54 replies to this topic

#16 MikeD

MikeD

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:11 PM

Which ones are you buying and what games are you using them for, if not just to collect and paint cuz they're kewl????

Well, I actally seem to be able to find a use for all the Chronoscope figures I buy. For example, the western figures work great for the cowboy skirmish games I play (Legends of the Old West). Of course the superheroes fit right in with the superhero RPGs I like to run (Mutants & Masterminds), and even some of the others can be fit into that genre (I'm even working up a storyline to feature Sasche as a time traveling rouge). I'll be picking up the British and Zulu packs just becuase I loved the move Zulu, but I suppose I could probably use them in a colonial skirmish game like The Sword & the Flame, too.

If you game long enough, and have as wide ranging interests as I do, you eventually end up with a box of games that such that you have at least one that will work for any figure you find! :rolleyes:
Mike
- Lord of the Unpainted Hoard!

#17 Nomadik

Nomadik

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 10:39 AM

Honestly, I haven't played games in a few years now. I just don't have the money for giant armies and expensive books. But I just stepped back into miniature painting because I saw these Chronoscope minis a few weeks ago. So far, my purchases have been Western and pulp era stuff. I don't have any games as of yet for them, but I'll be painting these soon. Perhaps someone has a suggestion for Pulp era games (ie Shadow, Doc Savage, Green Hornet, James Bond, detectives) or westerns.

#18 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6610 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:26 AM

Zulu, the movie, should be essential watching for anyone playing tabletop games.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#19 Sanael

Sanael

God among Kender and Kobolds

• Bones Supporter
  • 2354 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:58 AM

Zorro, Sascha, Ellen and Jack Harrison are all sitting on my pegboard in their blisters...Sascha and Ellen are both tapped for a Serenity game we will (some day) play, and Rosie and the not-Jayne fig will likely join that crew. Jack may, as well.

Zorro we have because he's cool.

Candy I have because she's cool, and I had an idea for base-work and additional GSing. She's actually almost done, likely finish her tonight or tomorrow. Absolutely no game-use for her at this time, though she could be a fun PC in BESM games (has anyone played BESM? No one in my group has, and I don't quite know enough to pitch the idea to them).

Veronica Blaze I have an awesome conversion for...haven't painted her yet, though.

If we ever play it again, there are some great Shadowrun options in Chronoscope, just not any I've bought yet.

I can see why some of the sculpts in Chronoscope don't appeal; some of them are very 2D/flat (Zorro suffers from this), and there are a few (the tech girl with the little droid comes to mind) that just seemed to lack detail when I saw them. But, I can point to a few DHL with the same problems, and the vast majority of the line really makes up for a handful of stinkers. On the whole, every release of Chronoscope has had at least one figure that made me wish we were playing a game we could use them in.

Index of my Show-Off minis.

WiP threads:
My Legion of Everblight. Painted: 54 points, 2 Warlocks. Owned: 157 points, 3 Warlocks.

Odd Animals WiP. RP Couatl, DSM Frog Prince, GW/Marauder/Necromunda Milliasaur
Mice & Mystics

Why yes, that is a Kaladrax on my shoulder. Why do you ask?

#20 Rapheal

Rapheal

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:38 PM

I use Rosie, Veronica, Sasha and several others for MechWarrior campaign. The western figs for Deadlands. The WWII ones for Weird Wars and when I fiddle around with the Reich of the Dead old rules.
Member of the Cult of Purple and Teal

#21 nytflyr

nytflyr

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1388 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:42 PM

I use Rosie, Veronica, Sasha and several others for MechWarrior campaign. The western figs for Deadlands. The WWII ones for Weird Wars and when I fiddle around with the Reich of the Dead old rules.

you have a copy of the old rules?!?

¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤
Anything I paint that turns out better than tabletop is purely by accident!
Visit the Dirty 30s! - A sourcebook for Pulp RPGs... now with 10% More PULP!
Selling 30 years of gaming material, visit my eBay store!

Hirst Molds: 40, 45, 54, 55, 56, 60, 63, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 80, 84, 85, 86, 201, 203, 205, 235, 250, 260, 281, 282, 320, 321

#22 wyrmgear

wyrmgear

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:30 PM

I have been grabbing CS minis for the cool factor, but I have found minis in the CS line that I just couldn't pass up for my Dark Heresy games:

50145: Dr. Totenkranz - Evil NPC
50112: Phat Clark - Gang Boss/ Bounty Hunter/ Arbite
50104: Jack Hammer - Melee combat servitor
50092: Lab Mutant - Generic ganger
50082: Cobra, Modern Ninja - Generic Assassin / Military Agent
50068: John Bishop, Space Marshal - NPC, Former Guardsman / Arbite
50016: Rosie, Chrono Technician - Generic Spaceport techie
50014: Nick Stone - NPC Merc
50007: Veronica Blaze - PC Dual-wield Assassin (Character name: Rhapsody Sparx)

A few more that I can't recall and a ton that I still want need to get (all the recently released spys, for instance).
He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else. ~Benjamin Franklin

The person who really wants to do something finds a way; the other person finds an excuse. ~Author Unknown

#23 EntilZha

EntilZha

Godlike

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:42 AM

50016 Rosie, Chronotechnician - Converted into a Twi'lek for the Star Wars game I'm in now.
50024 Candy, Anime Heroine - Painted her skin pink and her hair purple, now she's a Zeltron

I already have Star Wars Saga character concepts built around various minis:

50028 Kirby, Space Privateer: Ace pilot
50040 Janus, Cybertech Hero: Gunslinger
50136 Female Andromedan Hunter: Cathar Martial Artist (after I remove the rifle of course)
50149 Natalia, Secret Agent: Cat Burglar
50156 Gretha, Female Sniper: Condition Track Sniper

--Keith (Yes, the same Keith who killed an Emperor with a Nomad)

"Just as there is no crying in baseball, there is no whining in CAV." --Me

"There are very few problems in a role-playing game that can't be solved by the strategic aquisition and placement of a dead prostitute" --Mad Jack

My CAV units: Merc - Steel Talons (The Arsenal of....Whatever Political or Ideological System or Philosophy You Happen to Espouse) Location: Elysium Planitia, Mars

Terran - 77th Legion (The Lucky Sevens) Location: Fort Nellis, Las Vegas, Nevada, Earth

Adon - Torfel 79 (Golden Death)

#24 Coelacanth1938

Coelacanth1938

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:32 PM

I'm running a game that's basically the TV series Firefly meets the rpg Metamorphosis Alpha meets the 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead. I need a lot of different figures for this thing. Chronoscope provides me with good figures at a reasonable price that I don't have to order from another f'n country.
My only problem is that some of the 28mm figures don't look like they're 28mm. Especially that not-Patterson Bigfoot (I'm a cryptozoologist and I notice things like that).
I'm pretty happy with the whole thing so far.

#25 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6610 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:35 PM

"My only problem is that some of the 28mm figures don't look like they're 28mm. Especially that not-Patterson Bigfoot (I'm a cryptozoologist and I notice things like that).
I'm pretty happy with the whole thing so far."

I don't give Reaper any hassle over scale now. Between the "Bryangles" at the sides of the pics, and the fact that this community is more than willing to help a brotha' out with a comparison pic, one should never fret over scale. If it don't fit, you must acquit.

#26 Maceswinger

Maceswinger

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:43 PM

Reaper should just put out a "Crazy-Weird-Time Traveling-cross genre" Skirmish game so we have an absolute reason to buy all the models ::D:
Maceswinger- Wielder of the mighty Sword of Vermin slaying
Mice Slain: 9

Even the worst painted Miniature looks better then one with no paint at all

Kill the ticks! All bow before the might of the Crypt Legion.

#27 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6610 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:30 AM

I think HeroScape is already doing that. I think the entire Chronoscope range would fit into that!

#28 Rapheal

Rapheal

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:39 PM

I recently started to custom mods to alot of the chrono minis. I used Uncle Sam and Doc Holliday to make a victorian era well dressed duelist. I have been crazy about head swaps lately. Rosie Johnson and Naughty maid are great for head swaps.
Member of the Cult of Purple and Teal

#29 Coelacanth1938

Coelacanth1938

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:17 PM

Maybe Reaper should look into the Amazing Engine system LINK
For the Record, I own Bughunters, For Faerie, Queen, and Country, Metamorphosis Alpha to Omega and Tabloid!.

#30 ogryn

ogryn

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:50 AM

I just finished painting a 5 man team of Nova Corp guys to use in AE-Bounty.
Nice set of rules. Chronoscope works great with this game.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users