Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DjinnWing

Goblin & Kobolds in Wave 3

12 posts in this topic

Are the goblins and kobolds in the next wave coming as singles or 3 packs or don't know yet?

Personally, I think it would be neat to have singles painted in a different color to designate a leader and have 3 packs with all the same color. However, this may affect production costs if done in the same run. Hmm...

I think the plan was to offer a single pack of Goblins with 1 of each, and a single pack of Kobolds with one of each. We are examining alternatives, that's part of what's impacting the release date - trying to figure out the economical way, and friendliest way, to package these things.

Interesting. I'm thinking since most people would buy these in bulk, how about having a 9 pack (3 of each model)?

Even if you don't go with 9 packs for them as Djinn suggests, I think you should considered some form of bulk packaging of the "horde" type figures - Orcs, Goblins, Skeletons, etc - even if it's just some sort of master pack deal with large numbers of figures. Particularly if you can eliminate some packaging costs and provide a lower price point.

Even if it was simply an online Asylum only deal where you get 10-20 of assorted figures shipped in a plastic bag.

They could just throw mine in the delivery box and I'd be happy. 'Don't need no plastic bag.

With mooks like kobolds, goblins, skeletons, and orcs I'm all about at least 3 packs.

I suppose a 42 pack would be out of the question?

::P:

I'd be willing to compromise with a 21 pack =)

When the orcs were released, I bought 5 blisters each of the single swordsman and bowman and 10 blisters of the spearman. I'll easily want as many goblins, so I hope that Reaper releases some form of multi-figure blister first for them.

Regards,

V

Leave it to the soldier to want a "foe-ty"

One of the things I noticed about LE at our store is that a single GM looking for an orc or skeleton encounter can totally wipe out the entire display of single-pack bad-guys. There needs to be more three-packs with assorted (as opposed to three of the same) sculpts of a particular creature.

Even if bulk-packing only cuts the price by a few pennies a model, it would mean less chance of the store being totally out of a particular mini.

i like the idea of large blister packs,mys-elf.