• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#241 Arikiel

Arikiel

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:25 PM

I was looking for somebody that actually bothered to make female giants. Then I saw that they make a few good female dwarves too. Basically I just want to have a realistic mix of genders and ethnicities in my collection. The all male races some producers put out is just ridiculous. Now I just need some more female Orcs, Common folk, and  non-European looking humans.

• Dilvish the Deliverer, klarg1, kay13 and 4 others like this

#242 Pingo

Pingo

Godlike

• Members
  • 8969 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:24 PM

I was looking for somebody that actually bothered to make female giants. Then I saw that they make a few good female dwarves too. Basically I just want to have a realistic mix of genders and ethnicities in my collection. The all male races some producers put out is just ridiculous. Now I just need some more female Orcs, Common folk, and  non-European looking humans.

Welcome to the boards. I'm an old-timer gamer, and it's always been a struggle to find good usable female minis. I came back to the minis hobby a couple of years back after a twenty year hiatus and Reaper was such a refreshing change.

I like the direction of your mini interests. More of those, yes, please.
  • kay13, Last Knight and Adept Legacy like this

I built a boat. Spelljammer pictures here.

Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.
-- Terry Pratchett

"Therefore, O Painter, make your smaller figures merely indicated and not highly finished, otherwise you will produce effects the opposite to nature, your supreme guide"
-- Leonardo da Vinci

"All alternate histories produce zeppelins."
-- Ken Hite's Law

#243 Arikiel

Arikiel

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:11 PM

Welcome to the boards. I'm an old-timer gamer, and it's always been a struggle to find good usable female minis. I came back to the minis hobby a couple of years back after a twenty year hiatus and Reaper was such a refreshing change.

Thanks. I haven't been actively gaming for awhile myself. I've always wanted a miniature collection but they've always been too limited in scope and too expensive. With Reaper adding some diversity and the bones line being more affordable I'm actually going to start collecting. Reaper does still have a lot of gaps of course but they seem to be better then most.

• kay13, Pingo and Last Knight like this

#244 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Action Scientist

• Members
  • 4371 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:34 PM

Bones are still a pretty new thing. Give 'em time.

• kay13 and Last Knight like this
I don't look like Haldir's avatar, either

#245 Pingo

Pingo

Godlike

• Members
  • 8969 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:35 PM

Thanks. I haven't been actively gaming for awhile myself. I've always wanted a miniature collection but they've always been too limited in scope and too expensive. With Reaper adding some diversity and the bones line being more affordable I'm actually going to start collecting. Reaper does still have a lot of gaps of course but they seem to be better then most.

Indeed. And there is evidence that they listen to their customers.
  • Dr.Bedlam, Baphomet69, kay13 and 2 others like this

I built a boat. Spelljammer pictures here.

Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.
-- Terry Pratchett

"Therefore, O Painter, make your smaller figures merely indicated and not highly finished, otherwise you will produce effects the opposite to nature, your supreme guide"
-- Leonardo da Vinci

"All alternate histories produce zeppelins."
-- Ken Hite's Law

#246 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Action Scientist

• Members
  • 4371 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:02 PM

Indeed. And there is evidence that they listen to their customers.

Pingo, you have GOT to get to ReaperCon, sometime. So all the artists and company people can just ignore the hell out of you, like they do all the rest of us....   :bday:

• kay13, Pingo, Flamehawke and 3 others like this
I don't look like Haldir's avatar, either

#247 Cranky Dog

Cranky Dog

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:16 AM

Weird, I thought I answered this one before.

The first Kickstarter Bones was my introduction, or more specifically I came here after I botched my payment option. I wanted to take advantage of a Paypal discount but the Bones 1 official payment method was delayed due to technical issues. So when I wanted to get reimbursed my normal credit card payment and try again with Paypal, I sort of cancelled my whole pledge.

Despair set in! OK, since I was away from the hobby for nearly 20 years, it didn't feel that bad. Then someone told me to contact Reaper directly or on their forum.

In those days, I did not know that Reaper had such awesome customer service and such a nice community.

So eventually I got suckered in hooked interested in the hobby again.

Edited by Cranky Dog, 18 January 2015 - 06:17 AM.

• Baphomet69, DixonGrfx, kay13 and 6 others like this

#248 tkd.teacher

tkd.teacher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 02:55 PM

I recently acquired quite a few older (198x Grenadier, Ral Partha, Thunderbolt Mountain, etc.) miniatures as part of a Dungeons and Dragons box lot purchase. Was looking for a miniature painting shopping list, and found the parts 1 and 2 guides on this site. Figured I would join and learn as I work my way through some of the old miniatures.

Very much a n00b, so this could be interesting (As in train wreck interesting).

• Dilvish the Deliverer, Darsc Zacal, kay13 and 7 others like this

#249 redambrosia

redambrosia

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3472 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:56 AM

Very much a n00b, so this could be interesting (As in train wreck interesting).

Nah, that would be if you were using those awful enamel paints. :lol:

Welcome to the hobby and the boards ^_^

• kay13, Flamehawke and tiniest rhombus like this

Immature artists imitate. Mature artists steal.

-Lionel Trilling

#250 Bionicspacejelly

Bionicspacejelly

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:49 AM

There used to be a comic books shop near me that sold Ral Partha Minis. I stumbled upon Reaper when I was looking for an online source for minis when that shop closed down. 

• kay13, Pingo, Flamehawke and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users