• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 neil

neil

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:30 PM

I realise the answer to this question is probably staring me in the face somewhere, but how high are the triangles on the pics in the gallery?

Couldn't find the answer on the Reaper site anywhere or in the various FAQ's.

(Specifically I'm trying to figure out the height and base diameter of 03395: Ghostly Summons)

#2 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12432 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:04 PM

.5 & 1 inch are the increments. Seems like the answer for this one should go into the stickies, as there was similar question just last week.

ReaperBryan is in the process of adding all of those to the inventory

Ghostly Summons, I picked this one up at ReaperCon this year & I will say is pretty tall. At least 2 normal DHL humans tall perhaps, if not bigger??
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#3 Sanael

Sanael

God among Kender and Kobolds

• Bones Supporter
  • 1793 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:09 PM

I would suggest a note to this effect at the top of the gallery pages in the store, as we seem to get this question every week...

Index of my Show-Off minis.

Current workbench: Wyrmgear (boss monster for Eberron; WiP here). 35 pts of Legion of Everblight (19/35 complete). RP Draconians Box Set.

Why yes, that is a Kaladrax on my shoulder. Why do you ask?

#4 neil

neil

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:42 PM

Thanks very much (I did do a forum search for "Triangle" but didn't turn up anything relevant).

(Edit: I realised that a search for "Triangle" doesn't find the word "Triangles" ...)

#5 kristof65

kristof65

Captain of the Sky Pirates

• Bones Supporter
  • 6675 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:06 PM

I would suggest a note to this effect at the top of the gallery pages in the store, as we seem to get this question every week...

I don't know that we get the question How high are the triangles every week, but it does seem like we get a how tall is miniature x every week.

So I agree - a note somewhere obvious in the store/gallery.

My Blog - Warming: May be political

Please check out my wife's Stained Glass page:
KAH Designs

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Member of the ReaperBryan Fan Club.[/font]

#6 ixminis

ixminis

Paint-Lackey

• Artists
  • 3893 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:16 PM

I also believe that they started out as bryangles which kind of explains why you can't find 'em with either triangle or triangles...
MichaelG / IXMINIS (I-X-Minis)
Friends don't let friends paint drunk
http://www.tinywars.com

#7 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 8642 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:14 AM

Correction: Bryangles™. Pronounced bryanglesTee-em. :devil:

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#8 Diamond Shark

Diamond Shark

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:15 PM

about 31mm for the base and 69mm tall
great mini, definitely would recommend

#9 Patrick

Patrick

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 10:27 AM

I also believe that they started out as bryangles which kind of explains why you can't find 'em with either triangle or triangles...

:lol: Brilliant!
Patrick
Posted Image

#10 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 6248 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:28 PM

Even if it's stickied, the friendly folks here will usually help someone out with questions of height, width, weight, etc. for a Reaper model.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#11 Kroothawk

Kroothawk

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:39 PM

.5 & 1 inch are the increments. Seems like the answer for this one should go into the stickies, as there was similar question just last week.

Actually, I think you are wrong. According to your statement, this miniature should be 1.5 " or 3.8cm to the top of its head (without the bun). I own this miniature and it is 3cm high or 1 3/16 ", as would be expected if the measure indicated full centimeters, not half inches. Can you clarify this, as someone obviously uses a European measure, not an Imperial one.

Posted Image

#12 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 5826 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:43 PM

They are set every 1/2". You can only get an approximate feel for the size of the miniature using the briangles. Look closely at where the briangles are in the picture and where the miniature is in the picture. Since they are not sitting next to each other the measurement is going to be slightly off. You also need to take in account the height of the base.
* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war - Shakespeare's Julius Caeser
* Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
* Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, ... - Shakespeare's Henry V
* My two hobby blog; Wargames and Railroads

#13 Kroothawk

Kroothawk

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:53 PM

I took the base into account (otherwise the measure would be non-linear), but 1.5 inches is far above the bun in any case, whatever perspective and misplacement of the measure could explain (even if it would only be poor placement of the measure, it would not be helpful to the customers). Please make a personal test.

Otherwise all Reaper miniatures would be 38mm scale and not compatible with most other miniature ranges, and this is clearly not the case.

#14 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3887 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:15 PM

A little Photoshop may be helpful.

Posted Image

Using the space between the two points as a base, measuring 1/2 inch, the figure stands approximately 1.25 inches tall to the top of her head. 1.5" to the topknot.

disclaimer: if the image won't load it's because my crappy ISP has a flaky server and keeps timing out. Please try again later.
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#15 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 8642 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:53 AM

and 1.25" is pretty close to the 1.1875 (1 3/16) -- only .075 inches. 75/1000's of an inch....

thus the Bryangles/Triangles offer a pretty good *estimate* of how tall a figure really is. It's not precise to the mm, but it was intended only to help serve as a guide.

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users