Sign in to follow this  
LordColdsteal

Death from the deep: Goroloth

I knew as soon as I saw it, I had to paint it. I want to give a quick shout out to George Mickelson's Goroloth for the green and purple mix. I was going to go with blue and purple but as soon as i saw green... I knew that was right.

I'm spending a lot of time on the base, so the Goroloth has very little detail so for.

Comments and direction welcome

post-2092-1212878431_thumb.jpg

post-2092-1212878443_thumb.jpg

post-2092-1212878453.jpg

post-2092-1212878462.jpg

• Like 2

That base is nice. Goroloth looks an impressive hunk of metal - how big is it?

Ishil

He's not huge, but he is pretty decent-sized. Just going from memory, and bearing in mind I haven't seen the thing in months, this guy is about, um... maybe three and a half inches long, head to tail without the tentacles? Side to side, he's probably just over 3/4 of an inch wide at the widest part without the fins. If I remember right, I think his tentacles are separate pieces, his front and rear body are separate pieces, split right there in the middle where the shape changes, and he comes packed fairly tightly in one of the mid-sized blisters...

Again, I haven't seen it in awhile, so I could be entirely talking out both sides of my butt right now... ::D:

Looking good man! And as for size (for those who ask) he's a fairly large mini. Mind you he's no Rackham titan dragon, but big for a blister pack mini.

Here's some updated work. Did some highlighting and I'm working on fin detail. Someone on Reaper wanted me to add another figure so they could compare the size.

comments welcome and wanted

101_0067.jpg

101_0068.jpg

Agreed. Very nice on the green. Maybe the purple is too subtle for the photograph, but it looks like it could be highlighted up some more.

The base is gorgeous. Any chance of putting an infantry piece next to it, just to get an idea of how big Goroloth really is?

With the tentacles straight out, it will be a little over 8" from tip of tentacle to tip of tail (I was fighting with mine to try to get into DHL Large instead of Open for ReaperCon). I found there was no way I could angle it to fit within a 5" cube. I bent the tentacles down to increase the sense that it was in mid attack.

I knew as soon as I saw it, I had to paint it. I want to give a quick shout out to George Mickelson's Goroloth for the green and purple mix. I was going to go with blue and purple but as soon as i saw green... I knew that was right.

thanks for the quick shout. looking forward to seeing yours complete (and someday I'll shoot some additional angles of mine to post).