Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joshuaslater

Chronoscope gaming.

59 posts in this topic

Here's a group shot of my Novas:

DSC_0031_zps3474986d.jpg

I need to work on the bases -- right now they are a neutral grey. I want the bases to have more dirt on them, to match the mud and dust on their boots.

DSC_0033_zps0f06445d.jpg

DSC_0034_zpse8b14949.jpg

DSC_0035_zpse80e43ad.jpg

DSC_0036_zps3b410349.jpg

DSC_0037_zps6fe60d33.jpg

DSC_0038_zps116a5518.jpg

DSC_0040_zps507def03.jpg

I hope you like them!

Edited by BlackEd
5 people like this

Wow. Your Novas have been infiltrated by an IMEF recon/sniper. IMEF know their stuff! She snuck right in there and nobody noticed. She could be picking pockets right now!

1 person likes this

I like your idea of putting the IMEF sniper with the NOVA troops, she fits visually better with them. I'll probably do the same though I might adjust her chest armor with green stuff so it more closely resembles the female NOVA and not a wet tshirt.

Thanks! I had fun with the weathering and making them dirty.

I debated altering the sniper's chest to be armoured. I think giving her a breast plate will help her fit in better visually.

I have few more sets of Novas and IMEFs now that I traded some of my Bones. I want to create at least one other female Nova. I'm thinking about converting a Nova to kneeling/firing position.

I would love to see what you folks are doing with your Novas and Chronos!

I play Deadlands occasionally so the western figures will join my others. The Nova will mostly be used as Arbites or Stormtroopers for various 40k universe games while the not-Firefly and not-Tomb Raider figures will join an Inquisitorial retinue. I'm seriously tempted to run an Aliens inspired game with the IMEF using a horde of Oxidation Beasts and some Frost Wyrms as their opposition. The awesome giant cybernetic ape will be use in Dust Warfare. And frankly any other game that I can even vaguely justify him in. Cause, you know, giant cybernetic ape. Now that I think of it, he would make an awesome servitor for an Inquisitor.

Edited by Erifnogard
2 people like this

Picking up a Cowboys 'n Gunslingers box plus a couple other Western Chronoscope to use as The Wild West Show Company for In Her Majesty's Name steampunk skirmish game.

1 person likes this

My brother wants to get some of the townsfolk packs for a Monsters and Other Childish Things campaign. He's already painted his Black Mist figurine for a Spirit of The Century playthrough. I'm probably going to have to look through them to see if there's a good miniature for SotC too.

I wish Reaper would organize the Chronoscope stuff better. It is all mixed up. I find myself browsing through the dozens of pages and finding cool figures like the zulu warriors or killer clown and wondering if their is enough of a specific theme to make a good skirmish team. They should organize them more usefully instead of just by random factors like release date and price.

I'm using the chronoscope minis, nova, IMEF and zombies survivors from bones one kickstarter for my homebrew steam punk rpg (which I'm hoping to publish) plus the ones from the bones 2 kickstarter.

I've largely bought Chronoscope minis for cool factor. However I wouldn't mind some minis that are good for an anthropomorphic transhuman science fiction game called Hc Svnt Dracones. Granted I could always just say the Nova Corps troops are "whatever they need to be" as they're in full armor. XD

1 person likes this

I originally started buying the superhero minis for a game that never happened.

Lately though I've been buying the zombies and civilians for a D20 Modern campaign I'll be running in the near future. The Nova minis will also be used in the same campaign. I've been painting them to represent different private security forces.

I'm also using the 59007 gunslinger in PFS games.

I paint for display and collect mostly fantasy.

Chronoscope I painted Bonnie adventurer. In my to do box are, Harpy Supervillain, Oktoberfest girl, Yvette Magic Assistant, Alice and her Rabbit, Nathalie the Spy, Bonnie steampunk heroine, Astro Girl and Dee Dee with her Alien.

And a bunch of the Bones Chronoscope characters that I got during Bones I and II

Edited by Xherman1964
1 person likes this

I play with a group that is really dedicated to 5e. For a lot of them it's the only system they know and play. With the awesome assortment of figures in the fourth kickstarter's Chronoscope expansion I started working on a futuristic space version of 5e.

With any luck I'll be able to keep the system enough like 5e that my group will be willing to give it a try. Luckily I have plenty of time to polish and playtest it before the figures ship.

For the record I have played Spelljammer but didn't really like the feel of it. Which is just one of the reasons I'm building something from the ground up.