Sign in to follow this  
HamishMcGreigh

Almaran the Gold

Here's some picks of Almaran the Gold, my round two entry for Wyrd Mini's Iron Painter contest. the them for this round was "Light my Fire," so his flaming blade made him an instant choice for the contest.

post-4506-1211060739_thumb.jpg

post-4506-1211060721_thumb.jpg

post-4506-1211060755_thumb.jpg

post-4506-1211060764_thumb.jpg

The paladin looks really good, and I agree about blending the flames with the blade.

Only problem I see with it is the flames colors are backwards. The yellow should be closer to the blade, and fade out to red. A common oops :)

Good job Amalor, I like the expression on his face as if someone was about to be Thumped/Smited. I tried to get this fig from another site but they sold hours within a couple hours of its first posting

Good job Amalor, I like the expression on his face as if someone was about to be Thumped/Smited. I tried to get this fig from another site but they sold hours within a couple hours of its first posting

Sorry Hamish I meant to address you. Good Job as usual Hamish

Looks very good but Amalor is correct. When doing fire you want to have white-yellow-orange-red(-black if going that far) with the periodic flare of the lower color at the next color. Also he is correct about common mistake. Here is a nice tutorial on fire. :devil:

Painting Fire

Actually, I flipped the fire technique on purpose. I wanted to give the impression that the edge of his blade heats up and kind of subsumes away in a plasma state (I've seen it actually happen in various science vids like

). It looks a lot like steam aspirating from the suface of water. Thanks for the tutorial though. It's going to be a big help on my Reaper fire elemental.