Crusaders

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#1 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15011 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:50 AM

The blight of Evil continues to stain the land of Taltos. Heed the trumpet's clarion call to battle. Ride forth and lay waste to the encroaching darkness! May the light of Denelspire shine upon you and protect you from all that is wicked and evil brave knights.

For historical reference, feel free to visit past Faction discussion threads:
Crusaders 2008
Crusaders 2007
Denelspire 1.2
Denelspire

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#2 Rastl

Rastl

Goddess of Shiny Things

• Bones Supporter
  • 2497 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:27 PM

OK - I'm seeing a hole in the lineup here.

Battle nuns. There's a warlord, a unique captain, and soldiers. But there's no elites that I can find. Which is odd since the captain gets 2 elites. Are there elites that just don't have the nun designation?
Consistency and dedication are the hallmarks of -- oo! Shiny!
Nobody likes stompy mechenbooty. - Krztoff
Indulge me and visit my blog: RastlWorld
p.s. LOOK! I was the ANTI-RASTL! Only 20 words! - Anne
28mm troops with a difference .. or two. RastlWorldMinis

#3 Castlebuilder

Castlebuilder

The Dungeon Builder

• Bones Supporter
  • 2032 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:03 PM

I'm looking forward to using my all Ivy Crown army. I just have to finish my light lancers. <_<
"I forgot about the gods and spun my own bright fate, while at the root of life the three spinners laughed." Bernard Cornwell, Lords of the North

#4 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5992 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:20 PM

No, there are no battle nun elites, and considering the number of models/datacards already in Crusaders, it really wasn't practical to add any either. However, although Finari is a Justicar by her fluff, I think she fits in just fine with the nuns. Further, you could just choose a couple of proxies from the DHL line, use whatever Crusader elite card for them that you want, and just give them a new name. Personally, I'd look at models like 2475 (use Marcus Gideon's card), 2725 (for Almarand), 3222 (for Valandil), 3364 (for Saramonde), 3273 (for Halbarad). I'm sure you could easily find others. ::):

~v

Edited by Shakandara, 18 June 2009 - 06:30 PM.

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Look! Auctions!! Buy my stuff!!!

#5 Sergei

Sergei

Godlike

• Black Lightning
  • 1009 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:08 AM

We're running a campagne here after GENCON and I've got a unit of Battle Nuns that I'm proxying with several non Battle Nun models, ei ladies with 2 weapons, to this unit I attach Marcus Gideon.

What am I creating? A unit of Vampire Slayers and thier Watcher.

As usual, It's all about the back story.

Edited by Sergei, 21 June 2009 - 03:24 PM.

I let my dice speak for me

Remember to keep safety first.....or at least in the top five

Pray to god, but row for shore.-Russian proverb

#6 Brushmaster

Brushmaster

Deity of Brushlicking and Drybrushing

• Black Lightning
  • 3683 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 04:17 AM

No, there are no battle nun elites, and considering the number of models/datacards already in Crusaders, it really wasn't practical to add any either. However, although Finari is a Justicar by her fluff, I think she fits in just fine with the nuns. Further, you could just choose a couple of proxies from the DHL line, use whatever Crusader elite card for them that you want, and just give them a new name. Personally, I'd look at models like 2475 (use Marcus Gideon's card), 2725 (for Almarand), 3222 (for Valandil), 3364 (for Saramonde), 3273 (for Halbarad). I'm sure you could easily find others. ::):

~v

Nice choices for proxies but personally I'd choose Justine Winterheart (3149) for Almarand , but lioke you said there are plenty to choose from .
Just remember - Your weapons are made by the lowest bidder!!

"The fortunes of war are always doubtful" - Seneca

Law of Tactical Unreliability
Tactical geniuses aren't....

Posted Image

#7 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15011 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:26 PM

Doom Kitty!

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

#8 Brushmaster

Brushmaster

Deity of Brushlicking and Drybrushing

• Black Lightning
  • 3683 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:13 AM

Doom Kitty!

:wacko:
You've been into the catnip again !
Just remember - Your weapons are made by the lowest bidder!!

"The fortunes of war are always doubtful" - Seneca

Law of Tactical Unreliability
Tactical geniuses aren't....

Posted Image

#9 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15011 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:59 AM

I have become a big fan of the Doom Kitty in 2.0

I always loved the model, but never fielded it in previous incarnations because of its cost and durability.

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543

- Argentee

#10 Stubbdog

Stubbdog

Obssessive Over-Analyzer

• Bones Supporter
  • 6979 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:20 PM

all of the big solos will quickly become staples for the various armies, for sure...

#11 Feanor

Feanor

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 322 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:04 AM

Poor poor Broderick he cant even command his fellow justicars cause he is one point less than them :(
I shall return

#12 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15011 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:46 AM

Poor poor Broderick he cant even command his fellow justicars cause he is one point less than them :(

I just PM's Gus about this.

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543

- Argentee

#13 wildbill

wildbill

Tulsa Warlord Gawd

• T-Town Crew
  • 3173 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:51 AM

Sir Brannor is another Justicar leader. :poke:

"Chuck Norris and Mr. T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building."

My Indian name is "Runs With Beer".

#14 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15011 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:54 AM

Sir Brannor is another Justicar leader. :poke:

That is unique.

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543

- Argentee

#15 Stubbdog

Stubbdog

Obssessive Over-Analyzer

• Bones Supporter
  • 6979 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:25 PM

Most likely, there was a SA cost change to one of the SAs that he has. which made him cheaper, and no one caught it.

But, the good news is that there are still plenty of leaders that can lead the justicars. And in turn, Broderick still has plenty of soldiers that he can lead as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users