Qwyksilver

Darkspawn

87 posts in this topic

I admit I just wasn't that thrilled by the DKhul sculpt. I prefer to use: http://www.reapermin...th/latest/50224 as my DKhul.

 

And that's why my wallet aches so much, and I want to deliver a swift kick to the Reaper Games crew. Just kidding. :wacko:

 

My best friend and near weekly Warlord opponent has been lurking on the forum. I'm hoping the Bathalian crew can whoop him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Half painted Bathalian force hits the table tonight! Hoody hoo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm, I think I'll order me a few Mels to use as proxies for Bathalians in my Darkspawn Aberations any!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm, I think I'll order me a few Mels to use as proxies for Bathalians in my Darkspawn Aberations any!

My wife used Lon the werewolf from last year as a feral pup for the Korboralas.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am currently building a witch queen with Rauthuros list using the Pain Cage doctrine and was wondering what troops I should use to fill out mybwarlord's unit. I was leaning Goat demons because they are cheap 2 DT models that I can draw on for spellcasting. I can even use them to summon more models. Maybe two archers to get defensive strikes from range. I have about 145 points left to work with for this list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SirArthurIV said:

I am currently building a witch queen with Rauthuros list using the Pain Cage doctrine and was wondering what troops I should use to fill out mybwarlord's unit. I was leaning Goat demons because they are cheap 2 DT models that I can draw on for spellcasting. I can even use them to summon more models. Maybe two archers to get defensive strikes from range. I have about 145 points left to work with for this list

Great warband choice! I've found Rautheros with the Witch Queen is pretty tough to play against. I think the Goat Demons are a great choice - they are essentially fearless and have a pretty good melee attack for cheap points cost, and make good shock troops. I recommend one or two Demon Imps due to their provoke special ability - they can protect the witch queen in melee. For troops in her band, I also believe the spawn of Mashaf are very efficient and versatile - frenzy and burrow both have great utility in different situations. Finally, if you can afford the points for a large elite - Mastema is great. Another mighty troop to wreck havoc. Mastema with Rautheros on the field also forces your opponent to worry about two heavy tanks.

 

Have fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking through the Darkspawn figures and saw the Cultists. I looked through the data cards and didn't see them listed. Were they part of Warlord 1? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, cultists never made it into the game. I believe the figure was made when we were between 1.5 and 2.0 rules wise, and they got lost in the transition.

 

Does anyone know a viable use for the demon warriors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, Humansquish said:

Nope, cultists never made it into the game. I believe the figure was made when we were between 1.5 and 2.0 rules wise, and they got lost in the transition.

Well, shoot . . . 

 

I'll be getting me some anyway as I have a use for them elsewhere. I'll also look to see if there is any particular card I can proxy them for, cuz I really like how they look!

 

Edited by Maredudd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the cultists were Mercenaries. Unless you meant These guys. Then I don't think they were ever apart of Warlord and only show up in the Darkspawn section because it has Darkspawn in the name and the listings are all done through the search engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EvilJames said:

I thought the cultists were Mercenaries. Unless you meant These guys. Then I don't think they were ever apart of Warlord and only show up in the Darkspawn section because it has Darkspawn in the name and the listings are all done through the search engine.

 

These are part of the Dark Heaven Line, you can see it in the tags and also, Warlord Minis are meant to go in slotta bases. Dark Heaven minis have the metal broccoli base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 4/15/2017 at 6:07 PM, Humansquish said:

Does anyone know a viable use for the demon warriors?

 

Well Dying to Dwarven Hammers works wonders for me.   ::D:

 

Seriously we need to try your idea on the Demon Warrior rebuild.  That does sound like some fun.  

 

And Just to keep on Topic here is an army submission for your examination:

 

Troop 1

244   Rauthuros

   10  +Gruesome Weapon

92   Maugrathoth, Demon

   10   +Gruesome Weapon

 

Troop 2

55   Javolith

48   3xIsiri Pain Tender

7   Broken Fodder

 

Troop 3

55   Javolith

48   3xIsiri Pain Tender

7   Broken Fodder

 

Troop 4

157   Maladorn, Fire Demon

 

Troop 5

83   Marilith

 

Troop 6

83   Marilith

 

100   Battle Totem

 

999   Pts

 

The two Javolith Troops are escorts for Marilith.  Looks interesting and will seriously wreck lesser units.  What do you think?  I have also thought about the gruesome weapons on the Mariliths.

Edited by Looter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now