• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 LordColdsteal

LordColdsteal

Godlike

• Members
  • 1084 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:41 PM

I knew as soon as I saw it, I had to paint it. I want to give a quick shout out to George Mickelson's Goroloth for the green and purple mix. I was going to go with blue and purple but as soon as i saw green... I knew that was right.

I'm spending a lot of time on the base, so the Goroloth has very little detail so for.

Comments and direction welcome

Attached Thumbnails

• 101_0043.jpg
  • 101_0044.jpg
  • 101_0046.jpg
  • 101_0047.jpg

• smokingwreckage likes this
You can't divide by zero, but you can fake it.
CMON for Coldsteal
ebay for Coldsteal

#2 Ishil

Ishil

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 758 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 03:22 AM

That base is nice. Goroloth looks an impressive hunk of metal - how big is it?

Ishil
Jesus loves you. But not that much.

#3 warlordgarou

warlordgarou

Holder of the Iron Bar of Retribution

• Bones Supporter
  • 1910 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:57 AM

The base is gorgeous. Any chance of putting an infantry piece next to it, just to get an idea of how big Goroloth really is?
The PCs are rootin', tootin' kittens living in this very town who, with flamethrowers, fight the enemies of the State for electrum pieces...or so it would seem.

Army-sized projects for 2011 - Warmahordes - Minions, Skorne, Retribution, Circle, Cryx, possibly Cygnar. WFB - Ogres, Skaven, Dwarves, Orcs and Vampire Counts. 40k - Tau, Guard, Marines, Orks. FoW - German, Soviets, Brits. DBA - 6 armies. 25mm Western figs. Some giant stompy robots for CAV and HG. A bunch of 25mm Romans just because. Maybe a couple of Warmaster armies.

The listing above is only a WIP. No big deal, since almost everything on it is a WIP as well.

Blog - Random Brain Dribbles.

#4 Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Godlike

• Members
  • 3073 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 02:13 PM

Excellent start on this one, LCS. The basing is coming along swimmingly...

A piece of art is never finished. It is simply abandoned. --Whizard Hlavaz

My Jabberbloggy: http://jabberwockymi...s.blogspot.com/

#5 mousekiller

mousekiller

Godlike

• Members
  • 1197 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 03:42 PM

That base is absolutely rocking LCS... amazing work so far.

#6 Mad Jack

Mad Jack

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1557 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 10:57 PM

He's not huge, but he is pretty decent-sized. Just going from memory, and bearing in mind I haven't seen the thing in months, this guy is about, um... maybe three and a half inches long, head to tail without the tentacles? Side to side, he's probably just over 3/4 of an inch wide at the widest part without the fins. If I remember right, I think his tentacles are separate pieces, his front and rear body are separate pieces, split right there in the middle where the shape changes, and he comes packed fairly tightly in one of the mid-sized blisters...
Again, I haven't seen it in awhile, so I could be entirely talking out both sides of my butt right now... ::D:

Spoiler

"Oh, not  you... We named the hat "Jack"."

#7 l33t ninj4

l33t ninj4

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:42 AM

Looking good man! And as for size (for those who ask) he's a fairly large mini. Mind you he's no Rackham titan dragon, but big for a blister pack mini.
Ph34r m3h 1337 ninj4 ski11z

#8 Nial ap Morai

Nial ap Morai

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 429 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 05:46 AM

I think your players will foul themselves....Thats just a mean thing to do to them. Good going so far
'Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid.' --- David Hackworth

"A little I'm hurt, but yet not slayne. I'll but lye down and bleed awhile, and then I'll rise and fight again." --Sir Andrew Barton

"Life's hard... and it's even harder when you're stupid." -- John Wayne
Posted Image

#9 LordColdsteal

LordColdsteal

Godlike

• Members
  • 1084 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:56 AM

Here's some updated work. Did some highlighting and I'm working on fin detail. Someone on Reaper wanted me to add another figure so they could compare the size.

comments welcome and wanted

Posted Image
Posted Image
You can't divide by zero, but you can fake it.
CMON for Coldsteal
ebay for Coldsteal

#10 mousekiller

mousekiller

Godlike

• Members
  • 1197 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:33 PM

This is coming out really well LCS... the greens are definitely working.

How is that dwarf breathing so far under water? :rolleyes:

#11 Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Godlike

• Members
  • 3073 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:51 AM

Awesome job on the teal green--very smooth!

A piece of art is never finished. It is simply abandoned. --Whizard Hlavaz

My Jabberbloggy: http://jabberwockymi...s.blogspot.com/

#12 DavidVC04

DavidVC04

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:45 AM

Agreed. Very nice on the green. Maybe the purple is too subtle for the photograph, but it looks like it could be highlighted up some more.

#13 eastman

eastman

Mad Scientist

• Members
  • 3025 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:57 PM

The base is gorgeous. Any chance of putting an infantry piece next to it, just to get an idea of how big Goroloth really is?

With the tentacles straight out, it will be a little over 8" from tip of tentacle to tip of tail (I was fighting with mine to try to get into DHL Large instead of Open for ReaperCon). I found there was no way I could angle it to fit within a 5" cube. I bent the tentacles down to increase the sense that it was in mid attack.
"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly" - www.Despair.com
"Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do" - attributed to Edgar Degas
"A stroke of the brush does not guarantee art from the bristles" - Vorlon Ambassador Kosh Naranek, Babylon 5
"I see ... lead people" - me
"I love the smell of DullCote in the morning, it smells like ... VICTORY" - me
"Have you joined The Cult of Purple & TealTM yet? You know you want to." - me
"how many of YOUR club's members are in Masters? Hmm? ;-)" - Evil Sue

#14 eastman

eastman

Mad Scientist

• Members
  • 3025 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:59 PM

I knew as soon as I saw it, I had to paint it. I want to give a quick shout out to George Mickelson's Goroloth for the green and purple mix. I was going to go with blue and purple but as soon as i saw green... I knew that was right.

thanks for the quick shout. looking forward to seeing yours complete (and someday I'll shoot some additional angles of mine to post).
"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly" - www.Despair.com
"Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do" - attributed to Edgar Degas
"A stroke of the brush does not guarantee art from the bristles" - Vorlon Ambassador Kosh Naranek, Babylon 5
"I see ... lead people" - me
"I love the smell of DullCote in the morning, it smells like ... VICTORY" - me
"Have you joined The Cult of Purple & TealTM yet? You know you want to." - me
"how many of YOUR club's members are in Masters? Hmm? ;-)" - Evil Sue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users