A simple list put together to take advantage of the Bones undead.

As with the dwarves I'd love a check for legality and I'm open to suggestions;

Troop 1

Judas Bloodspire, Anointed of Hars - Magic Weapon

Naomi, Mistress of Wings - Phylactery

Bat Swarm

Skeletal Archer x 4

Skeletal Swordman x 4

Troop 2

Elsabeth Briarkiss - Magic Weapon

Skeletal Spearman x 4

Chattel x 4

Troop 3

Graverot, Ghast

Ghoul x 2

Zombie x 2

Troop 4

Gargoyle x 3

Troop 5

Kaena, Banshee (deployed not summoned)

Army: Luck Stone

For the sake of completeness these are the Bones models I've identified as applying to Necropolis;

Judas Bloodspire, Annoited of Hars

Railor the Unbodied - 77007 Ghost

Naomi, Mistress of Wings - 77027: Naomi, Female Vampire (she is holding up an orb instead of bats)

Malek, the Hated

Bat Swarm

Zombie - 77014 Zombies (3) (KS is also bringing a second sculpt)

Skeletal Archer - 77017: Skeletal Archer (3)

Skeletal Spearmen - 77001: Skeletal Spearmen (3)

Skeletal Warrior - 77018: Skeletal Swordsman (3)

Necropolis Ghast

(I believe the Undead Giant in the KS is not the Skeletal Giant for Necropolis but the larger one.)

• Like 1

A simple list put together to take advantage of the Bones undead.

As with the dwarves I'd love a check for legality and I'm open to suggestions;

<snip>

(I believe the Undead Giant in the KS is not the Skeletal Giant for Necropolis but the larger one.)

The list looks legal, and you are correct about the Skeletal Giant.

Much like my comment from the Dwarven thread, I recommend mixing your grunt models a little more in troop 1 and 2. I'd move 2 of each model to the opposite troop. A couple things are going to happen when you do this, and not all of them are 100% good. Moving 2 archers does dilute your fire-power with them a bit (a single activation of 4 ranged attacks can be more effective in some situations), however, it gives you combined arms in Elsabeth's troop, where you can use them to try to finish off targets that have been wounded in melee. Moving 2 spearmen gives Judas and the 2 remaining warriors some Reach support, letting them play the 2nd line role they are designed for. Also, moving 2 chattel gives Judas something to feed on as well.

~v

Unless the army creator has the wrong information about Vampire, Judas doesn't need to be in the same troop as the Chattel to eat them just in B2B with one.

Also tweaked it to be a bit more Bones heavy;

Troop 1
1 Judas Bloodspire, Anointed of Hars - Magic Weapon (KS)
1 Naomi, Mistress of Wings - Phylactery (77027)
1 Bat Swarm (KS)
4 Skeletal Archer (77018x2)
4 Skeletal Swordman (77017x2)

Troop 2
1 Elsabeth Briarkiss - Magic Weapon (14131)
4 Skeletal Spearman (77001x2)
4 Chattel x 4 (P06129Bx 2 + P06129Cx2)

Troop 3
1 Railor the Unbodied (77007)
6 Zombie (77014x2)

Troop 4
3 Gargoyle (77028x3)

Troop 5
Kaena, Banshee (KS Proxy-LaBella deMornay)

Army - Luck Stone

Total 999 points

With this build only the 4 Chattel and Elsabeth are metal (though obviously you could get Kaena in metal instead of the proxy).

Truth is I'll probably get the 9 Chattel pack because I have a Vampire army idea that needs 9 of them, but for others this is a pretty cheap army, especially if you got the KS, as you only need 1 of each of the Skeletons and Zombie blisters for example and there is a couple of models you could proxy for Railor as well if you don't want to buy the ghost.

Edited by ObsidianCrane

That's a good idea, though I happen to like the Chattel models so I'm ok with grabbing them, and the pack of 9 plus Elsabeth is a free shipping order automatically, and I'll have the 9 I need for the Vampire Hero army idea I have as well.

Yup put your suggestion in the blog post (thanking you) I just made about Bones and Warlord. :)

If I go that way I just need Elsabeth in metal, makes this a cheap army. (Especially compared to the $260 I just costed out for a Crusaders Cav based force :))

Unless the army creator has the wrong information about Vampire, Judas doesn't need to be in the same troop as the Chattel to eat them just in B2B with one.

You are correct, there is no such restriction. However, if they don't activate when Judas does, combat could easily take him away from his food source, with his food source having to catch up to B2B contact when it is no longer his action, leaving him unable to feed on them until his next turn. If you have a couple models in his troop, Judas can engage, take damage, and should he fail to kill something (or be fighting constructs, etc) and not be able to feed, have a Chattel move into B2B after combat so that he can use his free action to suck the life out of them.

~v

Here's my first army list for 500 points:

Necropolis - 498 points

Troop 1
Baron Kentaur the Everliving
Skeletal Archer x 3
Malek, the Hated

Troop 2
Sir Azarphan, Death Knight
Skeletal Warrior x 3
Skeletal Spearman x 3

Troop 3
Railor of the Unbodied
Nivar, Wraith
Wraith Harvester x 2
Zombie x 3

Sorry newb question. Now I thought that monsters were solos? How are gargoyles able to unit up?

Yeah, its a little contradictory... They are Monsters which are a subset of Solos....however....they have the Band S.A. which means they can be fielded in a leaderless troop of 3-6 models. Alternatively, they can be fielded as actual Solo models: one per Troop.

Alternatively, they can be fielded as actual Solo models: one per leader-led Troop.

Fixed that for you.

~v