Sign in to follow this  
Draxtar

Chicagoland

I'm in the city by the lake so Games Plus requires expensive and lengthy transportation for me or I'd be there often. Wish I could join you.

I'm in the city by the lake so Games Plus requires expensive and lengthy transportation for me or I'd be there often. Wish I could join you.

There is a train stop right in front of the store.

Is there anywhere else that you can play?

Games Plus would be the closest to you. The problem with getting to Mt. Prospect is the time and expense. It's $13 bucks, and the wait for busses plus having to leave before game ends to catch the last train back to the city sucks. I went there once for their Thursday 40k night and it was fun, but too brief to be worth it. The chocolate shake from the Oberweis dairy across the street is great.

I'm on the near north side, downtown by the lake and there's not many venues considering the population of the city. So basically I am a painter who's had to put the wargaming desire on hold.

A new game shop opened on the North Side but it's a disappointment because they don't carry Reaper and only have a small selection of GW paints.

Games Plus would be the closest to you. The problem with getting to Mt. Prospect is the time and expense. It's $13 bucks, and the wait for busses plus having to leave before game ends to catch the last train back to the city sucks. I went there once for their Thursday 40k night and it was fun, but too brief to be worth it. The chocolate shake from the Oberweis dairy across the street is great.

I'm on the near north side, downtown by the lake and there's not many venues considering the population of the city. So basically I am a painter who's had to put the wargaming desire on hold.

A new game shop opened on the North Side but it's a disappointment because they don't carry Reaper and only have a small selection of GW paints.

I live an hour away from Plus but it is a good center point for most of the gamers in the area. I cant believe out of all of the gamers in CHitown, no one plays Warlord. What a disapointment.

Although we aren't in the city there are a few of us that are a just few months into Warlord over here in the Schaumburg area (Koborlas, Overlords/Reven, Crusaders). We haven't played a whole lot mind you but we try to put a game in every so often to learn the rules- too many games so little time. A friend of mine picked up the 2nd edition rulebook at GenCon but we haven't been able to try it out yet.

I/we do go to Games Plus occasionally, maybe once or twice a month.

@Lastman: Is the game shop you're talking about called Dice Dojo?

Yes that's one of two in Chicago that don't carry Reaper.

When my remodeling is done I'll be able to go to Games Plus again and I'll post a message here and see if we can meet up.

Move to Dallas. We have loads of players here, better still we get to play at Reaper HQ sometimes ::):

If you can stand 110 degree heat in the fall that is.

Joshua

My sister lives in Fort Worth. I have been trying to convince my wife for years... to no avail. :(

Although we aren't in the city there are a few of us that are a just few months into Warlord over here in the Schaumburg area (Koborlas, Overlords/Reven, Crusaders). We haven't played a whole lot mind you but we try to put a game in every so often to learn the rules- too many games so little time. A friend of mine picked up the 2nd edition rulebook at GenCon but we haven't been able to try it out yet.

I/we do go to Games Plus occasionally, maybe once or twice a month.

@friendlyfire Well then we need to try and set a date to play. I am out of town till the 25th. After that I am open for the moment.

@friendlyfire Well then we need to try and set a date to play. I am out of town till the 25th. After that I am open for the moment.

Sounds good. We can PM each other the details. I'll let my buddies know too. Hopefully I'll have my own copy of the 2nd ed. rulebook by then.