4 hours ago, Humansquish said:

Their not fireproof though. You have no idea how many demon warriors I've lost because I lit them on fire. :grr:

BAWAHAHAHA!!!!

5 hours ago, Humansquish said:

Their not fireproof though. You have no idea how many demon warriors I've lost because I lit them on fire. :grr:

Hmmm . . . something to think about when building my Demonic Darkspawn army . . . 

• Like 1

Yeah Dude I seriously thought those guys getting swarmed over there were Elites from all the Havok those guys were causing.  I would have to say they did better than I thought they would. I have to say that I do still think they are a little overpriced but can still work well in the context of them being fairly tough units.

• Like 1

Okay, I think I worked out a decent list. I'm thinking i might cut the mastema demon for more succubi and a familiar, But regeneration in an army with the Witch queen is just as good as the familiar. also using the pain doctrine

999 Points

Troop 1
Witch Queen

Crescent of Bile

Goatman Demon x 4
Mastema, Demon

Troop 2
Ashakia
Succubus Warrior x 3
Jhorxia, Succubus

Troop 3
Isiri Arachnid Archer x 3

Troop 4
Isiri Arachnid Warrior x 3

Troop 5
Rauthuros
Gruesome Weapon

• Like 1

My C'thulhu inspired list is finally getting some victories!  And some defeats...:(  

Troop 1 

Xeldorian w/

magic weapon (RAV) monocle of accuracy

D'Khul  Bathalian extraordinaire

10 Broken Fodder, meat shields.  

Troop 2

Bathalian Primarch

3 Bathalian Exarchs

2 Bathalian Centurions

Troop 3

Devourer of Mashaf

Troop 4

Aundine

The list is simply one I am enjoying collecting and painting.  It turns out it is fun to play as well.  The whole force does best when run in almost a blob formation.  The high point cost models need to be close enough to support each other and the Broken Fodder I string out in front to soak up arrows, and if they're lucky, slow down charges with their Nausea SA and Xeldorian's WL benefit of leaving nauseated models shaken.  Continuing with troop 1, the obvious combo of D'Khul casting Barrage on Xeldorian is a real nasty trick, and one of a few things he can do.  Great caster.  

Troop 2 comes in behind the Fodder.  The Primarch is a powerful caster, but not the kind to blast fireballs across the board.  Much more of a Warcaster freezing and stunning the enemy in close combat.  The Bathalians in his troop are all immune to support, and nauseous, and usually last a little while.  Good combat troops, but very expensive.  

Troop 3 is the Devourer of Mashaf, one of my favorite models from the Darkspawn.  I've finally learned to play this beast after some time using it wrong.  The Devourer is best kept away from arrows in the back of my blob formation.  You get two Mind Blasts from it in a game.  I use him to pick out select targets, usually the best RAV models or spellcasters, and then after two turns, maybe bringing it in to close combat, preferably on a stunned model.  The low DV of 9 means this model probably will get taken out by most Leaders and Elites, and even soldiers can bring it down.  

Troop 4.  Aundine.  Cleanup crew.  Solo Assassin.  Don't forget to use her Parry Ability.  It's a good trade to forgo defensive strikes and stay alive to use the Assassin SA.  

Having fun, hope you are too.

Edited by joshuaslater
points cost!

2 hours ago, SirArthurIV said:

you have 10 extra points, you may want to throw on a book of tactics somewhere, just for a little more control.

Forgot to put that on the Primarch.  I also forgot to indicate the list was 1000 points!

Good catch.

You know, Humansqush is probably right. You have a lot of Spy, so an extra tactics might be redundant. An armor of courage on the other hand can easily boost your squad to take out even the most defensive  armies.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SirArthurIV said:

You know, Humansqush is probably right. You have a lot of Spy, so an extra tactics might be redundant. An armor of courage on the other hand can easily boost your squad to take out even the most defensive  armies.

How diabolical!!!  I will try this next game.  I'm running hard with this list and painting some converted models for Broken Fodder.  I really want to get this army completely painted and based, as I'm so close.  I'll post pics when there.

Thanks for the tip SirArthurIV and Humansquish!!!

Edited by joshuaslater
  • Like 1

Armor of courage on something that has spells, disable, rage, nauseating and a 5 attack will help make him truely frightening to base. Just remember the free action that boosts MAV against his targets, even his!

• Like 1