wellender

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:57 AM

Gill Man from Creature from the Black Lagoon

Modern Vampires

Action Heroes along the lines of Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Mr. T, Stallone (Rambo) Arnold, etc.

Ash from Evil Dead/Army of Darkness

Chain Smoking Occult Investigator in a Trenchcoat (John Constantine)

Vodoo Priest with Top Hat, possible skull mask

Lovecraft Monsters

Space Knights - Either kind of like Jedi or ROM. Both could be interesting.

#17 wellender

wellender

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:35 AM

Here's some more ideas.

Rocketeers. Pulp and a modern version. Maybe GUARD jump troops for Modern.

Flash Gordon

Ming

Tarzan

Jon Carter

Nurse. Typical horror movie style. More of a Naughty Nurse. Different arms. Shotgun, something you might find in a hospital as a weapon, and an empty hand.

French Maid. Could have arms similar to nurse.

Butler. Could have arms similar to nurse.

Modern Cops

Riot Cops

More Bikers

Wasteland Mauraders. THink Lord Humungous and his guys from Road Warrior.

Feral Child

Mowgli

HAZMAT guys. Maybe GUARD Hazmat.

Atlantean Warriors

#18 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 6234 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:24 AM

Mad Jack beat me to it, so I'll just offer concrete ideas. Let's see Ed Pugh, zombie hunter, armed with a brick. Bryan Stiltz, armed with hot wings, and the rest of the staff too.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#19 murakumo

murakumo

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:59 PM

I really liked the Reaper version of the Gug, and I would like to see more Lovecraft Mythos creatures in the same vein, especially some Deep ones that arn;t minuscule... (human-fish-frog hybrids) along with perhaps an eldrich version of Dagon? basically the same concept as a deep one but... larger.

Also again purely on a personal note... I'd like to see some gaslight era miniatures... (circa 1860's to 1890's.) mainly just some trench coated figures with gaslights/period attire.

I'd also like to see some larger sized monsters.. similar to the behol.... er... eye monster... that was produced a while back. Maybe something like a large demonic turtle?
  • Rozendoo likes this

#20 Ironhammer

Ironhammer

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 254 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:36 PM

A guy on a motorcycle.

They rider should be removable though, so that you can mount him on something else (like a speeder bike :rolleyes: )!

More WWII figures would be nice. Not just those intended for ROTD, but more generalized, like Germans who are actually alive and well, figures from various navies and air forces, resistance fighters, etc. Also (and not to offend anyone), I think that the detail on the current WWII figures could be improved upon. In particular, I think the weapons need some more work. A lot of the barrels are just too thick (especially the Luger and MP-40), and I as yet am unable to find an historical arm which matches the weapon used by the US sniper. Also, the US sergeant has some issues. I think the hand grenade on his webbing is a modern design (I'm not 100% sure of this). Also, although his weapon is a tommy, he is wearing ammo pouches for an M1 Garand.
"To my mind, all good things come to a point....swords for instance" -GK Chesterton Visit my website! http://houseofthegia....wordpress.com/

#21 wellender

wellender

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:41 AM

Lone Ranger

Tonto

The Shadow

The Phantom

Doc Savage
  • NickT likes this

#22 TheDungeonDelver

TheDungeonDelver

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:55 PM

Easy one for me: SF3d like power armor troopers!

• captenglish likes this
The Delver's Dungeon has a new home! www.thedelversdungeon.com

#23 wellender

wellender

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:50 AM

Small Town Sheriff

Park Ranger

High School Kids. Letter Jacket, Cheerleader, Nerds, Etc. For horror type games

I would also like to see a beaver. In college I made a movie called Demonic Beaver about a killer beaver. I can't seem to find a beaver miniature anywhere. I'd really like to game Demonic Beaver. I'm sure I'm the only one though.
  • chris_valera likes this

#24 murakumo

murakumo

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:20 PM

Small Town Sheriff

If they do a small town sheriff his thumbs NEED to be hooked into his belt loops...

If bad movies like "Laserblast" have taught us anything it's that small town sheriffs have their thumbs hooked in their belt buckles *nods*
  • NickT likes this

#25 Lars Porsenna

Lars Porsenna

Godlike

• Members
  • 5256 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:27 PM

Thank you Ironhammer; the biggest gripe I have about the ROTD GIs (besides 1 pose for riflemen, and uninteresting uniform choices) is that the SMGer lacks M1 pouches for his weapon. That's like not including breadbags on Germans (my other pet peeve).

OTOH, I would love to see modern military, like US troops in BDUs/ACUs. I think it would be awesome, AWESOME, AWESOME! if there was a range of '70s era non-Vietnam US troops. I'd use them for modern gaming, but think about all the zombie movies done with the old Army uniforms and M-16A1s!

Damon.
  • NickT likes this
-The Serial Crusher.
-Godlike since 9-09-04.
-My book blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
-My Minis blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
-My thoughts on D&D 4e: Link
-"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
-"Warhammer40000 is your Standard Sci Fi Setting injected with a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Starship Troopers and Star Wars, bathed in blood and turned up to eleventy billion (and then set on fire). Twice. With chainsaws." Quote

#26 wellender

wellender

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:12 AM

Wendigo

Chupacabra

Jersey Devil

Jabberwocky

Beast of Bray Road

Headless Horseman

Cosmonaut Dog

Astronaut Chimp

Deep Sea Divers

Captian Nimo

Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde

Allan Quartermain

Fu Manchu

Moriarty

Robin Hood

His Merry Men and others

King Arthur

Santa Claus

Easter Bunny

#27 Madog Barfog

Madog Barfog

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:35 PM

Reality Show Family.

Just a thought...
Those who don't understand THAC0 (subtracting a small number from another small number) should probably not admit to it in public.

#28 bikerdrew

bikerdrew

Godlike

• Members
  • 1134 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:15 AM

I'd like to see some figures inspired by 'Perdido Street Station' by China Mieville. Wyrmen, Steam constructs, Remade, Hedgehog men, Cactus men, frog people (I can't remember their name and I don't have the book handy - begins with Voy) Kephri and general frock-coated flintlock wielding strangerness.
"we'll not risk another frontal assault... That Rabbits dynamite!" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

#29 Damn Lucky

Damn Lucky

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:24 PM

Hey! I'm new to the fourm but a long time fan of Reaper.

One of my favorite loves is the 19th Century and more specifically the Victorian period. Industrial Revolution and all of that. But I have always been disappointed in the lack of Miniatures for this time period.

This would be things like Victorian Era Ladies, Gentlemen, Ragamuffins, and ect.

When I saw the Sherlock Homes Miniature this made me very excited at the prospect of more miniatures for this time period.

Miniatures for Sherlock Homes Villains, and other SteamPunk/Gaslight themas would be very cool additions. Some ideas include.

-Zeppelin Piolets
-Late 19th Century/WWI style infantry and soldiers (WWI Germans and Britsh would be cool.)
-Victorian/Gothic Mad Scientists (Think Dr.Frankenstein, the Invisable man.)
-Gothic Horror (Victorian era Vampires, Zombies, Wearwolfs, Ghosts)
-H.G. Wells Fiction. So The Time Machine, War Of the Worlds for example (As described in the book. Not any of the crappy movies.)

Edit: *Hive-fives murakumo*

Apart from that the only thing I'd really like to see is more poses for the Reich of the Dead line. Right now we only have one poses for the basic rifles. (Two if you count the sniper.)

Considering these guys would make up the majority of a army this is alittle disappointing. I personally would like to see 3-5 diffrent poses for the basic rifle. So that way poses could be mixed and matched as to hide repeating poses in the squads. a Crouched Firing, and a pose with them turning the bolt both standing and crouched would make a very good firing squad.

Also we got big foot now. Some more Cryptids would also be a great addition to the line. Here is a awesome list of Cryptids I found that could be used for ideas to explain the line.
http://en.wikipedia....ist_of_cryptids

The Chronscope line has quickly become one of my favorite miniature lines, and I hope to soon make some orders from it! (I had to finish other miniatures after all!)

Sorry if I just said alot in one go. I've just been psyched about this new line. And the Jack the Ripper and Sherlock Homes miniatures have just utterly got me pyched. I don't know what I would realy do with them. Maby do a Table Top RPG?

*shrugs*

I just love the possibility here, and would love to try and sneak some steam punk into a 40k army some day. Or Maby use in a Victorian Themed City Fight board.
XD

#30 bettagirl

bettagirl

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:26 PM

This request is more for my dad then myself. (but I'd be the one to paint it.)
And being the cool, motorcycle riding, 63 yr. old that he is, he would like to see a "nude chick" on a bike.
Not in the 28mm scale, but in 54mm instead. (like I said he's 63, and he can't see the detail in the 28's. Even with his glasses.)

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users