I am still learning the new stats from the 2nd edition. I just realize that Necropolis has the toughest soldiers, the burrowing zombies. With Rhasia in charge, they will have the toughness at 5 with up to 17 zombies in one big mob, all mindless. DC will have a hard time swallowing this one.

Shak, one thing to remember about the daisy chain list is that it's all demons who now have the summoned SA. Sadly, Vampire does not function against models with the Summoned SA, nor constructs, nor undead, nor on defensive swings. Nope, you can only suck dry fresh juicy live targets like my poor bondslave survivors. ::(: Serves them right for not being more ambitious though I suppose.

Yeah, that thought occured to me over the weekend as well. Oh well.

~v

What's the general take on Ghasts? I haven't gotten mine in the mail yet and have yet to actually use them but gosh they seem good. Really cheap soldier with 3 DT's and decent combat ability. They have some nice defensive special abilities with nauseating and curse which should help keep them around awhile. Movement 7 seems obscene and who doesn't love savage?

What's the general take on Ghasts? I haven't gotten mine in the mail yet and have yet to actually use them but gosh they seem good. Really cheap soldier with 3 DT's and decent combat ability. They have some nice defensive special abilities with nauseating and curse which should help keep them around awhile. Movement 7 seems obscene and who doesn't love savage?

The nauseating and curse make them a pain in the butt to fight against.... or maybe that was my cursed dice. Either way I think they are an overlooked option that should be used more.

This list worked for me vs. 2 different Elf armies at Artistcon:

Briarkiss

Nivar

Gauntfield

Crimson Knights x 3

Luckstone

Eikar

Bat Swarm

Crimson Knights x 3

Gargoyles x 4

Skeletal Giant

1000 points

Briarkiss' troop is main body.

Eikar is support/flank troop.

Gargoyles can kill any flyers and/or threaten shooty guys or casters.

Skeletal Giant leads the way and makes a great pin cushion.

I keep it simple.

Dan

I haven't got to play in a while, so hopefully will get to throw down tomorrow.

I usually play Crusaders, but wanted to give Necropolis a try. Just threw a list together to see how it will work.

Troop 1:

Judas, w/armor of courage

Naomi w/phylactery

Crimson Knights x4

Chattel x4

Troop 2:

Elkar, Crypt Bat

Crypt Bat x3

Troop 3:

Zombie band x6

Troop 4:

Sir Gadrun deathrider

Deathriders x4

Luck stone

999 points

I'll let you know how badly it plays out.

On a wild hair was considering something like:

Sir Gadrun + armor of courage + 5 Deathriders

And take 4 units like that. 24 death riders all with rush attack coming to bring you some first strike love.

On a wild hair was considering something like:

Sir Gadrun + armor of courage + 5 Deathriders

And take 4 units like that. 24 death riders all with rush attack coming to bring you some first strike love.

The only problem would be, of course, that you can't field just 4 sergeants as your leaders. You'd need to upgrade one of them to a Captain to have a legal build.

~v

Looks like a good list!

and for the second part:

Army: (999 points)

Troop 1

1 Elsabeth Briarkiss (91)

1 Armor of Courage (10)

1 Book of Tactics (10)

6 Chattel (12)

Troop 2

1 Sir Gadrun, Deathrider (54)

1 Armor of Courage (10)

4 Deathrider (35)

Troop 3

1 Armor of Courage (10)

4 Deathrider (35)

Troop 4

1 Armor of Courage (10)

4 Deathrider (35)

Troop 5

1 Armor of Courage (10)

4 Deathrider (35)

you could do something like that, the 4 troops you wanted plus Elsabeth(she is always a good choice) with a lot of support/protection/food. Id just treat troop one like you would a solo. use them as one unit to take down big guys.

-Sin

Necropolis - 496 points

Troop 1

Rhasia, Zombie Queen

Zombie x 8

Burrowing Zombie x 3

Troop 2

Graverot, Ghast

Ghast x 3

Ghoul x 3

Thriller......

..... Thriller....

.................Thriller.........

1000 points

Troop 1

Moandain, Arch-Lich + Phylactery

Naomi, Mistress of Wings + Phylactery

Sir Dauron, Death Knight

Zombie x 4

Skeletal Archer x 2

Skeletal Swordman x 3

Troop 2

Baron Kentaur the Everliving

Malek, the Hated

Zombie x 4

Skeletal Archer x 2

Skeletal Warrior x 2

Troop 3

Grave Horror

Facing mainly crusaders with gerard and angel or Razig with crab and dark maiden.

I've tried something alike several times, concentration of 2 powerful casters in one troop is effective enough.

Also during the first turn both naomi and moandain can siphon a pair of swordsmen for spell points.

Interesting can be to teleport one especially tough enemy character away from protecting models just to the middle of our troop, strike it with freeze ray, if needed swarm with zombies; and finishing off with Dauron while stunned. Or simply screening this carnage scene with zombies from the enemy if things go slower as expected. With phylactery we are not afraid of losing spell points on those expensive spells.

Both naomi and moandain can shatter hordes combining fireball and chain lightning. Archers finish off those left wounded. With most of the enemy having ~2 wounds, we deny them the possibility to heal.

We can also effectively heal grave horror while fighting something tough.

What is the weakest point in this army is a small number of models imho... :rolleyes:

Hi, I am considering a very small vampire list based on different models I like. Would something like

Troop 1

Judas Bloodspire, Anointed of Hars (conversion off dragoth the defiler)

Syphrilia, Succubus x 2 (freebooter mini's)

Vampiric Weapon x 2

Crypt Bat x 3 (freebooter mini's)

Troop 2

Elsabeth Briarkiss (freebooter mini)

Crimson Knight x 3 (reaper seductress type vamps)

Musician

Standard

Troop 3

Gargoyle x 4 (various reaper succubi painted stone grey)

Be any good at all? Very few models but lots of vampire and all very hard hitting

As fun as they would be to play, I would drop both Syphrilias and their vampire weapons.

Then personally, I would add Sir Osric with his extreme parry defensive abilities, even tho he is not a flyer, along with 3 chattel with their provoke abilities to keep swings off of Judas and Osric.

And that would leave me enough to add a 4th crimson knight into the second troop.

Total 998 points.

but, the list you give would be very formidible and fun too.