• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Draugr

Draugr

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:55 PM

Hi all.

This is my first post. I have recently discovered and purchased the entire line of Legendary Encounters for a game I am making. I love these minis and wanted to ask if there is an approximate release date for the next set and if possible how many minis are expected in the next set?

I feel these minis are great and will go perfect with the game I am creating as well as the Dwarven Forge Master Maze tiles I will be using.

[This is my current LE Set] I'm looking to expand it with new minis from Reaper. :)

Skeleton Warriors x6
Skeleton Spearmen x6
Skeleton Archers x3
Zombie x6
Ghost x3
Orc Warriors w/ Simitars x6
Orc Spearmen x6
Orc Archers x3
Cave Troll x2
Great Worm x2
Evil Human Warrior x1
Bathalian x2
Good Human Warrior x1
Female Human Ranger x1
Minotaur of the Maze x1
Elf Archer x1
Ogre Chieftain x1

Reaper Transport Case x1

#2 G_S

G_S

Rabble Rouser

• Bones Supporter
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:51 AM

I wouldn't hold your breath, if they ever do release anything it will in theory be 4-6 minis a month every other month.

But that was the smoke of about 6 months ago they were talking about getting started on wave 3, it's 6 months later and nothing yet, as they have had problems, so I'd give it another year and you may see another a 5 new minis.

Back in March they were talking about trying to put in the order for next wave, then 4 months till the products done.

http://www.reapermin...mp;#entry504996

Future releases:

Ed has just passed the LE line off to me to manage and I must say, I am very excited about it! I've recruited Ron (he manages all of the metal release as far as what is being sculpted) to help me get the line on track. Between the two of us, I think we can do some great things.

My first goal is to get us on track for regular, smaller releases. Each new release is a significant investment for us. So by doing, say, 4 new pieces every other month will allow us to have something new coming out regularly. It will also create a smaller investment to bite off and this should help get the whole cyclic engine going. We will be scrapping the web page as it is now and modifying it shortly. All of the prototype pieces that are pictured there, that we have not ordered yet, will come down and be reconsidered later.

The next goal is to set up a reordering system to insure a minimal amount of delay, if any, between outages. We have an MOQ we must meet so each reorder is a significant investment for us too. If I can get the engine generating consistent moneys then it will all fall into place.

I'm going to try to get the first round to China by the end of this month (looking more like the middle of Jan at this point). It takes about 3-4 months after that to get the final production to our dock. Then, while the first batch is in their hands, I hope to send something to China every other month until we can get a pattern going strong. Once the engine is tuned, I will move to every month if it is justified. The first year or so will help me work out the logistics of ordering and reordering so I can get procedures and policies in place.

We are also working on larger sized blister cards, about 8.5"x5.5" (or 1/2 of a piece of paper) and an 8.5 x 11 card, so we can do some larger models like giants and bigger dragons. They won't be as heavy as metal so we shouldn't have the problem of blisters falling off of the cards like we had to solve with the metal minis.

If we do these cards, the larger pieces will be "outside" the regular schedule of every other month. As a result, their will hopefully be more frequent releases then once every other month anyway. We have a few ideas for the bigger pieces that we will start with, but I'm not going to say anything about what that will be yet. I can tell you that we will be able to do some bigger stuff that would be way to expensive in metal, making the big stuff potentially a lot of fun and unique to the LE line.

One of my snags will be having to use China for other product lines taking away from my budget, but Iíll cross that bridge as I approach it.

We will just have to see what happens, but this is my hope for the line's future.

Then in March they were having problems, so looks like it's on the same track it's been on.

http://www.reapermin...amp;qpid=511343

Ok, I wasn't abel to get this going as fast as I had hoped. There are a lot of logistics involved with this whole process. Since it isn't done in house, there is a lot of up front work that has to be done and not enough time to do it!

Anyhoo,

We have the next lot ready to go over for a quote, now we just have to snap the photos and write up the paperwork. Ed has been out of the office this week, so we hope to get r done next week.

I doubt if we will show previews of upcoming figs until we actually get a quote and place the order. Once this occurs, I will try to get previews up ASAP. We have discovered that what we send over is not always "doable" so there is no point in getting your hopes up for something until we know for sure we are going to order it.

I can tell you, part of getting ready was selecting the first 100 minis or so that we are thinking of doing in plastic. This will help us keep things moving forward at a steady pace (I hope!).

It is still my goal to offer 4-6 new pieces, every other month, from the next release forward. It's just getting the first one going! Eee-gads!

We are doing our best on this end!

#3 kristof65

kristof65

Captain of the Sky Pirates

• Bones Supporter
  • 6675 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:33 AM

OTOH - Reaper's announcement of Warlord 2 caught a lot of people off guard - I think that rather than having to say SOONTM too often, now they are keeping a close lid on things . My guess? That we won't hear anything about Wave 3 or 4 until they are very close to being able to ship.

My Blog - Warming: May be political

Please check out my wife's Stained Glass page:
KAH Designs

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Member of the ReaperBryan Fan Club.[/font]

#4 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 8605 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:04 AM

I can say that we have not abandoned the line, and are working with the plastics manufacturer to resolve our issues. I know the delays in production are disappointing, and I appreciate everyone's patience.

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#5 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 6232 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:09 AM

Having just gotten some greens back from the caster and started stuffing them in plastic bags, I will never give Reaper or any other company in this business any complaints again.

Just getting that accomplished and waiting on painters to open shop has been exhausting.

I can't even imagine the headaches of a metal miniature company making a foray into plastics from China.

Keep up the good work, and I'll buy the next ones when they come out.

Cheers.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#6 ReaperClark

ReaperClark

What Miniatures Should Look Like

• Bones Supporter
  • 542 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:07 PM

I can say that we have not abandoned the line, and are working with the plastics manufacturer to resolve our issues. I know the delays in production are disappointing, and I appreciate everyone's patience.

I can tell you we got the quote for the next lot and as soon as we place the purchase order I will get the announcement of what we are ordering (with pictures) up ASAP. It's happening... really!
Matt Clark Production Director Reaper Miniatures

#7 Draugr

Draugr

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:53 PM

I can tell you we got the quote for the next lot and as soon as we place the purchase order I will get the announcement of what we are ordering (with pictures) up ASAP. It's happening... really!

I'm Psyched! I can't get enough of these minis. I like most of my DDM minis but don't think I'm going to like the latest release Dangerous Delves. They look too cartoonish to me so I'm looking forward to using the Reaper LE minis. :)

Question, will there be a priest or cleric and mage good player model in this set? In the inital or at least currently available figures there seem to be a good warrior, ranger and elf archer, but no casters. :)

Thanks and I look forward to the new releases when they are ready.

John

#8 ReaperClark

ReaperClark

• Bones Supporter
  • 542 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:42 PM

Question, will there be a priest or cleric and mage good player model in this set? In the initial or at least currently available figures there seem to be a good warrior, ranger and elf archer, but no casters.

To answer this question...

Not with the next round because they are...

Goblins (3)
Werewolf
Bugbear
Giant Spider

I'll get an announcement on the front page with pics as quickly as I can get it done. These minis should be coming out as a late August release. Then from there, like I said before, look for a few to come out every other month. I've already got the quote for the ones to follow this release, but I'm not telling until we actually order them, sorry! My plan is coming to fruition, finally!

#9 Draugr

Draugr

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:42 PM

Thanks for the news on the next set. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics of the next set. Giant Spiders will go good with my game. :)

I have one other question. I think somewhere on these forums or on the website I saw a pic with gnolls, a female demon and some others. Will those be released eventually? The gnolls looked really great and I'd love to add them to my game.

Thanks Again for the update.

John

#10 ReaperClark

ReaperClark

• Bones Supporter
  • 542 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:33 PM

I saw a pic with gnolls, a female demon and some others. Will those be released eventually?

Not as they were pictured, if at all.

#11 Redfeild

Redfeild

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:34 PM

OTOH - Reaper's announcement of Warlord 2 caught a lot of people off guard - I think that rather than having to say SOONTM too often, now they are keeping a close lid on things . My guess? That we won't hear anything about Wave 3 or 4 until they are very close to being able to ship.

I think all gaming companies could learn from that. Cry wolf too many times and people start yelling vaporwear.

#12 kristof65

kristof65

Captain of the Sky Pirates

• Bones Supporter
  • 6675 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:24 PM

Seems I may have been right:

http://www.reapermin...?...c=36229&hl=

My Blog - Warming: May be political

Please check out my wife's Stained Glass page:
KAH Designs

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Member of the ReaperBryan Fan Club.[/font]

#13 Erion

Erion

Paragon of Mediocrity

• Members
  • 5340 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:28 PM

I am cautiously optimistic.

I'll likely buy oodles of goblins and bugbears when they hit.
Providing A Public-Access Repository of Useless Knowledge since 1973.

A flaw in the human character is that everyone wants to build and nobody wants to do maintenance."
--Kurt Vonnegut

"The greatest enemy of your creative powers is smug complacency -- being satisfied with less than what you are capable of doing." --Nido Qubein

#14 ReaperClark

ReaperClark

• Bones Supporter
  • 542 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:23 PM

OK, the pics are up on the front page! I'm getting excited! Now it is just a waiting game while they are produced.

#15 tabascojunkie

tabascojunkie

Bruce Almighty

• Members
  • 2136 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:33 PM

Yay, goblins! I'll buy several of those.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users