Elves

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14694 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:02 AM

The Council of Tirithial has met and the incursions of Outsiders upon the Vale can no longer go unheeded. Answer the clarion call to war. Gather your bow, your tomes, your blades and go swiftly to the front lines. Defend your land before the Vale is soaked in the blood of slaughtered Elves.

For historical reference, feel free to visit past Faction discussion threads:
Elves 2008
Elves 2007
Ceynuudnra Aelvari 1.2
Ceynuudnra Aelvari

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#2 Darthiir

Darthiir

Dark Lord of Puppies

• Black Lightning
  • 1097 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:51 PM

ok, new book is out today. . .people have it.

spill your guts like the stinky orc i know you are. . .

I am the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything.

#3 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14694 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:24 PM

ok, new book is out today. . .people have it.

spill your guts like the stinky orc i know you are. . .

I haven't gotten my copy yet.
And I bathed last month!

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

#4 merlonc

merlonc

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:48 PM

I have mine. Its quite a different game. Magic is very different, instead of buying spells, caster have a number of tomes or collections of spells thay can choose to use and a spell point pool. Many new and changed special abilities. The elves no longer have a wood elf type list. Only a few of the cards from the wood elf list made the cut Centaurs, Centaur captain, fairies and rangers. although rangers no longer have a RA. All soldiers took a big cut in DV, MA, MAV, RA, RAV and damage tracks as did many elites and leaders. Warlords and Monsters mostly did not. Larnatch is a warlord now. On the magic side Wizardly (4) elves only have access to the open or common list of spells (dispel,anti-burrow, anti-fly), Arcane spells, Ice (1 mage only) and storm spells. No fireball, or firestorm for elves. Cleric type casters(only 2) get divine and restore.

I have not played yet but will get my first game in Saturday using.

Larnatch troop
Caerwyn, MRW
Peruhain
Vale Archer
Vale Archer
Vale Warrior
Vale Warrior
Standard
Blademaster
Blademaster
Blademaster

Chiral book tactics troop
Centaur
Centaur
Hunting Cat
Hunting Cat
Hunting Cat
Musician

Treeman

Giant Eagle
To the everlasting glory of the Infantry

#5 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6464 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:50 PM

Wouldn't want Smokey the Bear comin' after them for burnin' down the forest!
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#6 Stubbdog

Stubbdog

Obssessive Over-Analyzer

• Bones Supporter
  • 6979 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:35 PM

A combination of Lanarch or Lyssette and ol Mossy gains a very powerful possibility of teleport and TRAMPLE.

The kitties have become favorites as the new road blocks for archers to shoot over.

The unicorn's ability to blink and come up with a possible 3 point play makes him a fun thing to surprise your enemy with.

And the non-soldier archers are what separate the elves from the rest of the pack when it comes to ranged shooting.

Oh, and you may not have fireballs anymore, but you have the lots of lightning instead.

The big surprise for the Elves is the number of Healers they gained overall. Don't overlook them at all. Healing is a huge thing in this version of the game.

#7 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5952 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:28 PM

Only a few of the cards from the wood elf list made the cut Centaurs, Centaur captain, fairies and rangers. although rangers no longer have a RA.

The Rangers did not make the core Elves list. The Vale Rangers are new; the old Rangers are now part of the Wood Elf list, and will keep their Ranged Attack. If you check the Stock # on the Vale Ranger card, you will find that it refers you to DHL model 3195 instead of the Ranger model 14466.

Also, FWIW, the Elves are not alone in not having access to certain tomes. Most factions favor 1 or 2 tomes over the others (like Arcane and Storm for the Elves), and either completely lack or have very limited access to some of the others. This was intentional; it gives the casters of each faction a unique flavor.

~v

Edited by Shakandara, 30 July 2009 - 10:34 PM.

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Look! Auctions!! Buy my stuff!!!

#8 Veronus

Veronus

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:14 AM

I just got my 2nd ed. book, love it! but - - where's Eawod?
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his........ - G.S. Patton

#9 Memphisto

Memphisto

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:30 AM

My understanding is Eawod will be part of a new faction 'Wood Elves' to be released later this year in an expansion book. Personally, I proxy my Eawod model for Selwyn...I find the names gender neutral.

#10 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14694 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:52 AM

Well, Eawod is actually an Acronym:
Elven Archer Warlord of Doom!

When it first came out, he was unnamed, and he was referred to as the "Elven Archer Warlord of Doom" and it stuck. That's a bit clumsy of a name so it was quickly shortened to Eawod. It then became his official name.

True story.

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543

- Argentee

#11 Veronus

Veronus

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:38 PM

Well, Eawod is actually an Acronym:
Elven Archer Warlord of Doom!

When it first came out, he was unnamed, and he was referred to as the "Elven Archer Warlord of Doom" and it stuck. That's a bit clumsy of a name so it was quickly shortened to Eawod. It then became his official name.

True story.

That's fantastic info! Thank You!
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his........ - G.S. Patton

#12 Veronus

Veronus

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:42 PM

My understanding is Eawod will be part of a new faction 'Wood Elves' to be released later this year in an expansion book. Personally, I proxy my Eawod model for Selwyn...I find the names gender neutral.

Thanks for the info!! But what of Lorielle Silverrain? She's not listed in the Mercenary faction in the new book either - maybe she will be joining Eawod Silverrain in the Wood Elves?

#13 Stubbdog

Stubbdog

Obssessive Over-Analyzer

• Bones Supporter
  • 6979 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:29 PM

Lorielle will be part of the Sisterhood, along with all the blade sisters from the Mercs.

#14 Veronus

Veronus

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:06 PM

Lorielle will be part of the Sisterhood, along with all the blade sisters from the Mercs.

Sweet. I was worried, two of my favorite models and neither were in the book :)

#15 merlonc

merlonc

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:52 PM

Not much Elf activity so I thought I would post my current most effective elf list

Troop 1
Larnach the Grey
Familiar
Caerwynn
Vale Swordsman x 3
Death Seeker x 3
Hunting Cat x 2

Troop 2
Arnise, Deathseeker
Death Seeker x 4
Vale Swordsman
Niriodel
Luck Stone

Troop 3
Varashia
Vale Archer x 4

Troop 4
Mossbeard the Treeman

Troop 5
Silvermaine, Unicorn

I like to use the stand off archery power to force the enemy to close. 2 Caerwynn or Caerwynn with 3" AOE is good incentive to get close. The treeman and death seekers are potent at taking down hand 2 hand forces. Larnatch and his familiar can get off some sneaky LB action too. The Unicorn is a cheap anti-caster missle.

Have not tried against a heavy cav or flyer list yet.

Next I am going to work on a list without Treeman or Caerwynn, GASP
To the everlasting glory of the Infantry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users