• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 ReaperClark

ReaperClark

What Miniatures Should Look Like

• Bones Supporter
  • 542 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:42 PM

I think some folks out there think that when make our three month solicitation, that we actually have the models in hand.

So, let me tell you a bit about it...

The 3 month solicitation is only an outline of a goal and an estimated price for what is to come.

For instance, the Warlord Hydra, which was solicited in November, is going out in the batch after the one that ships out this week, or the second release in May.

That's right, I said the Hydra, of which pictures are coming soon, I will make Bryan get some photos up Monday or Tuesday (as soon as all the parts are all in metal).

We should be making molds for the second release of May on Monday the 28th for casting to begin the following Monday after that. Enough models are in now, as of yesterday, for a full release of 10 models.

As soon as I get all of the data about these pieces we will create the actual pricing and begin the paperwork process of putting them in your hands. Once this is done, we will send out a new release solicitation (probably the 28th or 29th) for what is shipping next (May 9th), to which the distributors will send us ordering quantities. Then we will cast, package and ship these models finishing on the 9th for a release day from distribution of the the 19th. So, the Warlord Hydra will be in your hands shortly after May 19th or right after Reaper Con. [So, what should you be able to pick up while you are here at Reaper Con? <Music from Jeopardy> That's right, the Hydra!]

We have all 8 of the first Chronoscope models and all but one Chronoscope model made into metal masters so Chronoscope is almost ready for June (however, now we have to wait for the blister cards to show up on time). So the first release for June should and might contain the Chronoscope models plus a few others. That gives us time to get more models in for the second half of June. If the cards are not here in time, then they will go out in the later half of June and other models for June will be lined up for the first half. So, what might be ready for Reaper Con, regardless of the cards being here? <More Jeopardy music>

It is a constant juggling act to fill in releases. We squeeze in models that didn't make it from previous weeks/months, like the hydra, where we can.

So, bottom line is that sometimes we don't know what a piece will actually look like until it arrives and sometimes that is very much at the last minute.
Matt Clark Production Director Reaper Miniatures

#2 Stubbdog

Stubbdog

Obssessive Over-Analyzer

• Bones Supporter
  • 6979 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:19 PM

Thank you sir for the run down.

And of course the tease too.

#3 mattmcl

mattmcl

Godlike

• Black Lightning
  • 1487 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:03 PM

OK... but what about the Pro Paints? :poke:

#4 Castlebuilder

Castlebuilder

The Dungeon Builder

• Bones Supporter
  • 2020 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:28 PM

I've learned to watch Game Trade Magazine. If it's advertised in Game Trade, Reaper will most likely have it out as advertised. At the local shop, there are several of us who will pretty much stop all conversation when we see a new Game Trade sitting somewhere. After the shuffling of pages, the conversation starts back up again, usually about what Reaper is releasing.

Castlebuilder
"I forgot about the gods and spun my own bright fate, while at the root of life the three spinners laughed." Bernard Cornwell, Lords of the North

#5 outek

outek

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:40 PM

Thanks for the information.

As Castlebuilder said about the Game Trade, it's a case of (in Homer Simpson's doughnut voice) "shiny metal" syndrome ::P: ; just without the actual metal. :down: ::D:
Mansfield Bears Terraforming Division: Building a better world so you can destroy it.

#6 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5884 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:06 PM

Can we get a pin in this thread? Or the info added to the FAQ or something? Good info, and I'd hate to see it get buried.

~v

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

#7 ReaperClark

ReaperClark

What Miniatures Should Look Like

• Bones Supporter
  • 542 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:10 PM

OK... but what about the Pro Paints? :poke:

We are feverishly pumping away at this and will have it to distribution within a week or two.
Matt Clark Production Director Reaper Miniatures

#8 NickT

NickT

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:44 AM

We appreciate you letting us know, and putting up with all beggings and pleading and 'I'll be your best friend's...

"...Personally, I blame Doombunny."

My humble art site: http://nickt.deviantart.com
Freelance Art Comissions Availible

www.arcticon.webs.com
Plays: CAV2; playtest C:SO
-Basic D&D, Basic D&D Modern Variant, Magic, CBT

#9 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 6248 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:16 AM

I've no questions for you folks at Reaper. I'm not giving up my pewter addiction, but I'm going to attempt to never ask when something is coming out from any model manufacturer.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#10 cutebutpsycho

cutebutpsycho

Purple Pirate Fairy Princess

• 2264 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:58 AM

Locking this topic to avoid future "I want this model" posts. Feel free to post those in the 'Minis we'd like to see' thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users