• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5952 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:55 AM

Well then, tell all your friends to come on over! We'll be glad to have them. ;)

~v

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Look! Auctions!! Buy my stuff!!!

#62 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2513 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:26 PM

Any chance of getting the card pdfs for the Savage North factions?
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#63 psyberwolfe1

psyberwolfe1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2241 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:42 PM

Any chance of getting the card pdfs for the Savage North factions?

Are you talking actual cards that used to be packed with the figure? If you are they are no longer doing that.

2014 Painting Goal: 6 Figures/ 36 Painted as of 01/22/2014

For other Wargame and miniature related stuff you can read my blog at http://tacticalrock.blogspot.com

Does anybody else find it odd, by the way, that the information age has led to language becoming an oblique and imprecise tool where even the most straightforward phrasing is pored over with chicken entrails and bone tossing to divine the true meaning?

... nobody remembers Slave Leia because, "Oh my gosh! What innovative use of bronze."

Meep.jpg

#64 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2513 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:57 PM

No, I mean the PDF files of cards for each faction that Shakandara hosts on his website. I realize I could probably make them myself with the army creator or whatever tool it is on the reapergames site, but I can't access reapergames.com from work.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill

#65 psyberwolfe1

psyberwolfe1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2241 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:15 PM

No, I mean the PDF files of cards for each faction that Shakandara hosts on his website. I realize I could probably make them myself with the army builder or whatever tool it is on the reapergames site, but I can't access reapergames.com from work.

You'll need to make them yourself. Or bribe Shakandara to do them. ::P:

Also please edit your previous comment and change army b**ld*r to "Army Creator" because Lone Wolf Games has a standing cease and desist out there interweb wide for using the term not in conjunction with their product of the same name. I'm only asking so they don't sue our favorite figure company into non existence.

2014 Painting Goal: 6 Figures/ 36 Painted as of 01/22/2014

For other Wargame and miniature related stuff you can read my blog at http://tacticalrock.blogspot.com

Does anybody else find it odd, by the way, that the information age has led to language becoming an oblique and imprecise tool where even the most straightforward phrasing is pored over with chicken entrails and bone tossing to divine the true meaning?

... nobody remembers Slave Leia because, "Oh my gosh! What innovative use of bronze."

Meep.jpg

#66 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2513 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:25 PM

Done (the change to the wording, not the PDFs - or the begging, for that matter...). ::P:

Wow, how assinine is that for a company to try and take ownership of a non-capitalized common word. I don't know how good or bad their product is, but I'll never know now. Stupidity earns my undying enmity. :grr:
John Stuart Mill

#67 GreyHorde

GreyHorde

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1892 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:39 AM

I don't believe the issue is a single common word, 'builder', but instead is more likely an attempt to protect the trademark & brand "Army Builder". Lone Wolf Games paid for the trademark and to build brand recognition. The scope of their injunction is most likely only enforceable against intentional advertising to create brand confusion (trademark infringement), not against consumers in open forum posts.

CMON Gallery

eBay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users