Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dewen

Crosswire, Super Villain

14 posts in this topic

I am dying to get a hold of this mini. How much longer will he be a Preview in the gallery? He got passed up by the Sasquatch (previewed after and released before). Are there other super hero/villains coming soon?

Crosswire is slated for September. Sasquatch was slated for August. the difference in time is the difference in how long it is from when the model is finished and when it is due. Sasquatch had about 2 weeks from when we got the model to it's scheduled release date - Crosswire still has another month.

Models are released according to a timetable worked out 3-6 months in advance, with the ony variable being when the green is given to us -- in some cases we have the greens before others, really. This is why for September and October, some models have their pictures up now, and others do not.

Thanks for the explanation. Are there more like him coming? What is a villain without a hero to fight?

October: 50027: Captain Griffon - Superhero! (and I'm betting there'll be some costumed Heroines and Villainesses soon thereafter!)

Awesome news! Thanks.

I LOVE THIS LINE!!! Cannot wait to get my hands on Crosswire, Rosie, Dwarf with gatlin Gun and...THE INTERGALACTIC MARINES!!! Ohhhh Yeah!

I love Crosswire. Hopefully all the super figures will be to scale with each other. I also hope Tom Mason does more of them. I really think he nailed this guy. Great figure and I can't wait to buy it.

I placed an order for Crosswire (and other things) at the weekend - it's a fantastic miniature. I will have to take a break from painting my Tau army to paint him. It should only take 2-3 weeks for the figures to arrive.

Kinda disappointed in the first superhero in the line. He is just too generic aka Superman-ish. I'll still pick him up, but I hope other hero types are made soon.

RM

Kinda disappointed in the first superhero in the line. He is just too generic aka Superman-ish. I'll still pick him up, but I hope other hero types are made soon.

RM

I was sort of thinking a generic is great for a first hero. In my mind, i'm not sure comic book superheroes have a lot of variety anyway. tights, tights, tights.... I am thinking a few alternate heads or greenstuff a mask, cowl or pointy ears on him could go a long way. I think I could make a great batman out of this guy pretty easily. A separate piece cape might have made it double dutiful making Spiderman or Fantastic Four, but next time!

They are going to have to be pretty generic just because of concerns with trademark/copyright infringements. And unfortunately, there is vast universe of supers out there in print.

Fortunately for us, we can paint em to look however we want. And if he just happens to have a big yellow S on his chest and a red cape and boots and underpants...

However, I would love to send some doodles of my Mutants & Materminds character, The Phoenix, who is a fire based brick/blaster so I can see him in metal ::): Heck I made him out of birthday cake last october!

Edited by Qwyksilver

Well Crosswire has arrived - along with Boris the smuggler and Rosie the technician and some dhl figs. I'm goin to take a short break from the Tau army and get Crosswire painted. I will post the result to the show off forum.