Qwyksilver

Razig's Revenge

35 posts in this topic

Welcome back for another year. Land ho maties! Prepare the long boats we're going ashore. I know yer out there laddie and I'm coming for ye. Vile, wretched scurvy dog! Think to come after me treasure boy? Yer only prayer is that the boys get you before I do. Then you've all eternity to spend at the oars. I'll work you til yer skin and bones, and then nothing but bones, just like the rest of me boys.

For historical reference, feel free to view the past Faction discussions:

Razig's Revenge 2007

The Dark Maiden 1.2

Avast Ye, Scurvy Dog!

Wow! I'm shocked at how emty it is in here. I think I here the echo in side Razigs head. Has any one tried playing the new models like the crab or the wereshark?

My crab isn't even assembled, let alone painted. At least I got that far with the wereshark. Sadly, I've played no games with Razig in a long time; I've been tied up testing out other armies and combinations. I'd be interested to see how people have fared with Razig in RC08.

~v

Sethohman has played them, but he's been out of the country for several months. He's back now and we are looking at getting in a game. I think he wants to try useing the crab, so we'll see how that turns out.

I've got Scuttle Bones assembled but not painted. I also haven't played him yet but there is going to be a Mega battle at ORIGINS and I might use him there.

Crabby is a beautiful model BTW

Razig faction looks the coolest.

Are there some rules that make it less active than other factions?

Nefsokar is my next favorite.

Related to Warlord 2.0, Razig is still in closed play testing. So, it is probably less active at the moment since it is not officially out yet for this release of WL.

Any news on when Razig may have an official list? I would like to play at GenCon, but Razig is the only faction I own.

Any news on when Razig may have an official list? I would like to play at GenCon, but Razig is the only faction I own.

No date yet, but Razig will have a playable list in time for GenCon!

If you don't have access to the playtest razig stats, send me an email (gus@reapermini.com) and I'll send it to you. ::):

A pdf download of the final public beta for the Razig doctrines has been added to the downloads page:

Downloads Page

This pdf is tournament legal until the final pdf is available.

Sethoman, what kind of list are you looking at for Razig at Gen Con?

Not sure - I am having trouble coming up with something I think can compete. I may end up borrowing an army, but would rather bring my own.

I was thinking Dark Maiden with crows / scurvey dog / crewman, cannon, Willy w/ 5 marines, sharkboy, blackknife w/ crew. Or something along those lines. Not much has movement in the list, and any scenario that requires getting across the table kind of sucks. Most of the models are pretty fragile, too, IMO.

I own:

Razig

3 cannon

dark maiden

about 20 crewmen

3 harpooners

clarissa

scurvey dog

sharkboy

murder of crows

crows nest willy

5 marines

grim pete

8 dire rats / rat swarms

blackknife

The Salty Sabres and Zombie Recruits are must haves in almost any Razig list I take.

Followed closely by scuttlebones.