Sign in to follow this  
Nanite

The Skydivers!

A movie about skydiving with no skydivng in it.

Or something - it's not my favorite episode, but I know I get close.

Honestly though, how many times have you wanted to paint this for your GenCon/ReaperCon entry: TeamworkSkydiverM100568.jpg ?

Or how many times in some modern/sci-fi/Comic Book RPG have you needed a skydiver or possibly just a character that had magical/supernatural "falling" powers?? :wink:

We just painted my sons room in an airplane theme. I must get one to hang from his ceiling.

I'm thinking that drilling a very small hole and trying to suspend it by some fishing line or something might work nicely too.

I'm thinking that drilling a very small hole and trying to suspend it by some fishing line or something might work nicely too.

This is exactly what I have done already in his planes. Looks really good.

Or perhaps add a jetpack.

Now that's an idea! I will order 2 just in case.

A movie about skydiving with no skydivng in it.

Or something - it's not my favorite episode, but I know I get close.

Honestly though, how many times have you wanted to paint this for your GenCon/ReaperCon entry: TeamworkSkydiverM100568.jpg ?

Or how many times in some modern/sci-fi/Comic Book RPG have you needed a skydiver or possibly just a character that had magical/supernatural "falling" powers?? :wink:

Oh there was plenty of skydiving. It's one of my favorite episodes ("Coffee? I like coffee!"), that and the industrial arts short? Classic.

How did they come with the idea to do one?

Once upon a time (1992-ish) I worked in shipping and warehousing for a company in Illinois. The mother company was in New Jersey. I had to call NJ on a regular basis and the person I talked to almost every day was... Kassia Switlik.

Although I never had an opportunity to meet Kassia, we had become friends through the telephone at work.

Many years later, while working at another company, I was reminded of her so I tried to look her up. All I could find, at the time, was a company in NJ that made parachutes and other safety equipment. The company was run by a gentleman named Switlik. So, I wrote and asked if he knew of a Kassia that worked for Data One. Sure enough, his daughter!

I have since talked with her via e-mail to ask her if it was OK to use her name on the figure, and she excitedly said yes--her husband was also impressed!

Anyhow, Kassia's grandfather invented the first modern military parachute, so this is my personal homage to Kassia and the Switlik family heritage.

BTW, I think Bobby Jackson did an awesome job of capturing the whole look of professionally falling! Thanks Bobby!

• Like 1