#1291 Mastergunz

Mastergunz

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:57 AM

I found the instagram post in question: http://instagram.com...JmA/?modal=true

It mentions rapid prototypes, so who knows if it ever developed past that stage.

Well I know Ray at catalyst asked us to paint up a few for Gencon last year......2 weeks before the con and we were all rushing to get the CSO diorama pieces finsihed and shipped out so no one was able. They had the unpainted examples at GenCon but I haven't heard what happened after that.

-Gunz

#1292 Pingo

Pingo

Godlike

• Members
  • 8488 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:38 PM

Been watching and reading various "Les Misérables" things.

I would like to see French Revolutionaries, a Sans-Culottes guy in trousers with a phrygian cap, a woman with big hair and knitting, an Incroyable with a huge bicorne and his female counterpart, a Marveilleuse with her wild hair and shawl, and a shouting woman with short hair and an empire dress.

Okay, these are probably really niche interests.

But wouldn't it be fun to have some wild civilians to go with those Napoleonic armies.
  • Dr_Automaton likes this

I built a boat. Spelljammer pictures here.

Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.
-- Terry Pratchett

"Therefore, O Painter, make your smaller figures merely indicated and not highly finished, otherwise you will produce effects the opposite to nature, your supreme guide"
-- Leonardo da Vinci

"All alternate histories produce zeppelins."
-- Ken Hite's Law

#1293 Mad Jack

Mad Jack

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1562 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:13 PM

I'd love some some straight-up not-Les-Mis characters, but I'd be happy to settle for generic characters...

• Dr_Automaton likes this

Spoiler

"Oh, not  you... We named the hat "Jack"."

#1294 Slendertroll

Slendertroll

Eternal Scout

• Bones Supporter
  • 3006 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:11 AM

This may have already come up, but I have it on the brain again: I'd really love some mounted cowboys. Reaper has a huge line of western figures, but not one of them is on horseback. I'd even settle for a rearing horse in appropriate gear (reins, saddle, stirrups, etc). The only other horses are either underdressed (Nefsokar riders seem to ride bareback on little carpets) or overdressed, in the case of knights and such.

Bones, of course, would make this way more affordable, as opposed to the $10+ for metal horses, and easier to cut the riders off and put the cowpoke of your choosing up there.

• Pingo, redambrosia, Chaoswolf and 1 other like this

BLACK LIVES MATTER

#1295 MikeD

MikeD

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:22 AM

This may have already come up, but I have it on the brain again: I'd really love some mounted cowboys. Reaper has a huge line of western figures, but not one of them is on horseback.

There is at least one other miniatures company I know who do Wild West figures, with a mounted and on foot version of each figure sold together.  It would be great to see something like that from Reaper! 

• HornedTurtle and Chaoswolf like this
Mike
- Lord of the Unpainted Hoard!

#1296 Pingo

Pingo

Godlike

• Members
  • 8488 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:14 PM

Gorgonopsids or similar biggish pre-dinosaur riding-suitable reptiles.  I hear a certain TaleSpinner might be interested in sculpting them too.

• Brother Jim, dsmiles, redambrosia and 2 others like this

I built a boat. Spelljammer pictures here.

Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.
-- Terry Pratchett

"Therefore, O Painter, make your smaller figures merely indicated and not highly finished, otherwise you will produce effects the opposite to nature, your supreme guide"
-- Leonardo da Vinci

"All alternate histories produce zeppelins."
-- Ken Hite's Law

#1297 dsmiles

dsmiles

Hello, I'm the Doctor.

• Bones Supporter
  • 5338 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:16 PM

From the Travels of Sir ForScale:

not-Bunnicula

undead vegetables

And pretty much the rest of the books I grew up on.

EDIT: Also resin vignette bases for sci-fi, steampunk, modern, and wild west.

• Qwyksilver, redambrosia and HornedTurtle like this

My WarmaHordes Minis.

My Index.
@suntzu69 on Twitter
Appearing in Boldly Into Darkness Go: Down the Murder Hole as John Wesley, Gun Mage.

Currently Judge for Big Darn Heroes.

#1298 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15288 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:27 PM

OMG, Bunnicula!

I could paint him for my students.  And give him as a reward for reading the book!

• dsmiles, Pingo, redambrosia and 2 others like this

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#1299 Chaoswolf

Chaoswolf

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2551 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:53 PM

This may have already come up, but I have it on the brain again: I'd really love some mounted cowboys. Reaper has a huge line of western figures, but not one of them is on horseback.

There is at least one other miniatures company I know who do Wild West figures, with a mounted and on foot version of each figure sold together.  It would be great to see something like that from Reaper! 

I agree with both of the above ideas.

Chaoswolf is Wolf, woodsman and warrior in

Boldly Into Darkness Go.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users