joshuaslater

Chronoscope gaming.

Which ones are you buying and what games are you using them for, if not just to collect and paint cuz they're kewl????

Well, I actally seem to be able to find a use for all the Chronoscope figures I buy. For example, the western figures work great for the cowboy skirmish games I play (Legends of the Old West). Of course the superheroes fit right in with the superhero RPGs I like to run (Mutants & Masterminds), and even some of the others can be fit into that genre (I'm even working up a storyline to feature Sasche as a time traveling rouge). I'll be picking up the British and Zulu packs just becuase I loved the move Zulu, but I suppose I could probably use them in a colonial skirmish game like The Sword & the Flame, too.

If you game long enough, and have as wide ranging interests as I do, you eventually end up with a box of games that such that you have at least one that will work for any figure you find! :rolleyes:

Honestly, I haven't played games in a few years now. I just don't have the money for giant armies and expensive books. But I just stepped back into miniature painting because I saw these Chronoscope minis a few weeks ago. So far, my purchases have been Western and pulp era stuff. I don't have any games as of yet for them, but I'll be painting these soon. Perhaps someone has a suggestion for Pulp era games (ie Shadow, Doc Savage, Green Hornet, James Bond, detectives) or westerns.

Zorro, Sascha, Ellen and Jack Harrison are all sitting on my pegboard in their blisters...Sascha and Ellen are both tapped for a Serenity game we will (some day) play, and Rosie and the not-Jayne fig will likely join that crew. Jack may, as well.

Zorro we have because he's cool.

Candy I have because she's cool, and I had an idea for base-work and additional GSing. She's actually almost done, likely finish her tonight or tomorrow. Absolutely no game-use for her at this time, though she could be a fun PC in BESM games (has anyone played BESM? No one in my group has, and I don't quite know enough to pitch the idea to them).

Veronica Blaze I have an awesome conversion for...haven't painted her yet, though.

If we ever play it again, there are some great Shadowrun options in Chronoscope, just not any I've bought yet.

I can see why some of the sculpts in Chronoscope don't appeal; some of them are very 2D/flat (Zorro suffers from this), and there are a few (the tech girl with the little droid comes to mind) that just seemed to lack detail when I saw them. But, I can point to a few DHL with the same problems, and the vast majority of the line really makes up for a handful of stinkers. On the whole, every release of Chronoscope has had at least one figure that made me wish we were playing a game we could use them in.

I use Rosie, Veronica, Sasha and several others for MechWarrior campaign. The western figs for Deadlands. The WWII ones for Weird Wars and when I fiddle around with the Reich of the Dead old rules.

I use Rosie, Veronica, Sasha and several others for MechWarrior campaign. The western figs for Deadlands. The WWII ones for Weird Wars and when I fiddle around with the Reich of the Dead old rules.

you have a copy of the old rules?!?

I have been grabbing CS minis for the cool factor, but I have found minis in the CS line that I just couldn't pass up for my Dark Heresy games:

50145: Dr. Totenkranz - Evil NPC

50112: Phat Clark - Gang Boss/ Bounty Hunter/ Arbite

50104: Jack Hammer - Melee combat servitor

50092: Lab Mutant - Generic ganger

50082: Cobra, Modern Ninja - Generic Assassin / Military Agent

50068: John Bishop, Space Marshal - NPC, Former Guardsman / Arbite

50016: Rosie, Chrono Technician - Generic Spaceport techie

50014: Nick Stone - NPC Merc

50007: Veronica Blaze - PC Dual-wield Assassin (Character name: Rhapsody Sparx)

A few more that I can't recall and a ton that I still want need to get (all the recently released spys, for instance).

50016 Rosie, Chronotechnician - Converted into a Twi'lek for the Star Wars game I'm in now.

50024 Candy, Anime Heroine - Painted her skin pink and her hair purple, now she's a Zeltron

I already have Star Wars Saga character concepts built around various minis:

50028 Kirby, Space Privateer: Ace pilot

50040 Janus, Cybertech Hero: Gunslinger

50136 Female Andromedan Hunter: Cathar Martial Artist (after I remove the rifle of course)

50149 Natalia, Secret Agent: Cat Burglar

50156 Gretha, Female Sniper: Condition Track Sniper

I'm running a game that's basically the TV series Firefly meets the rpg Metamorphosis Alpha meets the 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead. I need a lot of different figures for this thing. Chronoscope provides me with good figures at a reasonable price that I don't have to order from another f'n country.

My only problem is that some of the 28mm figures don't look like they're 28mm. Especially that not-Patterson Bigfoot (I'm a cryptozoologist and I notice things like that).

I'm pretty happy with the whole thing so far.

"My only problem is that some of the 28mm figures don't look like they're 28mm. Especially that not-Patterson Bigfoot (I'm a cryptozoologist and I notice things like that).

I'm pretty happy with the whole thing so far."

I don't give Reaper any hassle over scale now. Between the "Bryangles" at the sides of the pics, and the fact that this community is more than willing to help a brotha' out with a comparison pic, one should never fret over scale. If it don't fit, you must acquit.

I recently started to custom mods to alot of the chrono minis. I used Uncle Sam and Doc Holliday to make a victorian era well dressed duelist. I have been crazy about head swaps lately. Rosie Johnson and Naughty maid are great for head swaps.

I just finished painting a 5 man team of Nova Corp guys to use in AE-Bounty.

Nice set of rules. Chronoscope works great with this game.