A friend of mine came up with a reven list, he calls it "Green Tide" He plans to take full advantage of Kiakara's ability  and the Horde rule of the Noghra doctrine. 52 models with 2 hits each. High MAV on all of them with the free inspire, Skull Throne, Blessing in Kiakara's Troop, and Focus. I have a feeling that this is a list I will hate going up against.

Reven

- 1000 points

Troop 1
Kiakara, Queen of Khans
Orc Warrior x 5
Orc Spearman x 6

Troop 2
Gakalath, Orc
Orc Warrior x 4
Orc Spearman x 5

Troop 3
Gakalath, Orc
Orc Warrior x 4
Orc Spearman x 5

Troop 4
Gakalath, Orc
Orc Warrior x 4
Orc Spearman x 5

Troop 5
Gakalath, Orc
Orc Warrior x 4
Orc Spearman x 5

Troop 6
Skull Throne
  • Like 3

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:29 PM, SirArthurIV said:

A friend of mine came up with a reven list, he calls it "Green Tide" He plans to take full advantage of Kiakara's ability  and the Horde rule of the Noghra doctrine. 52 models with 2 hits each. High MAV on all of them with the free inspire, Skull Throne, Blessing in Kiakara's Troop, and Focus. I have a feeling that this is a list I will hate going up against.

Reven

- 1000 points

Troop 1
Kiakara, Queen of Khans
Orc Warrior x 5
Orc Spearman x 6

Troop 2
Gakalath, Orc
Orc Warrior x 4
Orc Spearman x 5

Troop 3
Gakalath, Orc
Orc Warrior x 4
Orc Spearman x 5

Troop 4
Gakalath, Orc
Orc Warrior x 4
Orc Spearman x 5

Troop 5
Gakalath, Orc
Orc Warrior x 4
Orc Spearman x 5

Troop 6
Skull Throne

That's a really formidable army list. Lots of dice in melee. Doctrine plus warlord's free action to inspire troops gives the orc warriors up to +6 MAV and the Spearmen +7. Just amount of die rolling with MAV boost makes this a great list. Every list has a counter and this one appears to be vs. a spell caster with fireball and, to lesser extent, ranged warbands (although I think RAV models are overcosted in warlord, IMO).Thanks for sharing. Another variant list could be Gronkelfibbets and Mazak with same doctrine, add a musician, which imparts rush attack and +1 MOV. That turns lots of 9pt goblins into mini torpedoes.

• Like 3

Well, that list worked really well, until the moment that it didn't. Ironically, it was Crossbowmen kiting them around that did them in, They did tear through my minotaurs and an incarnation of flame though, well earning their points back, but once the mercenaries got around to desecrate the skull throne, it was over.

I had an idea for an orc and goblin-free list, just to see how it would play out. what do you guys think?

Reven

- 1000 points

Troop 1 (362 pts)
Gronk Spliteye, Bugbear
Bugbear Warrior x 4
Bloodmane,
-Magic Weapon
Korgug, Bugbear Bully

Troop 2 (324 pts)
Kagunk, Ogre
Ogre Warrior x 3
Yagun Oog, Ogre Mage

Troop 3 (111 pts)
Gnoll Archer x 3

Troop 4 (69 pts)
Harpy x 3

Troop 5 (134 pts)
Urga, Beastman
Beastman Woodcutter x 4
Traeg, Beastman Hero

While I like the concept the way you have it set up, I don't like 3 troops of really low DV units. I would probably drop the harpys for another ogre warrior & a beastman. But overall I do like the list and may try it out. Also, Gronk can only take one elite, Bloodmane would need to be shifted to Kagunk's troop.