2.0 Faction Thread Split

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14210 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:44 PM

With Warlord 2.0 on the horizon, and the beta copy becoming available to more of you, I will be splitting off these old Tactic threads and starting some new ones for the new edition.

Like in the past, I will keep all the old threads linked in the first post for historical reference.

I will likely take care of it Sunday night (if the kids let me have a couple minutes of peace in the evening).

And no need to worry about the Razig and Korborlas and Bloodstone threads, etc. I won't let them die off just because they are not one of the original 10.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#2 BKBass

BKBass

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:31 PM

Thanks man!
Chronicle of the Void, your next Sci-Fi RPG! Click the Pic!
Posted Image

#3 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 6234 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:34 PM

I gotta hand it to all the playtesters and Reaper peeps. Kings to you.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#4 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14210 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:53 AM

The delay in the threads is only an indication of my own familiy's inability to go to bed at a reasonable hour, and not the taint of Soon™ on WL2 in general :lol:

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

#5 Stubbdog

Stubbdog

Obssessive Over-Analyzer

• Bones Supporter
  • 6979 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:35 AM

Well, until it actually releases, it would be more of a teaser thing anyway, so its all good.

At this point it would be a bunch of people that do not have access to the beta asking people that do have it what's in it. And that is not fair to either set of people. Because it is still in beta right up until the time it gets released, those that do have access to the beta should not have to spend the last playtest time answering those type of questions. And those that dont have it should be teased by comments about things that they cant share in.

So, personally, I think its a good thing that you have not created them yet. I would almost prefer that they do not get made until the release date or at least just before.

#6 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14210 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:52 AM

The 10 Core Factions appearing in Warlord, Second Edition now have their own threads.

The Koroborlas, Bloodstone Gnomes and Razig's Revenge shall not be forgotten. Look for them in a follow up book later this year, including 5 new factions!

Until their new cards are released, I will keep the existing threads for these three factions open and pinned.

Edited by Qwyksilver, 01 June 2009 - 10:59 AM.

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543

- Argentee

#7 sethohman

sethohman

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1793 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:09 AM

So, I am to understand that as Razig is my only real faction without proxy (I can do Reven with mostly GW models), I have to wait for book 2 to play them?
Bummer :down: :down:

Mike

I hope never to be a giraffe named Marius in Denmark.

#8 lord siwoc

lord siwoc

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:01 PM

Hugs......

Think of it as christmas. You can see your present, all wrapped up.
But you are not allowed to open it just yet!!!!

#9 shakhak

shakhak

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3076 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:02 PM

So, I am to understand that as Razig is my only real faction without proxy (I can do Reven with mostly GW models), I have to wait for book 2 to play them?
Bummer :down: :down:

Their stats will be available online like they always have been. The models that exist will be upgraded to 2.0, but they won't be expanded until a later book.

Don't worry though. The faction is in good hands.

A cool RTS from one of the designers of Warlord 2.0 Cairn

CustomKorborlas64.jpgReptus.gifDarkspawn.gif

#10 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14210 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:55 AM

Razig, BSG and Dog Soldiers will remain playable in 2.0 even before their book is released later in the year. I've not heard if there will be Faction Special Abilities assigned or if those will wait until the book, but the Data Cards will be updated.

They will still be able to be played.

They haven't been obsoleted.

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543

- Argentee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users