Rhyme or Reason - Chronoscope Bases

9 replies to this topic

#1 EbonStorms

EbonStorms

Rabble Rouser

• Bones Supporter
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:25 PM

How are the bases for Chronoscope miniatures selected? Some are square, some are 25mm round and some are 30mm beveled round. Are they whatever is available or is there a particular reason for the selection?

#2 Vil-hatarn

Vil-hatarn

Godlike

• Black Lightning
  • 1871 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:36 PM

I'm pretty sure it's just whatever fits...
Elves Rule!

deviantArt

#3 Froggy the Great

Froggy the Great

Apostrophe Ninja

• 17117 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:41 PM

I believe all the man-sized standard figures come on the round lipped bases - the pictures may just be taken with whatever's there. Not a Reaperpeep, so I can't say.

"You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up."

Spoiler

Gallery of Froggyness

irc.sorcery.net #reaper

Wonderland No More

#4 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Godlike

• Members
  • 3751 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:02 PM

'Tain't so. My El Diablo wrestler figure came with a square base.

Not that I'm complaining.

"Actually, I DO look like my avatar..." tumblr_me9zrqN4dK1rao9jio1_400.jpg

Bringer of Gonturzaps

http://www.reapermin...040-gonturzaps/

#5 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 9687 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:26 AM

We originally began the line using the non-lipped 25mm round base. When our supplies began to run low, we did like any responsible miniatures company and called our supplier to reorder -- only to learn that they had fallen prey to the rough economy and were no longer operating. While we scrambled to find a new supplier, we ran out, and were forced to switch to our square Warlord bases as a stopgap - it was either that or stop making them until we got new bases - somethign we didn't want to do.

We found a new supplier, but the kind they offered that was inside the margin that would mean we wouldn't have to raise prices had a beveled edge. It was prettier, and a lot of us liked it, so we decided to go with that. Then something strange happened - Chronoscope sales and popularity shot through the roof! It has been a popular line from its inception, but suddenly, restock and initial orders of new releases went up. Our 6 month supply of bases became a 4 month supply, and we ran out again! Once again we were forced to use our square bases for a week while an emergency supply of round bases was shipped to us.

Currently, we have the beveled round bases again, but many of you will notice square bases on a lot of figures - dependent entirely on when the figure was made.

On a similar note, at the same time as we ran out of round bases, we ran out of the Grey cards, and were forced to use DHL green cards and write "Chronoscope" really big at the top.

Let me just say, anticipating "supplies required" is one job here I'm glad I don't have!

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#6 mercoutlaw

mercoutlaw

Uber-Mensch

• Black Lightning
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:53 AM

All I can say is that I appreciate that a base is included at all. There are many other companies that produce bases cheap and make them readily available. When I started playing CAV I noticed something that other metal mini robot games did not do...they included the hex base! I am very glad to hear that Chronoscope is so popular that Reaper cannot keep bases in stock for it, that is very very very good news to me.
"Mercy," they cry, every one,
But he's got none of that.
Left a trail of blood and tears
'Til King of Hell, he sat

Posted Image

#7 EbonStorms

EbonStorms

Rabble Rouser

• Bones Supporter
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:42 PM

Thanks for the info. No complaints but I was just wondering. Really good news on the high sales.

#8 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Godlike

• Members
  • 3751 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:13 PM

Ah, that presupposes plentiful Chrono figures and continuation and expansion of the line?

Works for me. :devil:

"Actually, I DO look like my avatar..." tumblr_me9zrqN4dK1rao9jio1_400.jpg

Bringer of Gonturzaps

http://www.reapermin...040-gonturzaps/

#9 Outkast Samurai

Outkast Samurai

Metal Daimyo

• Black Lightning
  • 2055 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:21 AM

That's actually great news to hear. I love the Chronoscope line and keep my FLGS going with getting them as they come out.

One thing this topic line made me think of was The Phantom Tollbooth. The Princess of sweet rhyme and the Princess of pure reason. I wouldn't mind seeing quite a few of the characters from that book hit the Chronoscope line.
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain
BL:OH018

#10 Redfeild

Redfeild

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:43 PM

Answered a question I've been meaning to ask for a while.

Glad to hear chronoscope is doing so well! I've loved this line from the onset. Even seen a couple requests I made ages ago.
Thank you Reaper for Candy, Anime Heroin.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users