10 replies to this topic

#1 JoeGKushner

JoeGKushner

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:04 AM

Assuming that it's just this and that keeping Wave 3 down thus far, what's going to be in Wave 4?

#2 morganm

morganm

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:52 AM

Whoa hold on there buddy.... one wave at a time here. :wow:

We don't even know what's going to be in wave 3 do we?
Posted Image

#3 ReaperClark

ReaperClark

What Miniatures Should Look Like

• Bones Supporter
  • 542 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:15 PM

Assuming that it's just this and that keeping Wave 3 down thus far, what's going to be in Wave 4?

Future releases:

Ed has just passed the LE line off to me to manage and I must say, I am very excited about it! I've recruited Ron (he manages all of the metal release as far as what is being sculpted) to help me get the line on track. Between the two of us, I think we can do some great things.

My first goal is to get us on track for regular, smaller releases. Each new release is a significant investment for us. So by doing, say, 4 new pieces every other month will allow us to have something new coming out regularly. It will also create a smaller investment to bite off and this should help get the whole cyclic engine going. We will be scrapping the web page as it is now and modifying it shortly. All of the prototype pieces that are pictured there, that we have not ordered yet, will come down and be reconsidered later.

The next goal is to set up a reordering system to insure a minimal amount of delay, if any, between outages. We have an MOQ we must meet so each reorder is a significant investment for us too. If I can get the engine generating consistent moneys then it will all fall into place.

I'm going to try to get the first round to China by the end of this month (looking more like the middle of Jan at this point). It takes about 3-4 months after that to get the final production to our dock. Then, while the first batch is in their hands, I hope to send something to China every other month until we can get a pattern going strong. Once the engine is tuned, I will move to every month if it is justified. The first year or so will help me work out the logistics of ordering and reordering so I can get procedures and policies in place.

We are also working on larger sized blister cards, about 8.5"x5.5" (or 1/2 of a piece of paper) and an 8.5 x 11 card, so we can do some larger models like giants and bigger dragons. They won't be as heavy as metal so we shouldn't have the problem of blisters falling off of the cards like we had to solve with the metal minis.

If we do these cards, the larger pieces will be "outside" the regular schedule of every other month. As a result, their will hopefully be more frequent releases then once every other month anyway. We have a few ideas for the bigger pieces that we will start with, but I'm not going to say anything about what that will be yet. I can tell you that we will be able to do some bigger stuff that would be way to expensive in metal, making the big stuff potentially a lot of fun and unique to the LE line.

One of my snags will be having to use China for other product lines taking away from my budget, but Iíll cross that bridge as I approach it.

We will just have to see what happens, but this is my hope for the line's future.
Matt Clark Production Director Reaper Miniatures

#4 VFults

VFults

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:36 PM

Thanks for posting the update. Smaller, more frequent, releases will go a long way to help build the line. People need to see that there is new product being released in a steady progression for the line to generate interest. I'm still looking forward to more prepaints from Reaper.

Regards,

V

#5 JoeGKushner

JoeGKushner

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:01 AM

I'm certainly lookingforward to the larger figures. Non-random giants/dragons = 'teh win' as the kids would say.

#6 morganm

morganm

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:41 AM

Thanks for that great update Clark! I would love to see more frequent, smaller, releases.
Posted Image

#7 Erion

Erion

Paragon of Mediocrity

• Members
  • 5340 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:01 PM

It is definitely nice to see the somehwat neglected lines in Reaper's stable getting some attention. First CAV, now LE.

Thanks again for the news.
Providing A Public-Access Repository of Useless Knowledge since 1973.

A flaw in the human character is that everyone wants to build and nobody wants to do maintenance."
--Kurt Vonnegut

"The greatest enemy of your creative powers is smug complacency -- being satisfied with less than what you are capable of doing." --Nido Qubein

#8 TheDungeonDelver

TheDungeonDelver

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:38 PM

I feel so weird saying this, since at first I was so against the notion, but now having a few (20 some orcs, zombies, a few of the "character" minis)...but I really despair of seeing this line succeed. Four months? With DDM's going non-random (new game and all) I fear the Reaper line is going to get eaten alive. I'd rather not spend my money on Hasbro, thanks.

C'mon, guys, cut corners, do it here in the states, something - get us those Gnolls! :)

The Delver's Dungeon has a new home! www.thedelversdungeon.com

#9 wellender

wellender

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:15 PM

Is there any thought to possibly releasing some of the Chronoscope miniatures in pre-painted plastic?

#10 ReaperClark

ReaperClark

What Miniatures Should Look Like

• Bones Supporter
  • 542 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:33 PM

Is there any thought to possibly releasing some of the Chronoscope miniatures in pre-painted plastic?

L.E. will hopefully be very eclectic as time goes marches on.
Matt Clark Production Director Reaper Miniatures

#11 DARK ELF

DARK ELF

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:35 PM

good job!
"Hold fast to the truth, for the truth is a pillar. a steadfast pillar that all that all the world cannot shake"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users