Sign in to follow this  
joshuaslater

Online store

I see there's some work being done in the online store and it's inaccessible right now. The cool thing however, is free shipping on orders of $25 dollars or more. That's a nice touch, in these ugly times.

Will the Boneyard be resurrected in this transition, too?

What's that now? Free what? $25 you say? Well then, that's promising. Especially since no FLSG's are stocking the new Pro Paints, and I'm addicted to Moon Silver.

I'm not sure what you mean by inaccessible. The store is quite up and running. Just go to any area where you would usually browse product (like the Miniatures Gallery, Latest Releases, Paints or whatnot) and follow the information from the Online Store page to add items to your shopping list (generally by either clicking the [+1] or the "Add to List" buttons). Once something has been added to your list, some more buttons will pop up near the top, including a shopping cart "Buy Now" button. The whole site practically *is* the store now.

~v

Edited by Shakandara

Hmmm. Can't seem to add Pro Paints. Also, how do I add odds and ends items usually found only in the store?

Also also! Can I use my old store login (doesn't look like it).

Also also! Can I use my old store login (doesn't look like it).

Your login is now your e-mail address. The password is still the same, and once you log in it will identify you by your old handle. At least that's how it works for me.

Okay. I'm still finding my way around, after being used to the old setup. I can't find where they have their brushes, and also their metal bases. It looks like the gallery and the store are one and the same, so I can see the logic behind the switch. Also it's in transition, so I'll wait a little longer.

Interesting.

Well I found the bases, by typing "bases" in the search engine. I hope the 2" metal ones have two in the pack, or three at that price. I'm guessing the Mil-Net stuff is in there too, just getting sorted.

Ok , well the store does not work for me nor will it accept the login or password I've had for the last 6 years . :wacko:

What gives ? :angry:

Here's the skinny for folks, in no particular order.

First off, sorry I haven't checked in before. I've been a little busy. ::D:

Ok, so I had a hardware issue that necessitated a new server. That's going pretty well. However, some necessary upgrades borked the old store beyond repair. Rather than create a secondary solution that would have caused as many problems as it solved, I decided to go ahead and throw the switch on direct ordering within the main site -- enough people had asked, and we were going to do it anyway -- it was just a matter of when.

All the old store data is still there, it's just not accessible. This doesn't do you much good, I know. Later this week, you should be able to access your old order history or carts, if you had them. I just have to finish the little front-end I'm making to allow for such access. This will do you good. I'll also be adding in gift certificate order completion in a similar timeframe, so if you had a cert with a balance on it, you'll be able to use it to cash out.

The old login doesn't work directly in the new site, but getting a new one is dead simple. All I ask for is an email address and a password. Everything else is optional. You don't even need to register to check out. So, for Brushmaster, I hope the choices made to ease the transition offset the unfortunate evil of abandoning the old logins.

The Boneyard is coming back! Oh yes! I'm getting the final touches on price updates this week, and we'll be adding pics as we get to them. You'll love the new boneyard section. In addition to its own link, I'll be adding the pieces to a multipart figure to that figure's detail shot. That should make it much easier for you hard-core converters to have a better idea of what you're getting and what you'd like to swap.

I'll also have a link for the figures that aren't available through distribution anymore. The so-called Discontinued section is exciting to me for other reasons which I'll be revealing later this week. :;):

The old stock is coming back online as I can get to it all. I was caught a little flatfooted, and have spent the last week scrambling to get stuff back. Expect to see stuff like brushes and bases Monday or Tuesday.

The bases are multipack, by the way. There should be a little number in parenthesis to indicate quantity per pack, but it didn't get added for some reason. I'll get the descriptions updated to reflect this.

Mil-Net CAV are going to be added back, but they're fairly low on the list.

I'm also making the main navigation for the entire site much more obvious in regard to product lines, and simplifying the rest. Let's see. Also adding a site-universal product search box...

So much to do. But it's an exciting time. No more is the store relegated to an obscure little corner of the website. Yep, good times.

Oh wow..being able to see the prices of models and add them to the wishlist from ANYWHERE on the site (besides the forums of course) is a REAL improvement!!!

I'll send you a cupcake if you can find a way to make the BL store integrate with this.

Where is the search feature? Is it all rolled up into the "Figure Finder" now?

Was trying to search for your counters to link in a different forum for a shameless plug but can't seem to find them. Looked using the "Figure Finder" and it didn't come up with anything... so I figure that's still for figures only! =)

Thx