Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nanite

Incept Dates?

7 posts in this topic

Some curious things about the first releases. The ex-AICOM minis are marked RMI (the CAV UCOR? Or Reaper Mini International? I don't know?) and dated 2002.

Bob Olley's Col. is dated 2003. I think the others are recent.

Just found that interesting. Also, what is RMI?

I've always thought RMI = Reaper Miniatures, Inc. I've seen that on a lot of their minis over the years.

RMI - Reaper Miniatures, Inc.

That the CAV UCOR shares the name was a deliberate inside joke - suggesting that Reaper eventually became large and powerful enough to take on the Galaxy.

Many of the initial Chronoscope figures were sent as "spec" work, the artists trying soemthing new. We liked them and bought them, but didn;t felel like they "fit" with DHL or Warlord, so they had to wait while we invented Chronoscope. A few others had been commissioned as prototypes for a 28mm sci-fi game, although we are continuing to develop concepts for that game, we decided that the greens for it would be better suited to Chronoscope until we had more to go on for the sci-fi game.

A few others were custom made just for Chronoscope, and in coming months, we'll be pretty much entirely into custom sculpts.

I'm overjoyed to be getting the AICOM minis finally! I just thought the dates were interesting. They're all really nice sculpts!

RMI, got it. :lol:

And here I thought you were talking about Bladerunner. Which reminds me we need some sculpts "resembling" the Bladerunner and Firefly folks.

Glad someone got the reference ; )

I second blade runner minis. I could use a Hannibal Chew ("I not know such stuff! I just make eyes!")

"The things I've seen with your eyes..."

"You nexus-6! I design your eyes!"

There were the two sculpts from Aberant (I think) that are definately Not-Deckard and Not-Rachel. :)