Qwyksilver

Elves

109 posts in this topic

The Council of Tirithial has met and the incursions of Outsiders upon the Vale can no longer go unheeded. Answer the clarion call to war. Gather your bow, your tomes, your blades and go swiftly to the front lines. Defend your land before the Vale is soaked in the blood of slaughtered Elves.

For historical reference, feel free to visit past Faction discussion threads:

Elves 2008

Elves 2007

Ceynuudnra Aelvari 1.2

Ceynuudnra Aelvari

ok, new book is out today. . .people have it.

spill your guts like the stinky orc i know you are. . .

ok, new book is out today. . .people have it.

spill your guts like the stinky orc i know you are. . .

I haven't gotten my copy yet.

And I bathed last month!

I have mine. Its quite a different game. Magic is very different, instead of buying spells, caster have a number of tomes or collections of spells thay can choose to use and a spell point pool. Many new and changed special abilities. The elves no longer have a wood elf type list. Only a few of the cards from the wood elf list made the cut Centaurs, Centaur captain, fairies and rangers. although rangers no longer have a RA. All soldiers took a big cut in DV, MA, MAV, RA, RAV and damage tracks as did many elites and leaders. Warlords and Monsters mostly did not. Larnatch is a warlord now. On the magic side Wizardly (4) elves only have access to the open or common list of spells (dispel,anti-burrow, anti-fly), Arcane spells, Ice (1 mage only) and storm spells. No fireball, or firestorm for elves. Cleric type casters(only 2) get divine and restore.

I have not played yet but will get my first game in Saturday using.

Larnatch troop

Caerwyn, MRW

Peruhain

Vale Archer

Vale Archer

Vale Warrior

Vale Warrior

Standard

Blademaster

Blademaster

Blademaster

Chiral book tactics troop

Centaur

Centaur

Hunting Cat

Hunting Cat

Hunting Cat

Musician

Treeman

Giant Eagle

Wouldn't want Smokey the Bear comin' after them for burnin' down the forest!

A combination of Lanarch or Lyssette and ol Mossy gains a very powerful possibility of teleport and TRAMPLE.

The kitties have become favorites as the new road blocks for archers to shoot over.

The unicorn's ability to blink and come up with a possible 3 point play makes him a fun thing to surprise your enemy with.

And the non-soldier archers are what separate the elves from the rest of the pack when it comes to ranged shooting.

Oh, and you may not have fireballs anymore, but you have the lots of lightning instead.

The big surprise for the Elves is the number of Healers they gained overall. Don't overlook them at all. Healing is a huge thing in this version of the game.

Only a few of the cards from the wood elf list made the cut Centaurs, Centaur captain, fairies and rangers. although rangers no longer have a RA.

The Rangers did not make the core Elves list. The Vale Rangers are new; the old Rangers are now part of the Wood Elf list, and will keep their Ranged Attack. If you check the Stock # on the Vale Ranger card, you will find that it refers you to DHL model 3195 instead of the Ranger model 14466.

Also, FWIW, the Elves are not alone in not having access to certain tomes. Most factions favor 1 or 2 tomes over the others (like Arcane and Storm for the Elves), and either completely lack or have very limited access to some of the others. This was intentional; it gives the casters of each faction a unique flavor.

~v

Edited by Shakandara

I just got my 2nd ed. book, love it! but - - where's Eawod?

My understanding is Eawod will be part of a new faction 'Wood Elves' to be released later this year in an expansion book. Personally, I proxy my Eawod model for Selwyn...I find the names gender neutral.

Well, Eawod is actually an Acronym:

Elven Archer Warlord of Doom!

When it first came out, he was unnamed, and he was referred to as the "Elven Archer Warlord of Doom" and it stuck. That's a bit clumsy of a name so it was quickly shortened to Eawod. It then became his official name.

True story.

Well, Eawod is actually an Acronym:

Elven Archer Warlord of Doom!

When it first came out, he was unnamed, and he was referred to as the "Elven Archer Warlord of Doom" and it stuck. That's a bit clumsy of a name so it was quickly shortened to Eawod. It then became his official name.

True story.

That's fantastic info! Thank You!

My understanding is Eawod will be part of a new faction 'Wood Elves' to be released later this year in an expansion book. Personally, I proxy my Eawod model for Selwyn...I find the names gender neutral.

Thanks for the info!! But what of Lorielle Silverrain? She's not listed in the Mercenary faction in the new book either - maybe she will be joining Eawod Silverrain in the Wood Elves?

Lorielle will be part of the Sisterhood, along with all the blade sisters from the Mercs.

Lorielle will be part of the Sisterhood, along with all the blade sisters from the Mercs.

Sweet. I was worried, two of my favorite models and neither were in the book :)

Not much Elf activity so I thought I would post my current most effective elf list

Troop 1

Larnach the Grey

Familiar

Caerwynn

Vale Swordsman x 3

Death Seeker x 3

Hunting Cat x 2

Troop 2

Arnise, Deathseeker

Death Seeker x 4

Vale Swordsman

Niriodel

Luck Stone

Troop 3

Varashia

Vale Archer x 4

Troop 4

Mossbeard the Treeman

Troop 5

Silvermaine, Unicorn

I like to use the stand off archery power to force the enemy to close. 2 Caerwynn or Caerwynn with 3" AOE is good incentive to get close. The treeman and death seekers are potent at taking down hand 2 hand forces. Larnatch and his familiar can get off some sneaky LB action too. The Unicorn is a cheap anti-caster missle.

Have not tried against a heavy cav or flyer list yet.

Next I am going to work on a list without Treeman or Caerwynn, GASP