• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 WolfLord

WolfLord

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:40 AM

Here are a few peices that I wouldn't mind seeing in future waves of LE.

Elven vale warriors, deathseekers, or royal guardsmen. For the deathseekers and guardsmen, it would have to be the upright versions. Jean-Pierre-werewolf and wolves would be great also.
WolfLord

"Expect me when you see me."

#2 Shin Okada

Shin Okada

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:37 AM

Will it be risky or difficult for Reaper to make LE version of dragons?

DDM line still has only few huge dragons,

Huge Red x2
Huge White
Huge Black with a rider (widely disliked because of the rider)
Huge Gold
Huge Blue Dracolich
Aspect of Bahamut
Aspect of Tiamat

The next huge set is not released until this August and will only has 8 huge minis. Even if 2 of them are Huge Chromatic Dragons, they still can't yet provide all the 5 Huge Chromatic Dragons without rider. Also, older DDM minis are hard to get. And/or outrageousely expensive on e-bay. Huge Red Dragon from Giants of Legend set costs about $60-80. The newer ones are much cheaper and somewhere around $20 or so, though.

Most of the Dragons in DHL line are Huge sized ones. And smaller box set dragons such as Ebonwrath or Stormwing can be usable as either Huge or Colossal dragons.

I like to assemble and paint metal dragon models of Reaper as they are really good in quality. But people will definitely buy plastic huge dragons if available in reasonable price and can be bought in retail-price instead of fighting betting-war on e-bay.

Also, Large Dragons will sell well, too. In 4e MM, you can find 2 age categories for large dragons of each colors. And the weakest one is L3 solo. So, we will see more large dragons in sessions now.

#3 morganm

morganm

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:49 PM

My idea is to actually put out some product so we can buy them ::P:

or

Keep the p-65 line coming steady!
Posted Image

#4 JoeGKushner

JoeGKushner

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:56 PM

dragons and giants, especially storm, or heck, even titan, are in rare supply.

#5 King Tiger

King Tiger

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:56 PM

I agree with Joe, a storm giant is loooong overdue!
"Love is a Battlefield" Takes on a whole new meaning to a war gamer!

#6 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6428 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:28 PM

I wonder if plastics are the way to go right now at all.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#7 Painfully

Painfully

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:05 AM

I'd like to see more dungeon dressings like fancy portcullis, treasure chests, altars, magic circles, etc. This is also true for metal figs, but I think it is better suited for the plastics, and there is very little of this sort of thing readily available to gamers.

I could easily imagine a "tavern pack," "treasures pack," "wizard's lab pack," etc.

I would absolutely buy this kind of stuff for gaming.

#8 jdripley

jdripley

Compulsive Forum-goer

• Members
  • 1184 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:26 AM

I'm just jumping in to the whole Legendary Encounters discussion after having pretty much letting it be entirely - But what's the chance we can get some larger blisters, or even boxes, of minis that could be used for an urban roleplaying campaign? There's always the time-honored tradition of saying "this guy really isn't in plate mail, and he doesn't actually have a greatsword. He's just the guy selling fish on the corner, honest!" But it's nice when your "proxy" is "approximately" right ::P:

I'm thinking a lot with all of the "Townsfolk" sets in it. As I count there's around 40 models. So this wouldn't really be a cheap item. But it'd be cheaper than buying the pewter versions of all of those sets!

Maybe Reaper will determine that too many people have enough "regular people" but if not, I know I'd buy the pack! Having a big pile of dwarves and a somewhat lesser pile of Nefsokar only goes so far when you want to make an adventure, and my DM has a big stock of D&D minis that include some generic models that aren't armored up and may or may not have any sort of weapon. Those are great for so many situations.
Jim Ripley

#9 Enpeze

Enpeze

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:06 PM

In another thread I had a list of minis I think are good for LE. I want to post the list here too, if you dont mind :)
All these are often used minis which are either not cheap, extremely ugly or not available for dnd at all.

I have here a little classfication for the minis: (everything IMO of course)
The list is divided in Class A (urgently needed), Class B (needed), Class C (would be fine to have)

Class A minis
-Driders
-Aboleths
-merfolk
-Scorpionmen
-Giant scorpions
-Dragonborn or a substitute race
-Giant Snakes (real big ones :))
-Behir
-Rakshasas

Class B minis
-Stirges
-amberhulk
-gremlins (tiny bad minimonsters, either with tiny base like the pseudodragon of WotC or several on a single base)
-different kinds of fantasy dinosaurus for lost world kind of adventures
-several types of devils and demons (some large demons/devils are not existent in the WotC line or have a only a bad, ridicolous model or are rare and really expensive, Baalor, Glabrezu, Succubus or Pitfiend for example)
-Genasi
-underwater creatures like sharks, octopi, kraken, dragonturtle etc.
-fey - what about a small cheap fey types? or a whole fey package with fey queen, fey knight, pucks etc.?

Class C minis
-Sahaguins
-Pegasus (the one of WotC is rare and not very beautiful)
-githianki, gitzerai (wotc have only a small selection)
-duergar (WotC has only 2 different duergar and those are in older sets, so a collection of different duergar plus riding beasts would be fine)
-different kinds of dragons (especially large ones, the ones of WotC are quite expensive)
-different riding beasts like horses, camel, mules, pack-lizards, griffons etc.

#10 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6428 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:58 AM

I'll second the townsfolk packs. Tavern, street vendors and shopkeeps, vagabonds, angry mob, and the list goes on.

It's enough to paint my character models, NPC's, and the encounters. Re-usable set dressing townsfolk would be a luxury.

#11 Jame

Jame

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:04 AM

One thing I might like to see is some of those Chronoscope characters be made in LE format - mainly ones like NOVA Sgt. and NOVA guard - the cannonfodder ones.

I'll second the townsfolk packs. Tavern, street vendors and shopkeeps, vagabonds, angry mob, and the list goes on.

It's enough to paint my character models, NPC's, and the encounters. Re-usable set dressing townsfolk would be a luxury.

Sign me up too for this; just note that I'd also like a wider range of townsfolk such as farmers and merchants. Oh; some of these should be female - and NOT strumpets!

#12 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Godlike

• Members
  • 3280 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:19 PM

I am inclined to agree; I spent ages hunting for a blacksmith, but I'm up to my knees in whores.

Nevertheless, I am inclined to wonder how many townsfolk your average gamer is likely to buy... as opposed to your basic orcs, skeletons, and zombies, the type of figure you just can't have too many of...

"Actually, I DO look like my avatar..." tumblr_me9zrqN4dK1rao9jio1_400.jpg

Bringer of Gonturzaps

http://www.reapermin...040-gonturzaps/

#13 Maou_Mint

Maou_Mint

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:22 AM

I am inclined to agree; I spent ages hunting for a blacksmith, but I'm up to my knees in whores.

Nevertheless, I am inclined to wonder how many townsfolk your average gamer is likely to buy... as opposed to your basic orcs, skeletons, and zombies, the type of figure you just can't have too many of...

I personally find 20 zombies more than enough to crowd up an encounter and I need even fewer of the rest, despite having well over a hundred each of skeletons, zombies, etc... and easily 60-80 orcs.

Townsfolk would be nice even though I already have a lot of pewter ones.

Figs I'd like to see in LE:
the upcoming Cerberus miniature
Giant Rats
Animals in general
Female PC types/warlords
Female giantesses
the Warlord Harpy
A lot of the chronoscope figures
Familiars
Swarms
Golems
All the Pirate figures
Centaurs
Sea critters

Of course I'd love to see some of the larger and more unusual figures too but I'm skeptical about the viability of those so I'd settle for smaller things that are under-represented as of yet on the market.

#14 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6428 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:43 AM

Townsfolk are great, but I don't know if Reaper would sell a lot of them. I still think the box set in LE would be great, although a lot of gaming tables around the world would get to know these townsfolk!!

#15 Rapheal

Rapheal

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:08 PM

Ok I'm thinking of running a D20 Modern game in the near future. I know that Bobby Jackson made some street type characters for another line, if we could get something like that it would be helpful, other than the 2 he already has made for Chronoscope. I was also thinking of a dancer in a gentleman's club near or on a pole, maybe that would be a good Werner idea.
Member of the Cult of Purple and Teal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users