46 replies to this topic

#1 TheHawv

TheHawv

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:11 AM

I was wondering what color schemes people were using on the NOVA Corporate Security figures? I was leaning towards something in a classic black and white, but I think they'd end up being to Stormtroopery.
Reaper Miniatures: A Place for Love
Posted Image

#2 cutebutpsycho

cutebutpsycho

Purple Pirate Fairy Princess

• 2359 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:20 AM

I was wondering what color schemes people were using on the NOVA Corporate Security figures? I was leaning towards something in a classic black and white, but I think they'd end up being to Stormtroopery.

I used blues. If you stop in at Reaper and ask Bryan to show you where the two that they have in the case are, he can show you the ones that Michael Genet and I painted up.

#3 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Super Administrators
  • 10505 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:54 AM

Here's what they look like in white/black
Posted Image

Here's a link to more pictures of Reaper figs used in a Star Wars RPG:
http://www.d20radio....php?f=21&t=2658

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#4 Nanite

Nanite

Nattering Nabob

• Members
  • 3592 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:17 PM

Here's mine:

Posted Image

Those stormtrooper ones look really spiffy though.

Custom toys, art, and sundries here.

And a Twitter!

#5 Ironworker

Ironworker

Demon of Speed Painting

• Members
  • 1706 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:00 PM

And I'd like to take the time here to say I'd really like to see at least one more pose of these guys. I'd rather see a couple more poses and perhaps a heavy or support weapon. I'm painting mine blue. Hopefully sometime this week.

I'd rather be the hammer than the nail

My Miniature Game Blog
My CMON gallery
My Ebay Page

#6 Da_Sub

Da_Sub

• Bones Supporter
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:16 PM

Very Spiffy Nanite,

I was thinking of doing some up in blacks and dark grays like the ATC security teams from FEAR although they would make excellent Replica Tactical Soldiers too ;)

also those bases don't happen to come from Back2Basix do they?
Baldrick: "You know how they say that somewhere there's a bullet with your name on it?" Blackadder: "Yes?" Baldrick: " Well I thought that if I owned the bullet with my name on it, I'll never get hit by it. Cause I'll never shoot myself..." www.subsunderground.com custom figs and random musings

#7 Nanite

Nanite

Nattering Nabob

• Members
  • 3592 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:53 PM

Very Spiffy Nanite,

I was thinking of doing some up in blacks and dark grays like the ATC security teams from FEAR although they would make excellent Replica Tactical Soldiers too ;)

also those bases don't happen to come from Back2Basix do they?

Nope, Champ Industries. nice and cheap!

Custom toys, art, and sundries here.

And a Twitter!

#8 Da_Sub

Da_Sub

• Bones Supporter
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:29 PM

Huh cool,

they look very much like some I picked up from B2B at GenCon Oz last year. I would post photos but they were used to base some figs from the worlds second great evil!
Baldrick: "You know how they say that somewhere there's a bullet with your name on it?" Blackadder: "Yes?" Baldrick: " Well I thought that if I owned the bullet with my name on it, I'll never get hit by it. Cause I'll never shoot myself..." www.subsunderground.com custom figs and random musings

#9 outek

outek

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:44 PM

For other color schemes, you could try doing a search in the 'Show Off' section of the board to see if there are any others that have been posted.
Mansfield Bears Terraforming Division: Building a better world so you can destroy it.

#10 ixminis

ixminis

Paint-Lackey

• Artists
  • 3893 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:05 PM

Now that I think of it I had some with the Desert Storm Chocolate Chip camo scheme (speed painting figures from 2007 IIRC) and it works quite well !!!

The blues I used on the riot cop Chronoscope figure were older Pro Paint mach I, which I believe you could do well to emulate with the current Pro Paint (Anne Improved) colors. Of special note is that the "white" on the one I painted was an off-white with blues/greys in it. Don't think I went all the way up to white on anything.

I'm pretty sure I only used one dark blue and worked all the other colors up using the off-white.
MichaelG / IXMINIS (I-X-Minis)
Friends don't let friends paint drunk
http://www.tinywars.com

#11 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Super Administrators
  • 10505 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:24 AM

Huh cool,

they look very much like some I picked up from B2B at GenCon Oz last year. I would post photos but they were used to base some figs from the worlds second great evil!

I'd like to take the opportunity to point out at this time, Mr. Sub, that we are about the Hobby here, not about feeding our egos. If you wish you may state the names of other manufacturers (such as Games Workshop, Privateer Press, Wizards of the Coast, Darksword((Jim of Darksword, BTW, = #1 awesome guy and we love him, so say his name all you want)) Hasslefree, etc.) and games(WarHammer, D&D Miniatures, Warmachine, Hordes), and even show pictures of their products.

I do need to say that it is a violation of board policy to actively Sell or Promote The Sale Of (by linking or just blatant salesmanship) other company products, but talking about and showing pics of are fine.

Welcome to the boards, and help us spread love of playing with, painting, sculpting, converting, or just ogling pretty metal things.

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#12 Lars Porsenna

Lars Porsenna

Godlike

• Members
  • 5622 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:50 PM

I've been wondering how to paint these guys too. Nanite's scheme inspired me to paint them "classic Traveller" a rusty red color I'm thinking...

Damon.
-The Serial Crusher.
-Godlike since 9-09-04.
-My book blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
-My Minis blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
-My thoughts on D&D 4e: Link
-"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
-"Warhammer40000 is your Standard Sci Fi Setting injected with a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Starship Troopers and Star Wars, bathed in blood and turned up to eleventy billion (and then set on fire). Twice. With chainsaws." Quote

#13 TheHawv

TheHawv

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:18 PM

That red scheme is sweet, thanks for sharing it Nanite. And Reaper Darryl's Stomtrooper scheme is awesome. Right now, I'm leaning toward black and yellow. I'm worried though that they'll end up looking more like bumblebees then hazard signs (which is what inspired my color choice).
Reaper Miniatures: A Place for Love
Posted Image

#14 ixminis

ixminis

Paint-Lackey

• Artists
  • 3893 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:01 PM

If you want 'em to look like hazard signs, perhaps only doing hazard sign accents on the various pads with the remainder of the uniform being black or something neutral yet dark. Sort of a "warning, knee in face will hurt" kind of a thing :-)
MichaelG / IXMINIS (I-X-Minis)
Friends don't let friends paint drunk
http://www.tinywars.com

#15 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6589 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:42 PM

The Warzone community has been looking at the Chronoscope line for all of our sci-fi needs. I may get some NOVA dudes for extra Brotherhood troopers, but not until I paint some of my original pieces.

The Blackstar heavies got plenty of attention too. I'm glad there isn't a dedicated game to the line, as now, with the sky being the limit, we're more likely to find something for everyone.

The Reaper peeps know these models will be put into so many games, I don't think it will hurt them to know where their babies go!!
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users