling of the First Born to weaken the enemy ranks. I haven't decided if I think it's cooler to knock tough targets down a peg, or if it's awesome to rip into the soldiers you'll charge, giving you plenty of initial momentum.

With Kit 2, it's even simpler. Just use Neb to keep key models alive and kicking! No doubt the Avatar will require healing, as it's such a key model.

With Kit 3, the plan stays the same except that you cluster all of the standard based models and the Avatar around Neb, and advance in the cluster, then use Parting Death's River to surge forward 18 inches and bring your entire army to bear against one area of the enemy army. Very cool spell. Then, ideally, you support with Neb very directly so you can make use of his Bless spell the turn after the surge.

With Kit 4, you essentially do the same but rely on the Avatar to provide the MAT buff, and Neb takes a smaller role with his Cure spells.

Well, that's plenty to think about! I hope this army list and associated strategizing has turned the crank of your imagination and gets you fired up about the Nefsokar army!
Jim Ripley

#5 wildbill

wildbill

Tulsa Warlord Gawd

• T-Town Crew
  • 3173 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:13 AM

Here's a fun 1,500 point army to try:

Neb'nesew Ne'pet + Holy Symbol + Felling of the Firstborn (x1) + Hold (x1) + Cure2 (x1)
6 Ammat Devourers
Musician

Nakhti
Fatima + Holy Symbol + Part Death's River (x1) + Hold (x1)
6 Tomb Guard
Musician

Luck Stone

Totals: 1,500 Points, 17 Models, 4 Troops, 5 Init Cards, 1 Spy

No, there are not a lot of models in this army. But every model is really tough to take out and each one can dish out a lot of pain. Assuming that your opponent doesn't have a mage sitting over there ready to blast you with a Firestorm or something, attempt to keep your army as close knit as terrain will allow. Chances are high that you will be outnumbered, so spreading out and allowing them to pick you off that way is bad. Take advantage of your badassness by staying tight. Then when they close together to get into melee, WHAM! Nail them with a Hold and move in for the kill!! :devil:

If you opponent is fielding a mage (or even 2), then you'll have to spread out to avoid the AOE spells yourself. But, hopefully they won't have too many more models than yourself due to the mage factor. So, you should be able to hold your own. ::):

Wild Bill :blues:

"Chuck Norris and Mr. T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building."

My Indian name is "Runs With Beer".

#6 bluethunder

bluethunder

Enlightened

• Black Lightning
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:57 PM

I think I see targets for my archers on a hill. ::P:

#7 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15029 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:18 AM

A new, second edition post has been pinned, and now, this thread shall come to a close.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users