Sign in to follow this  
DjinnWing

Goblin & Kobolds in Wave 3

Are the goblins and kobolds in the next wave coming as singles or 3 packs or don't know yet?

Personally, I think it would be neat to have singles painted in a different color to designate a leader and have 3 packs with all the same color. However, this may affect production costs if done in the same run. Hmm...

I think the plan was to offer a single pack of Goblins with 1 of each, and a single pack of Kobolds with one of each. We are examining alternatives, that's part of what's impacting the release date - trying to figure out the economical way, and friendliest way, to package these things.

Even if you don't go with 9 packs for them as Djinn suggests, I think you should considered some form of bulk packaging of the "horde" type figures - Orcs, Goblins, Skeletons, etc - even if it's just some sort of master pack deal with large numbers of figures. Particularly if you can eliminate some packaging costs and provide a lower price point.

Even if it was simply an online Asylum only deal where you get 10-20 of assorted figures shipped in a plastic bag.

When the orcs were released, I bought 5 blisters each of the single swordsman and bowman and 10 blisters of the spearman. I'll easily want as many goblins, so I hope that Reaper releases some form of multi-figure blister first for them.

Regards,

V

One of the things I noticed about LE at our store is that a single GM looking for an orc or skeleton encounter can totally wipe out the entire display of single-pack bad-guys. There needs to be more three-packs with assorted (as opposed to three of the same) sculpts of a particular creature.

Even if bulk-packing only cuts the price by a few pennies a model, it would mean less chance of the store being totally out of a particular mini.