• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14512 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:58 PM

Jade dancing girl is perfect for that.

Just add a piece of brass pole to the scenery behind her and viola!

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#17 DARK ELF

DARK ELF

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:04 PM

i would like to see more minis,that look close to the Wizards minis myself.(i.e,were bear with axe in hand,or the male vampire with the long flowin' cloak. just to name a couple.)the reason is,i play ddm,and your minis just look great on the game board! all i have to do is glue a round G.W base to the bottom,and your done. your sculpt,and paint jobs are better,(i should know,i own MOST of the Wizards line!)and the price...well i wont even go there. plus you can see what you are gettin'! i myself,use all your plastic minis for proxies,at my home games.(love that purple worm...CHOMP!)and you already know what the price is,for one of their "rare"minis!(mind flayer comes to mind.)so...with that said,good job Reaper minis & keep up the good work!! one more thing. ive been with you guys scents C.W was just a flyer,and Ral was still around.
check out my old paint studio at BLUEMOONMINIATURES.COM,you can also check them out on y-tube,under B.M.M!
thanx for your time.
Ellie B. :devil:
"Hold fast to the truth, for the truth is a pillar. a steadfast pillar that all that all the world cannot shake"

#18 VFults

VFults

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:01 PM

Reaper guys, you've GOT to start making LE pc/npc minis! The female ranger, elf, and two knights are great but we need some more variety! What brings this up is that I was at the local game store today as they were putting the new wave of WOTC player character figures on the shelf; what shoddy paint jobs on this batch. Some minis had so much paint globbed on the faces that there was no detail visible at all while some had prominent mold lines and flash that were just painted over as though that was normal. What shoddy quality control! Even if you make only four adventurer type minis a year, you will make me a happy camper.

Regards,

V

#19 kristof65

kristof65

Captain of the Sky Pirates

• Bones Supporter
  • 6682 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:25 PM

V - take a look at the reapermini.com front page.

In short, Reaper doesn't do LE any more, Asylum does...

My Blog - Warming: May be political

Please check out my wife's Stained Glass page:
KAH Designs

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Member of the ReaperBryan Fan Club.[/font]

#20 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6422 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:26 PM

I read that too. I'm curious to see what Asylum does, but plastics aren't as important to me as metal. Still, I buy them and look forward to more from Denton, TX.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#21 VFults

VFults

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:34 PM

In short, Reaper doesn't do LE any more, Asylum does...

Well, that's an interesting development! Setting up a separate company insulates Reaper from any negative developments if the plastic mini business goes bad, which is a good thing for Reaper. And it should speed up the process of getting LE products on the shelves. I wonder if this will delay the four packs due out next month?

Regards,

V

#22 DARK ELF

DARK ELF

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:37 PM

this is great news! good job guys...
"Hold fast to the truth, for the truth is a pillar. a steadfast pillar that all that all the world cannot shake"

#23 The Crow

The Crow

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:09 AM

I wonder if this will delay the four packs due out next month?

Hopefully not, I am desperately awaiting the opportunity to part with my cash!

I've also ordered some figs direct from here so I can see how long they take to the UK to compare that with Paizo's shipments. That's how desperate I am to have them!

#24 Rakor

Rakor

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:28 PM

Will it be risky or difficult for Reaper to make LE version of dragons?

DDM line still has only few huge dragons,

Huge Red x2
Huge White
Huge Black with a rider (widely disliked because of the rider)
Huge Gold
Huge Blue Dracolich
Aspect of Bahamut
Aspect of Tiamat

The next huge set is not released until this August and will only has 8 huge minis. Even if 2 of them are Huge Chromatic Dragons, they still can't yet provide all the 5 Huge Chromatic Dragons without rider. Also, older DDM minis are hard to get. And/or outrageousely expensive on e-bay. Huge Red Dragon from Giants of Legend set costs about $60-80. The newer ones are much cheaper and somewhere around $20 or so, though.

Most of the Dragons in DHL line are Huge sized ones. And smaller box set dragons such as Ebonwrath or Stormwing can be usable as either Huge or Colossal dragons.

I like to assemble and paint metal dragon models of Reaper as they are really good in quality. But people will definitely buy plastic huge dragons if available in reasonable price and can be bought in retail-price instead of fighting betting-war on e-bay.

Also, Large Dragons will sell well, too. In 4e MM, you can find 2 age categories for large dragons of each colors. And the weakest one is L3 solo. So, we will see more large dragons in sessions now.

When I spoke with the Reaper rep at the booth at Origins last year, they said that the biggest hindrance to dragons is making a cost effective blister to hold the fig, but that they were envisioning as many of their models making it to the Legendary Encounters line. As for Asylum, as they are owned entirely by Reaper (basically a restructure and redivision of resources) I should not think that there will be any delay in the upcoming August releases.

#25 SOldcorn

SOldcorn

Godlike

• GM
  • 2066 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:24 AM

Kobolds and goblins please

#26 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:45 PM

One thing I might like to see is some of those Chronoscope characters be made in LE format - mainly ones like NOVA Sgt. and NOVA guard - the cannonfodder ones.

I'll second the townsfolk packs. Tavern, street vendors and shopkeeps, vagabonds, angry mob, and the list goes on.

It's enough to paint my character models, NPC's, and the encounters. Re-usable set dressing townsfolk would be a luxury.

Sign me up too for this; just note that I'd also like a wider range of townsfolk such as farmers and merchants. Oh; some of these should be female - and NOT strumpets!

U could use the Moroccan merchant from chronoscope for a trader

#27 jsepeta

jsepeta

• Bones Supporter
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:43 AM

1) i'm disappointed that after buying all the LE models that came out last year, no more have been released. i'm in eager anticipation to see what comes out of the new company spin-off. is this the right place for posting about LE?

2) townsfolk and regular people are a GREAT idea. one of the more challenging events I played at DDXP in Ft. Wayne last spring was an adventure where we had to protect a noble's family from the bad guys. then we had a skill challenge trying to save townsfolk from a zombie invasion. townsfolk have so many uses, even though they wouldn't necessarily be used for warfare.

3) spell effects are another great idea. our wizard is often casting a wall of flame or a tower of electricity or grabbing someone with his mage hand or bigby's icy grasp. it would be helpful to have prepainted minis for this task which so far we've been covering with markers and modeling clay.

4) I just can't seem to afford the $$$$ dwarven forge objects (tables, chairs, casks, crates, etc) but these items would be quite helpful for encounters in buildings and streets and dungeons -- either as obstacles that are in the way, improvised weapons during bar fights, or as in one encounter we had at Origins, packages that had to be retrieved and protected when a cart lost its wheel and bandits surrounded us.

5) how about tombstones and statues and stuff we'd find in a graveyard? again, such items would lend themselves to multiple purchases.

The party hasn't really started until the dragon arrives.

#28 Halberkill

Halberkill

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 203 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:53 PM

Aren't the new LE minis supposed to be coming out in august? August is almost over. Has changing from LE to Asylum miniatures delayed them?

Halber

#29 G_S

G_S

Rabble Rouser

• Bones Supporter
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:12 PM

Oh man that's funny. :lol:

:blink: Are there still people who actually think Reaper/Asylum is going to ever make these.
:rolleyes:

#30 soundinnovation

soundinnovation

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:44 AM

Some generic dwarves and gnomes, and maybe a halfling or dragonborn. A small dragon would be cool too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users