Book of Tactics

Vampiric Weapon

Musician

Standard

Phylactery

luck stone

Troop 2

Gargoyle

The models will all be proxies to represent the seductive vampire concept.

A great Vampire victory with a typical Vandrian moment. You all know my track record with Lord Vandrian. He's one of my favorite models and data cards, and I hardly ever leave him home. Alas, he never pulls his weight. Last game, I plopped him down with a group because he really needs support. All is going well until the beginning of the second turn and I glance down. For some amazing reason, Vandrian is still in the deployment zone, all alone, waiting. Blood and thunder! I forgot to move him! What - what - what in the Throne of Power is going on with this model!? Luckily, he's got a horse and he did charge and help some. But the damage was done. We all had a good laugh at poor Vandrian again. Otherwise, my Vampires stood up to a very well made Reptus army. Damn, flying lizard thingys! Even the Dragon Turtle wasn't that annoying.

I have had the same problem with Judas, seems so awesome but never pulls his weight in my games. It does matter who he is fighting, he is going to get hit every time. <_<

After further reading and discussion I have settled on

Necropolis - 991 points

Troop 1

Judas Bloodspire, Anointed of Hars

Sir Osric, Crimson Knight

Naomi, Mistress of Wings

Syphrilia, Succubus

Chattel x 3

Crimson Knight x 5

Crypt Bat x 2

Book of Tactics

Vampiric Weapon

Musician

Standard

Phylactery

luck stone

Troop 2

Gargoyle

The models will all be proxies to represent the seductive vampire concept.

If I were you, I would arrange your army this way:

Troop 1

1. Judas Bloodspire

2. Vanderast, Bloodseeker Vampire x3

3. Crimson Knight x5

4. Skeletal Spearman x2

5. Chattel x3

Troop 2

1. Railor of the Unbodied

2. Tharian, Bloodmagus

3. Skeletal Archer x3

Troop 3

1. Kaena, Banshee

No equipment upgrade. The Reach SA from Skeletal Spearman can be quite useful. Troop 2 is for the suppot.

I have had the same problem with Judas, seems so awesome but never pulls his weight in my games. It does matter who he is fighting, he is going to get hit every time. <_<

I, on the other hand, find Judas to be the #1 butt kicker. Not quite as much now that Vampire doesn't give as many heals as it did previously, but then he's also got access to DR via friendly spellcasters, and that's just as good. The trick with Judas is to use him conservatively at first until you've tied up and/or dealt with the enemy models that can seriously hurt him. Against rank and file he'll be able to feed to heal any incidental wounds he takes while ripping them limb from limb. Flier is extremely good with him, as it keeps him safe late in the game if things get sticky - fly away after your combat action to keep from getting mobbed. Gives your crimson knights another turn to tie things up before Judas lands again and messes something up bad.

I have done that a few times, luck has always been against him. I have seen him get shot out of the air by 6 archers at long range.

I told you, its always some crazy way he dies. Where on average he should take 2 damage, he will take 5 instead. It has happened with multiple opponents. Another time 2 hunting cats did 6 damage to him! :wacko:

Maybe i should buy a new Judas model? i think mine is cursed.

For such a bruiser, I do keep him well protected. Either flying or flanked by Vamp Elites, and always near Chattel if I brought them. Maybe I should let him plow in once in a while and see what happens. I did lose him at ReaperCon to a wave of Centaur Warriors that really flipped my lid. Alas, the scenario was about grabbing ground and I didn't have a choice but to stand there and take it. Poor Judas.

I made my own Judas model. He's much tougher now. Heavy armor, wings, strong. I haven't decided if I'll add more before I paint him up. Maybe some chains.

Sinden, do you play a mixed Necropolis army or a more Vampire centric army? I'm a Vampire purist, leaving out most other Necropolis models. Grave Horror, Chattel, or Gargoyles is all the non-Vampire I use.

For such a bruiser, I do keep him well protected. Either flying or flanked by Vamp Elites, and always near Chattel if I brought them. Maybe I should let him plow in once in a while and see what happens. I did lose him at ReaperCon to a wave of Centaur Warriors that really flipped my lid. Alas, the scenario was about grabbing ground and I didn't have a choice but to stand there and take it. Poor Judas.

I made my own Judas model. He's much tougher now. Heavy armor, wings, strong. I haven't decided if I'll add more before I paint him up. Maybe some chains.

Sinden, do you play a mixed Necropolis army or a more Vampire centric army? I'm a Vampire purist, leaving out most other Necropolis models. Grave Horror, Chattel, or Gargoyles is all the non-Vampire I use.

I do both but i haven't played necropolis in a while due to play testing. If im fielding vampires its usally all vampires. I really like the zombie lists though, to real strong but its fun passing 60% of your tough checks hehe.

I built a Necropolis army for Megacon that pretty much stomped the competition. It was about 500 points.

Given I was still learning some rules myself so I might be doing something wrong.

Troop 1

Sir Athak

Malek

3 skeleton archers

Troop 2

Sir Azarphan

Gauntfield

4 skeleton warriors

3 skeleton swordsmen

Troop 3

Railor the unbodied

6 Wraith Harvesters

Ok I have exactly one game under my belt, but there is a Tournament that I am planning to attend this Saturday @ The Gamers Realm.

I have a lot of experience in warhammer, mordheim, <insert all other GM games here>. Playing that game I saw the importance of having the draws in the draw deck. So does this game lend itself more to a min/max theory in order to maximize draws for turn advantage, if so how does this apply to Necropolis?

(Putting this here because I have a Necropolis army going)

Most of this thread is consisted of army list, but I would like to know apart from that, what playing style does this army excel at? In other game systems I am used to a highly mobile army where I chose where and when to fight. I can usually turn that to my advantage.

I currently have this:

Count Vandrian, Crimson Knight

Malek, the Hated

Sir Dauron, Death Knight

Syphrilia, Succubus

Crimson Knight x 3

Wraith Harvester x 3

Aysa, Ghost

If I want to maximize my Scenario Points I have to tailor the army to both meet the scenario objectives + worry about the other person trying to kill my models. Going to a min/max theory what would you think of this army?

Necropolis - 1000 points

Troop 1

Chattel x 3

Troop 2

Eikar, Crypt Bat

Syphrilia, Succubus

Crypt Bat x 2

Troop 3

Sir Athak, Crimson Knight

Crimson Knight x 3

Troop 4

Sir Gadrun, Deathrider

Deathrider x 2

Troop 5

Sir Gauren the Wrathful

Wraith Harvester x 4

Troop 6

Aysa, Ghost

Book of Tactics

Troop 7

Kaena, Banshee

I don’t know if it has enough punching power, I know things will die, but will they help me in the scenarios?