Crosswire, Super Villain

13 replies to this topic

#1 dewen

dewen

Godlike

• Members
  • 2117 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:10 AM

I am dying to get a hold of this mini. How much longer will he be a Preview in the gallery? He got passed up by the Sasquatch (previewed after and released before). Are there other super hero/villains coming soon?
- de Each of us experience a Crisis Point in our lives. Who is your hero?

#2 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 10321 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:24 AM

Crosswire is slated for September. Sasquatch was slated for August. the difference in time is the difference in how long it is from when the model is finished and when it is due. Sasquatch had about 2 weeks from when we got the model to it's scheduled release date - Crosswire still has another month.

Models are released according to a timetable worked out 3-6 months in advance, with the ony variable being when the green is given to us -- in some cases we have the greens before others, really. This is why for September and October, some models have their pictures up now, and others do not.

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#3 dewen

dewen

Godlike

• Members
  • 2117 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:29 AM

Thanks for the explanation. Are there more like him coming? What is a villain without a hero to fight?

#4 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 10321 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:27 AM

October: 50027: Captain Griffon - Superhero! (and I'm betting there'll be some costumed Heroines and Villainesses soon thereafter!)

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#5 dewen

dewen

Godlike

• Members
  • 2117 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:26 PM

Awesome news! Thanks.

#6 mercoutlaw

mercoutlaw

Uber-Mensch

• Black Lightning
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:30 AM

I LOVE THIS LINE!!! Cannot wait to get my hands on Crosswire, Rosie, Dwarf with gatlin Gun and...THE INTERGALACTIC MARINES!!! Ohhhh Yeah!
"Mercy," they cry, every one,
But he's got none of that.
Left a trail of blood and tears
'Til King of Hell, he sat

Posted Image

#7 lukash

lukash

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:01 PM

I love Crosswire. Hopefully all the super figures will be to scale with each other. I also hope Tom Mason does more of them. I really think he nailed this guy. Great figure and I can't wait to buy it.
Omaha Warlord Players = http://warlord.bofthebb.com/

#8 bikerdrew

bikerdrew

Godlike

• Members
  • 1134 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:31 PM

I placed an order for Crosswire (and other things) at the weekend - it's a fantastic miniature. I will have to take a break from painting my Tau army to paint him. It should only take 2-3 weeks for the figures to arrive.
"we'll not risk another frontal assault... That Rabbits dynamite!" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

#9 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12858 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 05:31 PM

Kinda disappointed in the first superhero in the line. He is just too generic aka Superman-ish. I'll still pick him up, but I hope other hero types are made soon.

RM
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#10 Nathoruuk

Nathoruuk

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:33 PM

Kinda disappointed in the first superhero in the line. He is just too generic aka Superman-ish. I'll still pick him up, but I hope other hero types are made soon.

RM

I was sort of thinking a generic is great for a first hero. In my mind, i'm not sure comic book superheroes have a lot of variety anyway. tights, tights, tights.... I am thinking a few alternate heads or greenstuff a mask, cowl or pointy ears on him could go a long way. I think I could make a great batman out of this guy pretty easily. A separate piece cape might have made it double dutiful making Spiderman or Fantastic Four, but next time!
''Girl, I don't want to know about your mild-mannered alter ego or anything like that. I mean, you tell me you're a super-mega-ultra-lightning-babe? That's all right with me. I'm good. I'm good.

#11 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15017 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:02 PM

They are going to have to be pretty generic just because of concerns with trademark/copyright infringements. And unfortunately, there is vast universe of supers out there in print.

Fortunately for us, we can paint em to look however we want. And if he just happens to have a big yellow S on his chest and a red cape and boots and underpants...

However, I would love to send some doodles of my Mutants & Materminds character, The Phoenix, who is a fire based brick/blaster so I can see him in metal ::): Heck I made him out of birthday cake last october!

Edited by Qwyksilver, 24 October 2008 - 09:03 PM.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#12 bikerdrew

bikerdrew

Godlike

• Members
  • 1134 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:31 AM

Well Crosswire has arrived - along with Boris the smuggler and Rosie the technician and some dhl figs. I'm goin to take a short break from the Tau army and get Crosswire painted. I will post the result to the show off forum.
"we'll not risk another frontal assault... That Rabbits dynamite!" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

#13 bikerdrew

bikerdrew

Godlike

• Members
  • 1134 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:59 AM

Crosswire is painted and up on the Show Off forum.

#14 Obeldia

Obeldia

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:23 PM

Awesome piece!
-O-

If everything is coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users