Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Bedlam

BIG mothers!

Any plans to produce more of the larger Reaper figures in plastic?

I'm thinking specifically of the items I could stand to have in multiples. Reaper just produced a peachy new Stone Giant figure, for example. This is an underrepresented figure, in my book -- nowhere near enough of them made by ALL the companies, much less any particular one. DDM has produced a couple, but they're a pain in the bahonkus to get, what with random packaging and all.

The metal one? Sure. But if they came in plastic, with the same corresponding drop in price, I'd buy half a dozen without blinking. They're cheap, easy to modify and re-pose, and paintable if I want.

Dragons? Nah. Dragons are a labor of love, and I really don't need dragons by the three-pack... but it occurs to me there are several figures that Reaper DOES make that would be absolute money magnets if they came in plastic... in particular, the giants and ogres...

Any plans to produce more of the larger Reaper figures in plastic?

It all comes down to mold cost. The fewer pieces on a mold the more cost that needs to be deferred into the finished goods.

Eventually, when we get the ball rolling a bit more, we may make larger pieces as we establish the line and we can justify the dollars spent to get a project off the ground. Consider that a large piece like the Warlord Hill Giant (14205) could end up being two molds. That's a lot of up front capitol when we could produce 4-12 models with the same money. Unless we are can sell 4-12 times as many of something larger, it may be a while before we invest the kind of dollars it would take to get it done. I am hopeful that eventually we can go down that path!

It all comes down to mold cost. The fewer pieces on a mold the more cost that needs to be deferred into the finished goods.

Eventually, when we get the ball rolling a bit more, we may make larger pieces as we establish the line and we can justify the dollars spent to get a project off the ground. Consider that a large piece like the Warlord Hill Giant (14205) could end up being two molds. That's a lot of up front capitol when we could produce 4-12 models with the same money. Unless we are can sell 4-12 times as many of something larger, it may be a while before we invest the kind of dollars it would take to get it done. I am hopeful that eventually we can go down that path!

Nothin' like a straightforward answer. Thanks, Clark.