Razig's Revenge

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14210 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:37 PM

Welcome back for another year. Land ho maties! Prepare the long boats we're going ashore. I know yer out there laddie and I'm coming for ye. Vile, wretched scurvy dog! Think to come after me treasure boy? Yer only prayer is that the boys get you before I do. Then you've all eternity to spend at the oars. I'll work you til yer skin and bones, and then nothing but bones, just like the rest of me boys.

For historical reference, feel free to view the past Faction discussions:
Razig's Revenge 2007
The Dark Maiden 1.2
Avast Ye, Scurvy Dog!

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#2 bluethunder

bluethunder

Enlightened

• Black Lightning
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:06 PM

Wow! I'm shocked at how emty it is in here. I think I here the echo in side Razigs head. Has any one tried playing the new models like the crab or the wereshark?

#3 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5879 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:15 AM

My crab isn't even assembled, let alone painted. At least I got that far with the wereshark. Sadly, I've played no games with Razig in a long time; I've been tied up testing out other armies and combinations. I'd be interested to see how people have fared with Razig in RC08.

~v

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

#4 bluethunder

bluethunder

Enlightened

• Black Lightning
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:17 AM

Sethohman has played them, but he's been out of the country for several months. He's back now and we are looking at getting in a game. I think he wants to try useing the crab, so we'll see how that turns out.

#5 Sergei

Sergei

Godlike

• Black Lightning
  • 1007 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:04 PM

I've got Scuttle Bones assembled but not painted. I also haven't played him yet but there is going to be a Mega battle at ORIGINS and I might use him there.

I let my dice speak for me

Remember to keep safety first.....or at least in the top five

Pray to god, but row for shore.-Russian proverb

#6 Sergei

Sergei

Godlike

• Black Lightning
  • 1007 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:05 PM

Crabby is a beautiful model BTW

I let my dice speak for me

Remember to keep safety first.....or at least in the top five

Pray to god, but row for shore.-Russian proverb

#7 Lastman

Lastman

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:26 PM

Razig faction looks the coolest.

Are there some rules that make it less active than other factions?

Nefsokar is my next favorite.

#8 Stubbdog

Stubbdog

Obssessive Over-Analyzer

• Bones Supporter
  • 6979 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:39 PM

Related to Warlord 2.0, Razig is still in closed play testing. So, it is probably less active at the moment since it is not officially out yet for this release of WL.

#9 sethohman

sethohman

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1793 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:23 PM

Any news on when Razig may have an official list? I would like to play at GenCon, but Razig is the only faction I own.

Mike

I hope never to be a giraffe named Marius in Denmark.

#10 Gus Landt

Gus Landt

Godlike

• Members
  • 5087 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:01 PM

Any news on when Razig may have an official list? I would like to play at GenCon, but Razig is the only faction I own.

No date yet, but Razig will have a playable list in time for GenCon!
If you don't have access to the playtest razig stats, send me an email (gus@reapermini.com) and I'll send it to you. ::):
“There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way” - C.S. Lewis "I'm not sure God wants us to be happy. I think he wants us to love, and be loved. But we are like children, thinking our toys will make us happy and the whole world is our nursery. Something must drive us out of that nursery and into the lives of others, and that something is suffering." - C.S. Lewis

#11 Gus Landt

Gus Landt

Godlike

• Members
  • 5087 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:58 PM

A pdf download of the final public beta for the Razig doctrines has been added to the downloads page:
Downloads Page

This pdf is tournament legal until the final pdf is available.
“There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way” - C.S. Lewis "I'm not sure God wants us to be happy. I think he wants us to love, and be loved. But we are like children, thinking our toys will make us happy and the whole world is our nursery. Something must drive us out of that nursery and into the lives of others, and that something is suffering." - C.S. Lewis

#12 shakhak

shakhak

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3076 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:28 AM

Sethoman, what kind of list are you looking at for Razig at Gen Con?

A cool RTS from one of the designers of Warlord 2.0 Cairn

CustomKorborlas64.jpgReptus.gifDarkspawn.gif

#13 sethohman

sethohman

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1793 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:38 PM

Not sure - I am having trouble coming up with something I think can compete. I may end up borrowing an army, but would rather bring my own.

I was thinking Dark Maiden with crows / scurvey dog / crewman, cannon, Willy w/ 5 marines, sharkboy, blackknife w/ crew. Or something along those lines. Not much has movement in the list, and any scenario that requires getting across the table kind of sucks. Most of the models are pretty fragile, too, IMO.

I own:
Razig
3 cannon
dark maiden
about 20 crewmen
3 harpooners
clarissa
scurvey dog
sharkboy
murder of crows
crows nest willy
5 marines
grim pete
8 dire rats / rat swarms
blackknife

Mike

I hope never to be a giraffe named Marius in Denmark.

#14 Prophet

Prophet

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:44 PM

Sounds and looks like a pretty good list.
Check out my blog '7+ Ward Save'
http://7upwardsave.blogspot.com/

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

My current auctions

PM me about my Warlord minis for sale.

#15 Stubbdog

Stubbdog

Obssessive Over-Analyzer

• Bones Supporter
  • 6979 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:03 PM

The Salty Sabres and Zombie Recruits are must haves in almost any Razig list I take.
Followed closely by scuttlebones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users