Incept Dates?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Nanite

Nanite

Nattering Nabob

• Members
  • 3592 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:32 AM

Some curious things about the first releases. The ex-AICOM minis are marked RMI (the CAV UCOR? Or Reaper Mini International? I don't know?) and dated 2002.

Bob Olley's Col. is dated 2003. I think the others are recent.

Just found that interesting. Also, what is RMI?

Custom toys, art, and sundries here.

And a Twitter!

#2 kristof65

kristof65

Captain of the Sky Pirates

• Bones Supporter
  • 6791 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:40 AM

I've always thought RMI = Reaper Miniatures, Inc. I've seen that on a lot of their minis over the years.

My Blog - Warming: May be political

Please check out my wife's Stained Glass page:
KAH Designs

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Member of the ReaperBryan Fan Club.[/font]

#3 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 10321 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:00 PM

RMI - Reaper Miniatures, Inc.

That the CAV UCOR shares the name was a deliberate inside joke - suggesting that Reaper eventually became large and powerful enough to take on the Galaxy.

Many of the initial Chronoscope figures were sent as "spec" work, the artists trying soemthing new. We liked them and bought them, but didn;t felel like they "fit" with DHL or Warlord, so they had to wait while we invented Chronoscope. A few others had been commissioned as prototypes for a 28mm sci-fi game, although we are continuing to develop concepts for that game, we decided that the greens for it would be better suited to Chronoscope until we had more to go on for the sci-fi game.

A few others were custom made just for Chronoscope, and in coming months, we'll be pretty much entirely into custom sculpts.

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#4 Nanite

Nanite

Nattering Nabob

• Members
  • 3592 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:05 PM

I'm overjoyed to be getting the AICOM minis finally! I just thought the dates were interesting. They're all really nice sculpts!

RMI, got it. :lol:

And a Twitter!

#5 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 6511 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:44 PM

And here I thought you were talking about Bladerunner. Which reminds me we need some sculpts "resembling" the Bladerunner and Firefly folks.
* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war - Shakespeare's Julius Caeser
* Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
* Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, ... - Shakespeare's Henry V
* My two hobby blog; Wargames and Railroads

#6 Nanite

Nanite

Nattering Nabob

• Members
  • 3592 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 02:09 PM

Glad someone got the reference ; )

I second blade runner minis. I could use a Hannibal Chew ("I not know such stuff! I just make eyes!")

And a Twitter!

#7 SaintRigger

SaintRigger

Evil Mastermind

• Black Lightning
  • 4045 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:46 AM

"The things I've seen with your eyes..."

"You nexus-6! I design your eyes!"

There were the two sculpts from Aberant (I think) that are definately Not-Deckard and Not-Rachel. :)
Posted Image

we want revolution, constant evolution
start your engines blow your fuses
burn the bridges for the future

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users