Sign in to follow this  
joshuaslater

Show Off changes.

I seem to remember when I first started posting here that critiques were implied when you posted in the Show Off section. Then someone got their feelings hurt, and the people who were posting the most helpful critiques (to me, at least), stopped posting.

Now it seems like getting a solid critique here is like pulling teeth.

That is one reason I've been doing WIPs. You get a lot better advice and critiques there when people know you aren't done with the figure yet.

I seem to remember when I first started posting here that critiques were implied when you posted in the Show Off section. Then someone got their feelings hurt, and the people who were posting the most helpful critiques (to me, at least), stopped posting.

Now it seems like getting a solid critique here is like pulling teeth.

That is one reason I've been doing WIPs. You get a lot better advice and critiques there when people know you aren't done with the figure yet.

I agree; I haven't done WIPs lately (I am for my contest figure that I might post.. but it'll be done so it wouldn't get updated) and the advice given there is amazing. However, when I post figs on the show off, I'm lucky to get 5 posts on it. To me, the advice and critiques help me get better and it makes me want to pull my hair out when I get nothing. Sometimes I even feel like begging for critiques!!