Release Dates

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cinemajay

cinemajay

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:01 PM

I'm really impressed with the Legendary Encounters line. The paint jobs are better than WotC's pre-painted minis and the figures themselves are great (having been already rendered in various metals). But I do have one gripe: release dates.

I understand that Reaper is not Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast, but the lag between waves is becoming tiresome. So much so, that I've gone back to buying D&D minis.

I'd been waiting for a few months now for the new giant spider, bug bear, goblins pack, and werewolf. I noticed they were just added today.

Reaper had said they would be released in "August" and yes, today is still August. But I feel it's misleading to make an announcement and then prolong release until the very end of the month. Now, I'm really glad about the new partnership with Paizo and the new Warlord game, but really--two major announcements, several dozen products released and...no word all month about why the LE line was delayed.

As a consequence my local game store didn't have them in stock. I expected that when Reaper set August as a release month, I'd be able to walk in and purchase them. "Available" to me means--available to have in hand. It's clear that meaning is stretched to mean "available online" by Reaper.

If Reaper is going to make another announcement on products--I hope they assign dates or at least "week of" timelines. If things get pushed back--that's fine, but I hope they are more transparent.

It just seems unnecessary and while I get that the 30th is still in the month of August, it sure was cutting it close.

Just my thoughts. Feel free to share yours.

#2 cutebutpsycho

cutebutpsycho

Purple Pirate Fairy Princess

• 2261 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:12 PM

Personally, with the timing of customs and boats coming over from China, I'm rather impressed they're even willing to attempt to give us an ETA. Also, IIRC, release dates in most stores are Mondays. I do know that Reaper does everything it can to not trump stores on release dates but Reaper also can't control which stores and which distributors order how many of what when.....

#3 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 8628 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:20 AM

Sorry to disappoint, but the 4 new LE models are not quite available yet.

Our target for the release was August, but they have not yet cleared customs and have not been cleared for us to pick up.

I know it's frustrating, but we are doing our best to get these to you as quickly as possible. Rest assured, when we do, they will be available at your local FLGS and all major distributors at the same time as we release the items on our website - we do not intentionally release product on our website before your FLGS has a chance to get the item.

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#4 cinemajay

cinemajay

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:06 PM

Sorry to disappoint, but the 4 new LE models are not quite available yet.

Our target for the release was August, but they have not yet cleared customs and have not been cleared for us to pick up.

I know it's frustrating, but we are doing our best to get these to you as quickly as possible. Rest assured, when we do, they will be available at your local FLGS and all major distributors at the same time as we release the items on our website - we do not intentionally release product on our website before your FLGS has a chance to get the item.

Thank you Bryan, I understand things happen. And I wouldn't expect news about a delay to show up on the main page, but maybe Reaper could look into doing a news feed (RSS) or some other mechanism. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

I hope the process improves in the next year. I think I understated how much I enjoy the pre-painted minis--they're among my favorite products for RPGs because they are done so well!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users