9 replies to this topic

#1 sethohman

sethohman

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1901 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:43 AM

Looks good for the Kroids.

Any news on a rulebook? Not so sure I want to play ROTD, but I want the rules to look at to adapt for CAV 28mm scale fights. I have 3 of the 1/60 CAV stuff that are screaming to be used, and with the Chronoscope line, I can get marines to go woth them.

And the Despot I have would most likely not need too much adaptation from the ROTD rules to use.

Mike

I hope never to be a giraffe named Marius in Denmark.

#2 Don Rodolfo Graziani

Don Rodolfo Graziani

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:20 AM

1/60 scale CAV stuff? :blink:
I didn't know there was such a thing.
Please, you HAVE to tell me where it's listed ::):

DRG
There are things about me you wouldn't understand.....
things you....couldn't....understand......
things you....shouldn't......understand.....
I'm a loner, Dottie......a rebel!

Posted Image

#3 sethohman

sethohman

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1901 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:41 AM

Produced by John Bear Ross a few years ago. Sadly, he is no longer in that business. I was lucky enough to get a resin Despot, Dictator, and Scorpion. Missed out on the Dictator 70 arms.

Very difficult to come by.

Mike

I hope never to be a giraffe named Marius in Denmark.

#4 Don Rodolfo Graziani

Don Rodolfo Graziani

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:05 AM

cool, thanks, I was wondering.

DRG

Posted Image

#5 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6501 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 06:46 PM

They look like great models, as Reaper is a great models company, but I'm skeptical of the RAGE mechanic, as it hasn't stolen my heart. Maybe this game will be different, but I won't be puttin' down coin for it unless I've thoroughly kicked the tires on it and it's different from Warlord and CAV. I don't care if it's popular like Warmachine and played in every store, as I really play more unsupported games anyway. It just has to be good to grab me.

I hope Reaper does well with it and that people enjoy it, but I've got too many games already.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#6 Don Rodolfo Graziani

Don Rodolfo Graziani

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:54 PM

They look like great models, as Reaper is a great models company, but I'm skeptical of the RAGE mechanic, as it hasn't stolen my heart. Maybe this game will be different, but I won't be puttin' down coin for it unless I've thoroughly kicked the tires on it and it's different from Warlord and CAV. I don't care if it's popular like Warmachine and played in every store, as I really play more unsupported games anyway. It just has to be good to grab me.

I hope Reaper does well with it and that people enjoy it, but I've got too many games already.

I can understand your position. I'm spread along several games myself. I've played Warlord and CAV at the cons and I lean more towards CAV than Warlord but that may have something to do with my love of Battletech from back in the day. Of course, it might also have something to do with not being able to find key Warlord figures among my boxes. :devil: The RAGE system, while good, doesn't necessarily grab you right off the bat. I got to try out Reich of the Dead at this last Reapercon and can tell you it has definite differences from the standard RAGE games. Now with that in mind, I should warn that that was a beta of a beta test and the rules are being tweaked. One thing I liked was the rules for snipers. They start hidden and can move from cover to cover, picking off targets. Vehicles could only fire at targets they were aimed at and the same went for return fire. Thus you could work your way around opponents. That and summoning shuffler zombies. Nazi zombies, tanks, and the prospect of having monstrous minions are the main draws for me for RotD. If nothing else, wait til next Reapercon and play there to see what you think. ::):

DRG

Posted Image

#7 Nanite

Nanite

Nattering Nabob

• Members
  • 3592 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:22 AM

Might want to integrate these Zeds for some variety: http://whattheminiat....php?topic=15.0

Custom toys, art, and sundries here.

And a Twitter!

#8 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6501 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:13 PM

Well, I've been shanghaied by the Warzone community to play, as I've always been more into fantasy than any sci-fi. The game engine for Warzone has plenty of Undead Legionaires, snipers, vehicles, mutants, etc., and the double blind deployment with unit cards. Add to it the fact that I can buy the models at clearance, discontinued, please take them out of my store prices, and it looks like I'll be here a while.

I'm not averse to RoTD, but I'm skeptical it will have the depth I like. I'd love to see Reaper have a hit however.

Cheers.

#9 kristof65

kristof65

Captain of the Sky Pirates

• Bones Supporter
  • 6728 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:26 PM

Saw these at my FLGS yesterday. People seem interested, but most seemed to be waiting to see the rules before they invested.

My Blog - Warming: May be political

Please check out my wife's Stained Glass page:
KAH Designs

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Member of the ReaperBryan Fan Club.[/font]

#10 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6501 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:51 PM

I'm wondering how sales will look for game companies in this recession. I'm in a buying moritorium right now for pewter. It's cheaper to have models painted than to buy them new!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users