#1 morganm

morganm

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:47 AM

I bought a few zombies this weekend.

They are nice for diversifying my undead horde. I don't like having too many of the same sculpture for a given NPC. The pose is a little funny but at least it's not the cliche mummy walk. You know... arms out, one foot forward, and blank stare on their face. =P

The plastic on these two seemed very different than the ogre and troll. The zombies are much softer. One of the zombies is VERY rubbery compared to even the other zombies. Maybe he was made with the sludge at the bottom of the barrel :) They all stand up fine though but they will probably get a little deformed being stuffed into the pile with the rest of the undead in the box. Must have been friday for the painter; some red got on one of the bases and on another there is a lot of over spray on the feet. I'll just touch them up myself.

Overall I'm happy with them.

Thx =^.^=
Posted Image

#2 armydillo978

armydillo978

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:33 AM

Now, if you add a few of the D&D Chillborn zombies, and maybe one or two from Heroscape, you'll have a diverse zombie horde. All prepainted too. ::):
Armydillo978@gmail.com

#3 morganm

morganm

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:20 AM

Yep; I bought some DDMs (the zombies and a wight) to fill in the zombie ranks. I'll probably buy some shambling zombies from AA http://www.alternati...ing_Zombies.htm Then I'll have a good horde for the next game night =)
Posted Image

#4 armydillo978

armydillo978

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:27 PM

Those are some ugly zombies, which makes 'em perfect. If you can post a pic of them all together, I'd be interested in seeing how well they blend.

I'm gonna snag a box of DDM today, hopefully I'll get some chillborns.

And where's the love for ReaperEd?

I don't see any, does he not deserve?
Armydillo978@gmail.com

#5 morganm

morganm

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:44 PM

Yeah I'm interested to see how their 28mm scale stands compared to the 25mm scale stuff. I wonder if I took off that silly extra base on the AA zombies if they would then be 2mm shorter? I'll snap some pics of them too and post them. Indeed they are ugly as with most of the sculptures I've seen on AA's site but their prices are right for the quality =)

Maybe you should make a ReaperEd fan club sig block? =^.^=
Posted Image

#6 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 6233 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:32 AM

My zombies are in the mail. I guess I shouldn't be impatient, as they are shambling undead after all.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#7 morganm

morganm

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:09 AM

I just ordered the shambling zombies and the hand cart. Never ordered anything over seas before. Wonder how long the transaction and then shipping will take? =/
Posted Image

#8 Dante

Dante

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:20 PM

it's a shame I haven't seen any of the Zombies at my local HS. Gonna have to see about getting them offline when I get a paid :)

#9 armydillo978

armydillo978

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:27 PM

I've got a tournament this weekend at the bigger of game stores. Haven't checked thier stuff in a month. They usually have a HUGE supply of Reaper, so I'm hoping they have the new zombies. I could use some diversity for my hordes.
Armydillo978@gmail.com

#10 DARK ELF

DARK ELF

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:17 PM

i gotta say,the Wizards zombies just look...well i wont go there. i really like the Reaper sculpt though. :D
"Hold fast to the truth, for the truth is a pillar. a steadfast pillar that all that all the world cannot shake"

#11 Kang

Kang

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:05 AM

For your rubbery zombie, you could always try giving him a bath in some mineral oil for a week or so. That stuff leaches out the chemicals ("plasticizers") they put in plastics to make them more flexible, so it should come out more rigid than it went in. I learned about this stuff from Joe Kutz (thanks again Joe!) last August when I was having trouble getting paint to stick to a rubbery toy I was convering into a Froghemoth for my D&D game because the plasticizers were reacting badly with the primer. You may even be able to repose some of them slightly this way to make identical sculpts look a bit different - bend them into their new poses & tie or clamp them in place, then dunk. YMMV; I had some luck reposing DDM minis this way, but didn't try any really drastic reposing. But it doesn't take much to make 2 identical minis look different enough for the battlefield, really. I have no idea how similar the LE plastic might be to the DDM stuff - no promises.

If you can't find mineral oil, baby oil works too - it's just mineral oil + parfum. Nicest smelling zombies EVER! ::D:

Kang

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users